IGNORED

Gerry Gows Testimonial Match

CiderSomerset

hahaha is this really true? hahaha oh my, that just about sums them up if true.

It's what i have been banging on about for the past few seasons, how they treat people so shoddily and there PR is is a complete disaster at best.

Well sums it up perfectly from the very top down. Shoddy Shoddy City.

I think there maybe a few more people wavering with their season ticket renewal that will say **** You city and your out of touch board very soon.

I sincerely hope this is a wind up. I don't understand how they can cancel it though, wasnt it taking place at Clevedon Town?

Not a wind up TRL, Gerry's son confirmed it... It was due to be played as AG and they had some big names coming down which would have attracted a large crowd... Alot of City fans have ALOT of time for Gerry, I have lost even more faith in the board after this. Clueless.

Not a wind up TRL, Gerry's son confirmed it... It was due to be played as AG and they had some big names coming down which would have attracted a large crowd... Alot of City fans have ALOT of time for Gerry, I have lost even more faith in the board after this. Clueless.

Sorry but that is literally unbelievable.

Guy Price, Jon Lansdown - if you are reading this, please reverse this decision immediately.

Gerry Gow is BRISTOL CITY from an era that I was privaliged to watch; when he and the others wore their hearts on their sleeves and could NEVER be accused of not giving everything for their club.

THEIR REWARD IT SEEMS IS NADA; SAD,SAD DAY IF THIS IS TRUE and our club needs to start building a few bridges not burning them.

GET A GRIP SL F.F.S.

double post

Well that is it. I won't go for the rest of the season, my season ticket is going in the bin, and I most certainly will not be buying a new while this set of silent suits remain at Ashton Gate.

i was going to stay away until i started to love the club again. The can go sing for my money and support, the club will not get it back until that board has gone.

I am already a miserable sod, well my mood has just got 10 times worse.

Board, players and a lesser extent manger................ Up yours

Dont this ******g club realise over 10,000 at least would turn out for Lord Gow of the Gate

JOKE

Dont this ******g club realise over 10,000 at least would turn out for Lord Gow of the Gate

JOKE

Those that were planning on going, don't go to the next game, re-arrange your life on a whim and see how the club like that. 10k missing From AG leaving a crowd of about 2k should send a nice message down the throats of these faceless suits

All i know is that SD from the three lions (chatting to him on tuesday night) had a lot of well known names lined up for this (a few confirmed)

likes of darren barnard, shaun goater, andy cole, lee peacock, peter reid, jackie and maybe bob taylor, to name but a few and now he tells me it's off unless they can come up with 20k that so say the gospel group are paying??? it defeats the meaning of a testimonial (don't shoot the messenger).....

If rearranged some of the names may not be able to make it.

JOKE

the thousands OF POUNDS these loanees will pick up for their short, who the furcking eck are BCFC visit; then there`s THE GOW and the apparrent kick right in the nuts he will get; FGR you are a short distance away from a new fan.

Whoaaaa.

Before you tar and feather the entire board, let me make one thing clear. There will be a Gerry Gow testimonial at Ashton Gate. I can absolutely 100% guarantee that, and if it doesn't happen - to coin a phrase - I will bare my bottom in Burton's window. We have been talking to members of Gerry's testimonial committee today and they are fully aware of the situation.

Bearing in mind that as yet there has been no official announcement about this game, people spreading rumours about it being called off are way off the mark. Dates haven't been finally confirmed, but it will definitely happen. When all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, then we will make an official announcement. In the meantime can we please refrain from having a go at people for something which is quite simply just not true. Myself and my colleagues are all too happy to take criticism for things win we get it wrong, but in this instance the criticism is unfair and totally without foundation.

COYR!

All i know is that SD from the three lions (chatting to him on tuesday night) had a lot of well known names lined up for this (a few confirmed)

likes of darren barnard, shaun goater, andy cole, lee peacock, peter reid, jackie and maybe bob taylor, to name but a few and now he tells me it's off unless they can come up with 20k that so say the gospel group are paying??? it defeats the meaning of a testimonial (don't shoot the messenger).....

If rearranged some of the names may not be able to make it.

If this is right its the death nail for this club; they will deserve everything they get.

the thousands OF POUNDS these loanees will pick up for their short, who the furcking eck are BCFC visit; then there`s THE GOW and the apparrent kick right in the nuts he will get; FGR you are a short distance away from a new fan.

Removed too much swearing :)

If this is correct, then it's a disgrace tbh and shows a total lack of understanding of what it is that makes a club special to its fans..

A sad day when the club you love chases the pound note over a club legend. :nono:

EDIT: Just read Dave L's post, and will withdraw my comments

Whoaaaa.

Before you tar and feather the entire board, let me make one thing clear. There will be a Gerry Gow testimonial at Ashton Gate. I can absolutely 100% guarantee that, and if it doesn't happen - to coin a phrase - I will bare my bottom in Burton's window. We have been talking to members of Gerry's testimonial committee today and they are fully aware of the situation.

Bearing in mind that as yet there has been no official announcement about this game, people spreading rumours about it being called off are way off the mark. Dates haven't been finally confirmed, but it will definitely happen. When all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, then we will make an official announcement. In the meantime can we please refrain from having a go at people for something which is quite simply just not true. Myself and my colleagues are all too happy to take criticism for things win we get it wrong, but in this instance the criticism is unfair and totally without foundation.

COYR!

I wont be waiting outside Burtons Dave, but, I pray to the almighty you are right???? There will be a lot of TRUE and LOYAL BCFC fans watching this one like you would not believe and if your view is "not" correct then you could well be playing your half time game on your Jack Jones!!!!

Whoaaaa.

COYR!

Glad to hear there will be a testimonial.

As for rumours if it's tit for tat in a pub then fair enough but when it comes from the mans family and a organiser of this event i can see why people have got miffed about it.

There will be a testimonial, panic over, case closed.

So, the club say it is on but no details, those organising give dates and details and say they have to stump up 20k to play it or the Gospel gets it.

I am more inclined to believe those who have details rather than those who give no details. Even if it has been just re-arranged, but now players cannot turn up. Well i guess the truth will out when we see the line up is for the legends game, those who could make it on the arranged date and those that cannot turn up for an apparent re-arranged date.

Whoaaaa.

COYR!

i'm sorry to have to say this but to me this once more a half arsed, ill thought out and ill prepared BCFC PR disaster, it'll happen 'one day, 'some day', 'soon' IMO it ain't good enough, the guy is a REAL legend and deserves better from this club.

i'm sorry to have to say this but to me this once more a half arsed, ill thought out and ill prepared BCFC PR disaster, it'll happen 'one day, 'some day', 'soon' IMO it ain't good enough, the guy is a REAL legend and deserves better from this club.

Exactly. Typical BCFC PR balls up.

Archived