IGNORED

Sorry To Disappoint

allyolly

Agree, but then perhaps some of the players and fans think they are better than they are so there is the misconception that the level of ability is such that needs to suplimented with effort. From listening to Del McInnes over recent weeks he is fully aware that the committment and effort levels need to be raised considerably to compete.

I think some of the players need a wakeup call, they are not as good as they think they are, so effort is needed to carry them through! I am just wondering why, with McInnes stating this for weeks, that the players have not picked up on it, and done something about it.

I think "agenda" is perhaps the wrong word to use.

We are all passionate Bristol City fans & I think everyone would agree that despite the usual high expectation levels, the reality is that we have had yet another hugely disapointing season, no matter what happens between now and the end of the season.

Our form has been patchy, that's why we're where we are. (DOH!) I don't think it's simply the players not trying hard enough in certain matches, that's a rediculous accusation to make.

There are a number of factors to take into account IMO

1) The club's inability to sign a left back & creative midfield player pre season.

2) Keef & his tactics of persistently playing Skuse & Elliott together in midfield.

3) The Maynard saga. The club knew he would go & should have had a suitable replacement lined up long ago.

4) The Academy & Scouting Network. What has happened to all the supposed talent that's meant to be knocking on the door of the first team?

5) Persistently playing 5 in midfield which never hold up the ball anyway and just underlines how weak the midfield is that we have to play 5 there.

6) Hendo. The shocking way a player with obvious talent was treated. No wonder he left.

7) The amount of long term injuries we have accumulated Clarkson, Wilson, Nyatanga, Skuse & Elliott. That would affect any team.

Long term, I think we have the right man in place. Short term, it's about keeping our Championship status, having a clear out of players post season and start to rebuild.

It was interesting to hear DMC talk of our club not being able to afford the loan of Adam Hamill despite our precarious position and the availability of any gifted loan player who could make a difference.

So does that mean your previous comment "yes, with technique and ability, but not with effort. you give 100% of what you have to give"does not count for McGivern? One of the most slated players on this site? After all most of the moans on the site seem to be about lack of effort?

Well if he gave 100% every game fair enough, but he is not a defender in any sense of the word, so shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place. He is a liability.

I think some of the players need a wakeup call, they are not as good as they think they are, so effort is needed to carry them through! I am just wondering why, with McInnes stating this for weeks, that the players have not picked up on it, and done something about it.

Perhaps even with "effort" they still can't reach the required level on a regular basis hense the deadline loan signings. Yes injuries and supensions may have forced the issue but we need a bit of luck and perhaps the injurys and suspension are in effect "luck" in a back handed way. As we have replaced "regulars" with new blood. Something that I have argued for a while should have been done long ago. Its my theory, but after all I just want to stay up, and hope that a full review takes place thereafter.

We are all passionate Bristol City fans & I think everyone would agree that despite the usual high expectation levels, the reality is that we have had yet another hugely disapointing season, no matter what happens between now and the end of the season.

Our form has been patchy, that's why we're where we are. (DOH!) I don't think it's simply the players not trying hard enough in certain matches, that's a rediculous accusation to make.

1) The club's inability to sign a left back & creative midfield player pre season.

2) Keef & his tactics of persistently playing Skuse & Elliott together in midfield.

3) The Maynard saga. The club knew he would go & should have had a suitable replacement lined up long ago.

4) The Academy & Scouting Network. What has happened to all the supposed talent that's meant to be knocking on the door of the first team?

5) Persistently playing 5 in midfield which never hold up the ball anyway and just underlines how weak the midfield is that we have to play 5 there.

6) Hendo. The shocking way a player with obvious talent was treated. No wonder he left.

7) The amount of long term injuries we have accumulated Clarkson, Wilson, Nyatanga, Skuse & Elliott. That would affect any team.

Long term, I think we have the right man in place. Short term, it's about keeping our Championship status, having a clear out of players post season and start to rebuild.

It was interesting to hear DMC talk of our club not being able to afford the loan of Adam Hamill despite our precarious position and the availability of any gifted loan player who could make a difference.

:clapping: Other than the first sentence.

Del said we could not afford the loan of Hamill? I didn't hear that. How much is he on? at the last count we had 6 players on loan 1 isn't being played, the other shouldn't be played, a 7th has gone back after spending most of his time injured. 3 men there that could (i am presuming) could have been returned to their parent clubs, freeing up 3 spaces and wages.

Yes there is a whole myriad of things that have led to where we are now. But there is only one thing the players can do in the here and now to try and rectify the situation

Del said we could not afford the loan of Hamill? I didn't hear that. How much is he on? at the last count we had 6 players on loan 1 isn't being played, the other shouldn't be played, a 7th has gone back after spending most of his time injured. 3 men there that could (i am presuming) could have been returned to their parent clubs, freeing up 3 spaces and wages.

Yes there is a whole myriad of things that have led to where we are now. But there is only one thing the players can do in the here and now to try and rectify the situation

He definately said it on Radio Bristol evening sports bullitins last night.

Perhaps even with "effort" they still can't reach the required level on a regular basis hense the deadline loan signings. Yes injuries and supensions may have forced the issue but we need a bit of luck and perhaps the injurys and suspension are in effect "luck" in a back handed way. As we have replaced "regulars" with new blood. Something that I have argued for a while should have been done long ago. Its my theory, but after all I just want to stay up, and hope that a full review takes place thereafter.

I think you make your own luck, it is why those that are driven and playing at the top of the league tend to get more. They believe in what they are doing, and are willing to try things which maybe you are not willing to try when fearing another loss. It may also be the reason for the number of reds, as our players are always in two minds, then make the decision too late.

Well if he gave 100% every game fair enough, but he is not a defender in any sense of the word, so shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place. He is a liability.

You may be right but it seem to me that his 100% effort probably got a point today that MAY keep us up at the end of the season. If that is the case then I think we will all agree his sending off was well worth it.

As the major issue seems to be about lack of effort, with McGivern this is maybe not the case.

All this hypothetical of course.

You may be right but it seem to me that his 100% effort probably got a point today that MAY keep us up at the end of the season. If that is the case then I think we will all agree his sending off was well worth it.

As the major issue seems to be about lack of effort, with McGivern this is maybe not the case.

All this hypothetical of course.

If it stopped a certain goal, and we stay up by a point, then he will have made the right decision, no matter what I think of him

I am, after witnessing bodies on the line, players chucking themselves into the way of balls chasing an harassing off the ball at WestHam and Southampton, then witness the half hearted crap for a large part of the season, where players wave opposition players through, pull out of tackles, not closing down etc etc. It all adds up to trying harder in certain games. There is no excuse for it. It is a basic requirement. yes you cannot play well every game, but you can sure has hell put the same effort in every game

There's one massive difference with the games you mention, and the rest of them.

The games you mention, very earely have we fell behind. When were drawing or have our noses in front, we fight and scrap.

As soon as we go behind, we give up and compitulate. That's how week a mentality we got

Archived