IGNORED

Sorry To Disappoint

allyolly

I can report from the far north east the players showed far more heart and commitment than many on here. Not talking about that could nt make it for good reasons but can't help feeling that the performance and effort shown by the lads will upset the agendas of some.

Come on you reds.

I can report from the far north east the players showed far more heart and commitment than many on here. Not talking about that could nt make it for good reasons but can't help feeling that the performance and effort shown by the lads will upset the agendas of some.

Come on you reds.

....and what agendas are that?

Come on you reds.

Agenda's haha what agenda? it is a point, better than most thought, but we are now in a worse position than we were before kick off if you haven't noticed, and yet another red card.

Come on you reds.I

I'm bloody delighted we got a point today but that dosent wipe the slate clean and excuse all the other abject, gutless performances.

What are you trying to prove ? Being a wise arse after the event just makes you look rather silly.

Agenda's haha what agenda? it is a point, better than most thought, but we are now in a worse position than we were before kick off if you haven't noticed, and yet another red card.

To be fair it is an excellent point and although you are correct in saying that we are worse off at this moment it could be a very important point at the end of the season when it really matters. Another red card yes but most people on here don't rate McGivern one bit so do they really think it is a big deal? I would imagine they probably do now but there you go...

Melksham Red,I don't think it is a case of the OP being a "wise arse", he is making a fair and valid point. Just out of interest, what would it take in your eyes to wipe the slate clean? I wonder this about a lot of posters on this site.

Come on you reds.

I have opne agenda and that is to see a team that represents the asperations of the fans, which is to compete at this level. Back slapping players that do not consitantly perform has gone on to long and is not the way forward. Delighted the changes in key arrears, some forced but nevertheless appear to have made a big difference. If we can replicate that for the majority of the next 7 games we will all be happy that is the "Agenda".

To be fair it is an excellent point and although you are correct in saying that we are worse off at this moment it could be a very important point at the end of the season when it really matters. Another red card yes but most people on here don't rate McGivern one bit so do they really think it is a big deal? I would imagine they probably do now but there you go...

Melksham Red,I don't think it is a case of the OP being a "wise arse", he is making a fair and valid point. Just out of interest, what would it take in your eyes to wipe the slate clean? I wonder this about a lot of posters on this site.

It would take 100% commitment every game, not games that they choose to up the performance because the team they are playing is deemed big. This result, although good has not gone anywhere near wiping the slate clean, if they continue like it until the end of the season, that will go some way if they satay up or not. We only ask for the 2 things they can do, Commitment and passion for the cause, if they go down fighting, so be it, if they go down with a whimper, which they have been for most of the season, that slate is never gonna get wiped

Edit, it is hypothetical now, but if we had lost that 1 point through bloody stupid defending for a red card, then yes it would have been a big deal, luckily it didn't affect the result. Just when we are having issues with other sendings off and injuries, no matter how poor he is, he now will probably have a 3 match ban when we are missing bodies. And yet another red card in McInnes short reign! How many is it now? They are not doing themselves any favours at all

Do you really think they "choose" which games to commit to!? They are just average players who are struggling to take responsibility for their actions. I think they are looking for excuses to fail rather than reasons to succeed which is the worry but consistency shouldn't be a goal right now as its wholly unachievable. Get us over the line by any means necessary and sort it out in the summer then, and only then, should the word consistency be the objective.

Do you really think they "choose" which games to commit to!? They are just average players who are struggling to take responsibility for their actions. I think they are looking for excuses to fail rather than reasons to succeed which is the worry but consistency shouldn't be a goal right now as its wholly unachievable. Get us over the line by any means necessary and sort it out in the summer then, and only then, should the word consistency be the objective.

Yes

Forgive me querying your one word answer but do you mean "yes" you think they choose which games to commit to? If that's right what makes you think that?

Take a look at the games we have won, Southampton twice (top of the league) Leicester twice (Big spender)s Go up to Westham everyone puts their body on the line to get a draw.

Now look at the effort put into most of our other matches

It stinks, utterly stinks

Come on you reds.

Have you not seen the shit we have been tormented too this season????

Get in the real world.

But if that was a conscious decision to get up for those games then what would the possible advantage be!? We're expected to lose those games surely? I just think its more that those teams expect to roll us over and we got lucky. Players aren't paid more for bigger scalps. They don't get remembered for turning a big team over. The confidence is shot, the performances are not glamour and the results reflect that. I'm as annoyed as the next fan but I don't think it's calculated to be this crap!

But if that was a conscious decision to get up for those games then what would the possible advantage be!? We're expected to lose those games surely? I just think its more that those teams expect to roll us over and we got lucky. Players aren't paid more for bigger scalps. They don't get remembered for turning a big team over. The confidence is shot, the performances are not glamour and the results reflect that. I'm as annoyed as the next fan but I don't think it's calculated to be this crap!

Its not calculated to be crap. They just up their games when they want to, and go back to their standard, turn up and hope something happens attitude for other games. You should enter every game the same way, yes you might lose but the passion and effort has to be there.

So you are saying that you genuinely believe they are making a conscious decision to play with passion or not. Interesting.

I am, after witnessing bodies on the line, players chucking themselves into the way of balls chasing an harassing off the ball at WestHam and Southampton, then witness the half hearted crap for a large part of the season, where players wave opposition players through, pull out of tackles, not closing down etc etc. It all adds up to trying harder in certain games. There is no excuse for it. It is a basic requirement. yes you cannot play well every game, but you can sure has hell put the same effort in every game

It would take 100% commitment every game, not games that they choose to up the performance because the team they are playing is deemed big. This result, although good has not gone anywhere near wiping the slate clean, if they continue like it until the end of the season, that will go some way if they satay up or not. We only ask for the 2 things they can do, Commitment and passion for the cause, if they go down fighting, so be it, if they go down with a whimper, which they have been for most of the season, that slate is never gonna get wiped

Edit, it is hypothetical now, but if we had lost that 1 point through bloody stupid defending for a red card, then yes it would have been a big deal, luckily it didn't affect the result. Just when we are having issues with other sendings off and injuries, no matter how poor he is, he now will probably have a 3 match ban when we are missing bodies. And yet another red card in McInnes short reign! How many is it now? They are not doing themselves any favours at all

Yes but we did'nt, end of. I almost get the impression that the same people that slate McGivern will be the same people that make his sending a massive issue? It was a great point and a much better performance. I know it will not wipe the slate clean with many on here but is it not a start? After all we have to start somewhere don't we?

Hypothetically, had McGivern not made the challenge and they had scored I can only imagine the comments on here about lack of commitment etc...

So you are saying that you genuinely believe they are making a conscious decision to play with passion or not. Interesting.

I think what it means is that large elements of the squad have to raise their game in order to be able to compete. Its clear that the amount of times they achieve this is down to the ability to perfom at Campionship level. Clearly the basic level of performance is not nearly good enough on a regular basis.

I think what it means is that large elements of the squad have to raise their game in order to be able to compete. Its clear that the amount of times they achieve this is down to the ability to perfom at Campionship level. Clearly the basic level of performance is not nearly good enough on a regular basis.

If they can raise their games, then they are not playing with total commitment. This is what we need now. I don't and have never understood this raise your game attitude that you hear from managers. you should be putting in 100% effort every time you enter the pitch.

Raise your game? you shouldn't be able to, means you were not trying hard enough in the first place.

If they can raise their games, then they are not playing with total commitment. This is what we need now. I don't and have never understood this raise your game attitude that you hear from managers. you should be putting in 100% effort every time you enter the pitch.

Raise your game? you shouldn't be able to, means you were not trying hard enough in the first place.

So it is never possible to get any better?

yes, with technique and ability, but not with effort. you give 100% of what you have to give.

Yep take your point.

Any answers to previous questions?

Yes but we did'nt, end of. I almost get the impression that the same people that slate McGivern will be the same people that make his sending a massive issue? It was a great point and a much better performance. I know it will not wipe the slate clean with many on here but is it not a start? After all we have to start somewhere don't we?

Hypothetically, had McGivern not made the challenge and they had scored I can only imagine the comments on here about lack of commitment etc...

You are missing the main point I'm trying to make. Put it this way I could give everthing I could on the pitch V Derby, vomitting after 20 mins you get the picture, it would not be good enough. There are key defenders in our squad that have been playing the majority of games over the last three seasons. My argument is that the level of ability to play at Championship standard week in week out a "standard level performance" (everyone has an exceptional game at sometime) is not there and they only compete when they have a non-standard i.e. exceptional performance above what most observes would consider to be their average level of performance. It seems that certian players raise their game when faced with "better" opposition becuase they know their standard peformance isn't good enough, but they are unable to do this on a regular basis.

City's problems is we have to many of this type of player in the squad and its interesting to see that players who are not regualrs in their respective teams all be it for one game can produce better.

Yep take your point.

Any answers to previous questions?

From what I understand, from not being there, but getting a running commentary from my mate, he got himself in a poor position in the first place then hauled the guy down. So there should not have been a chance of a goal or the need to haul him down.

Commitment and hauling someone down are not the same thing. getting done by some skill while trying to tackle, is far different from hauling someone down from your own positioning

You are missing the main point I'm trying to make. Put it this way I could give everthing I could on the pitch V Derby, vomitting after 20 mins you get the picture, it would not be good enough. There are key defenders in our squad that have been playing the majority of games over the last three seasons. My argument is that the level of ability to play at Championship standard week in week out a "standard level performance" (everyone as an exceptional game at sometime) is not there and they only compete when they have a non-standard i.e. exceptional performance above what most observes would consider to be their average level of performance. It seems that certian players raise their game when faced with "better" opposition becuase they know their standard peformance isn't good enough, but they are unable to do this on a regular basis.

City's problems is we have to many of this type of player in the squad and its interesting to see that players who are not regualrs in their respective teams all be it for one game can produce better.

I do understand, the commitment level should be the same every week, if the physical, technical and skill level is higher than yours, then fine, you did all you could do, but were not good enough. But if your commitment level drops, you will never know what you could of achieved.

I do understand, the commitment level should be the same every week, if the physical, technical and skill level is higher than yours, then fine, you did all you could do, but were not good enough. But if your commitment level drops, you will never know what you could of achieved.

Agree, but then perhaps some of the players and fans think they are better than they are so there is the misconception that the level of ability is such that it does not need to be suplimented with effort. From listening to Del McInnes over recent weeks he is fully aware that the committment and effort levels need to be raised considerably to compete.

From what I understand, from not being there, but getting a running commentary from my mate, he got himself in a poor position in the first place then hauled the guy down. So there should not have been a chance of a goal or the need to haul him down.

Commitment and hauling someone down are not the same thing. getting done by some skill while trying to tackle, is far different from hauling someone down from your own positioning

So does that mean your previous comment "yes, with technique and ability, but not with effort. you give 100% of what you have to give"does not count for McGivern? One of the most slated players on this site? After all most of the moans on the site seem to be about lack of effort?

Archived