IGNORED

Some Answers

Dave L

OP was titled "some answers"

Reading through it.....................there isn't a single new answer that we didn't already know !

1) There is still no confirmed date for the GG testimonial, it might be the end of this season, it might be next pre-season

So TBA still

2) The season card pricing or date info that was requested is still unavailabe. It's coming soon though.

Clearly the delay is due to relegation being a distinct possibility. Pricing will be pitched according to our league status.

So TBA still

3) The club are contacting former players

That was on the OS previously

CR

The season card situation is a farce.

So clearly we will have to wait and see which league we're going to be in before the club decides which packages they are going to release.

There should of been an early bird offer weeks ago rewarding the ones who were prepared to buy regardless of where we're going to be next season.

Also why was they an announcement on the OS 4 weeks ago regarding season cards and then nothing followed?

Reading through it.....................there isn't a single new answer that we didn't already know !

1) There is still no confirmed date for the GG testimonial, it might be the end of this season, it might be next pre-season

So TBA still

2) The season card pricing or date info that was requested is still unavailabe. It's coming soon though.

Clearly the delay is due to relegation being a distinct possibility. Pricing will be pitched according to our league status.

So TBA still

CR

Agree; conclusion there are "more questions than answers" as the old song goes; in this thread.

It just seems counter productive to me as that's why Steve l stopped posting on here. I'm all for a two way forum and the club will always have questions that need answers (as would any football club). I just don't see how DL could respond to these two posts and why should he?

Its his job, one he`s paid to do; clues in the fans liason job title.

Here's my thoughts on the ST pricing structure, the price should be the price, why do we have a three tier system for pricing, this is not the January Sales for shopping, we have a stadium that needs filling out, that needs to be addressed.

You say that people are now moaning about ST's not being available now, ST renewals should be left til MAY because that's when the current season ends. The club have most of May, June and July to get ST sales in, the only reason why fans are asking is because the club has bullied them into getting them early over the past few seasons.

POTD is ridiculously high, ST prices should realistically be about getting 4-5 games free against POTD, So for a Dolman ST if it's £375 then POTD price should total no more than £455, or approx about £20 POTD. That's surely reasonable, £28 is not.

Atyeo pricing again about £18 POTD or £325 ST, £395 POTD pricing

EE is a good price, no arguments on ST pricing. The soundbites from around the country are all the same, we know people are struggling blah blah blah, yet, noone is doing a darned thing about it. They would rather piss off a large proportion of their fanbase, just so that the money grabbing weasels on the pitch still get paid in full. Maybe the club needs to take the lead by first getting it's house in order so that others may want to follow.

Here's my thoughts on the ST pricing structure, the price should be the price, why do we have a three tier system for pricing, this is not the January Sales for shopping, we have a stadium that needs filling out, that needs to be addressed.

You say that people are now moaning about ST's not being available now, ST renewals should be left til MAY because that's when the current season ends. The club have most of May, June and July to get ST sales in, the only reason why fans are asking is because the club has bullied them into getting them early over the past few seasons.

POTD is ridiculously high, ST prices should realistically be about getting 4-5 games free against POTD, So for a Dolman ST if it's £375 then POTD price should total no more than £455, or approx about £20 POTD. That's surely reasonable, £28 is not.

Atyeo pricing again about £18 POTD or £325 ST, £395 POTD pricing

EE is a good price, no arguments on ST pricing. The soundbites from around the country are all the same, we know people are struggling blah blah blah, yet, noone is doing a darned thing about it. They would rather piss off a large proportion of their fanbase, just so that the money grabbing weasels on the pitch still get paid in full. Maybe the club needs to take the lead by first getting it's house in order so that others may want to follow.

Agreed it is expensive POTD but pricing should be set on what it costs to run the club not what the economic climate suggests. Utilities aren't cheaper, players aren't cheaper, cost of borrowing isn't cheaper so we all suck it up or stop going. Something needs to change but then maybe the club has something up it's sleeve in respect of this, hence the delay - who knows (not Dave :laugh:!)??

Agreed it is expensive POTD but pricing should be set on what it costs to run the club not what the economic climate suggests. Utilities aren't cheaper, players aren't cheaper, cost of borrowing isn't cheaper so we all suck it up or stop going. Something needs to change but then maybe the club has something up it's sleeve in respect of this, hence the delay - who knows (not Dave :laugh:!)??

All this is true. But like many businesses out there, if your customers stop coming, it gets even harder to operate, and as we are seeing, thousands of businesses are closing. Clearly the amount charged doesn't come close to plugging the 10-12 million deficit each year. So they have a choice, claw back a tiny percentage and put the prices up and lose fans. Leave it the same, and on the face of it still lose fans. Drop it and see if they can win back some fans.

Either way they will still be losing millions a year as they have never got a control on money, which has got worse and worse year on year. Rock and hard place!

Well yes although that is true, I never saw Blackpool losing nearly £12m a season the year they got promotion to the top flight. Our poor finances are a result of our poor strategy on and off the pitch. As a club they are very poor at communication, very poor at looking after ex pros, very poor at developing their academy kids, very poor in the transfer market and most players that we do get here that have come with a reputation we have turned them into poorer players.

We piss money away every season, this season our strategy of improving the weak parts of our side were not addressed again, hence we are now throwing more money at more loan players. A financial disaster.

Well yes although that is true, I never saw Blackpool losing nearly £12m a season the year they got promotion to the top flight. Our poor finances are a result of our poor strategy on and off the pitch. As a club they are very poor at communication, very poor at looking after ex pros, very poor at developing their academy kids, very poor in the transfer market and most players that we do get here that have come with a reputation we have turned them into poorer players.

We piss money away every season, this season our strategy of improving the weak parts of our side were not addressed again, hence we are now throwing more money at more loan players. A financial disaster.

You don't seem to understand Steve is the messiah, he can do no wrong. It is everyone else fault.

Steve will save us, its all okay screech.

In all honesty I don't understand how football finances are such a shambles but there are only a few clubs who are in good shape. I think the model is flawed as it seems to be a results at all costs ideology which is essentially gambling. Steve Lansdown must have spent a fortune so let's just hope he doesn't run out of appetite and turn his attention to the Rugby as that would be curtains

Can I suggest you try being constuctive rather than ranting at someone who has taken the time to post on here and try and address concerns?

Quite right - sometimes answers are not immediately available because decisions have not been made so how/why people expect them just because they stamp their feet i don't know. CS and SL before him are far from faceless and the club have made a number of attempts to improve things as Dave points out. Always though easy to criticise from the sidelines and were we not struggling on the pitch am sure much of the perceived sleights and mistakes would go unnoticed.

Quite how a bloke like Dave L gets stick on here says a lot more about us as fans than him to be honest.

He may not have given you exact answers you were after - but he's tried to keep you informed.

He clearly doesn't know yet on some of the points, because it hasn't been confirmed and/or worked out.

Do you want him to pluck something out of his arse and then be wrong???

Fking hell we haven't half got some miserable fkers supporting us at times.....

Give the bloke some credit.

Quite how a bloke like Dave L gets stick on here says a lot more about us as fans than him to be honest.

He may not have given you exact answers you were after - but he's tried to keep you informed.

He clearly doesn't know yet on some of the points, because it hasn't been confirmed and/or worked out.

Do you want him to pluck something out of his arse and then be wrong???

Fking hell we haven't half got some miserable fkers supporting us at times.....

Give the bloke some credit.

Is that so? He comes on, says things are happening, and something even more exciting and better than the original event, that may or may not be happening, then stops. Information about nothing is exactly that. Nothing, what is the point.

He has actually told us more about who he supports, where he comes from and his wife than he has about things happening at city.

I really can't see that Dave Lloyd get's much "stick". He is a paid employee of the club and as he says, part of his role is community liasion.

If you're going to take on that role at a football club you have to accept the rough as well as well the smooth, especially when the board are as good as invisible.

Is that so? He comes on, says things are happening, and something even more exciting and better than the original event, that may or may not be happening, then stops. Information about nothing is exactly that. Nothing, what is the point.

He has actually told us more about who he supports, where he comes from and his wife than he has about things happening at city.

He didn't have to post anything on here. If he knew the ******* dates he would post them. It's not as if he's solely responsible for organising the thing.

You do come across as a miserable old fart on this forum!

So TBA still

So TBA still

CR

Not sure whether you're missing the point on purpose, but Dave gives in great detail 'some answers' as to why these things are yet to be confirmed, and clears things up on the Gow testimonial after the game of Chinese whispers going on in the other thread.

He didn't have to post anything on here. If he knew the ******* dates he would post them. It's not as if he's solely responsible for organising the thing.

You do come across as a miserable old fart on this forum!

Well he chose to come on here as part of his role, surely if he didn't he wouldn't be doing his job in raising concerns to the board.

Fair play he comes on here, but he pads out his answers with answers to things that haven't really been asked such as his supporting history and his wife. Personally I don't think he should be putting his personal life out here for all to see. That is a bad move, you never know who is lurking on a forum.

Instead of padding out a response with words much like a politician, maybe he could have come straight to the point, there is no information. Instead he went all smoke and mirrors on us.

Unbelievable really, when you consider this was one of the bad points pointed out by people, but yet they continue to do it while trying to explain they are trying to sort things out. You really couldn't make it up.

Yes I am a miserable git, the club has done this to me, and I will continue to point it out until things are put right. If you are happy the way things are run, fair enough, you don't have to say anything. I however am not happy at all about the way the club is run.

The Season Off thread is a very interesting one, with some heartfelt and brilliant contributions from many people. I promise you that the key decision makers at the Club, from the Chairman down, are well aware of the feelings expressed. The last couple of years have not been great on the pitch, and I cannot blame fans for being exasperated and fed up.

Excellent that you've come on here expressing your views and that of the plutocrats that rule this club. Don't get paranoid because this is no dig at you, but why have we not been able to put out a decent side to compete properly at Championship level? With all the money spent and resulting debt the club is now in we're now not much better off league wise than when Scott Davidson was Chairman 13 years ago. Managers have come and gone over the last few years and the ability of our first team has got progressively worse in that time. No surprise that we're now in relegation trouble because out of a squad of over 30 we often can't raise a decent first team. It seems that the excellent result at Boro yesterday was mainly due to the injection of loanees into the side.

The advertising rhetoric to those purchasing season cards over the last few years was about 'going for promotion'. All I've seen over the last 2 years is a very badly run football club struggling to stay in the Championship. Nice ideas with the much vaunted BCFC academy, new stadium and Community Trust but these projects mean nothing to me when we're struggling to stave off relegation. Put these projects on the back burner please and concentrate on putting out a decent first team to entertain our long suffering supporters.

Either you didn't read his post properly or you've decided to ignore what he said, which was the testimonial game will take place at Ashton Gate on a date yet to be decided.

What more do you need to know ?

As for posting personal information, I guess that was because he knows how quickly threads become hijacked and poisonous by the usual winkers on here and maybe he wanted to pre-empt that by offering some information which was entirely in context and which may mitigate the inevitable shite.

I could have told him not to bother posting as he's on a hiding to nothing.

Your last sentence is spot on... Post nothing, he gets slated, when he posts, he gets slated. Lose/Lose.

To be fair to Dave L I have always found him very approachable and (one email apart that slipped through the net) he has always answered any questions I have needed answering. He has also been very helpful with the fans derbies that we have organised. A fans liasion job isnt the easiest of jobs as there is no way you can please everyone.

Archived