IGNORED

Answer Please

TRL

To quote David Lloyd...

Now to specifics, starting with the Gerry Gow testimonial.

The club has not been great at looking after our former players, and we are anxious to put that right. That’s why we have recently announced the formation of our former players association. Scott Murray and Marina Dolman are currently contacting every former player who we have details for. They will all be welcomed back for a big day, and for any future game they want to attend. There will be more news on that very soon.

Everybody at the club is well aware of the legendary status that Gerry Gow has. I remember him well as a player and I have been lucky enough to meet him on several occasions. I, along with many colleagues, will be giving our time for free when his testimonial match is played at Ashton Gate. I will also be playing in his golf day in April.

Gerry’s testimonial game was originally pencilled in to be played at the Hand Stadium, Clevedon. On learning this, our new Commercial Director Kevin Smith, felt that we should be offering more support to Gerry and an approach was made to his committee to see if we could hold the game at AG. By that time the only available date was at the end of May, but this also clashed with a prior booking from another organisation. We are still trying to resolve that clash, and it’s way off the mark to say that the game won’t go ahead on the original date. If it doesn’t, then there is a very exciting plan B in place for a game next pre-season which, if anything, could make even more money for Gerry. Either way, there will definitely be a game, and everyone is 100% committed to making sure that it happens.

The only reason it hasn’t been announced yet is because we weren’t able to confirm the final details. As soon as we can, we will.

What's the question?

To quote David Lloyd...

What's the question?

Originally. The official hand website still has it advertised as the 20th May. Our website has nothing. Officially it is still being played there. I wonder if clevedon have even been notified, otherwise that would have been taken down.

So the question is still open.

Has anyone from the supporters trust actually suggested what they'd like to happen for GG. Criticism is great fun and that but what about a thread that outlines some specifics. I enjoyed the events for Tinmans testimonial year in the dolman, nice and informal, interesting, Tins was loving it and presumably got him closer to his fans and a few sheckles in his pocket. What about a match where fans could bid for the opportunity to play in a team of city legends, captained by GG? Few beers afterwards, raffle the shirts off, bit of Q&A and compare and contrast being a pro in the 70's to the current pros. Couple of ideas to get things started......

Why not just email DL directly? He already said in his last post that he was trying distance himself from replying directly on forums and gave valid reasons for this.

Maybe, just maybe people have be phoning up the hand stadium enquiring about tickets.

This info should be out in the public domain, not in someone's private inbox.

I actually phoned the hand stadium to find out what was happening, no answer as yet

Maybe, just maybe people have be phoning up the hand stadium enquiring about tickets.

I actually phoned the hand stadium to find out what was happening, no answer as yet

If people do phone up and enquire then they'll be told then.

The information will be in the public domain when the plans are finalised.

Dave l when he comes back. Or is gow having 2 separate testimonials?

I'd have thought the best people to answer the question would be the testimonial organising committee.

I'd be interested in this as i don't live too far away from there, would love to know the outcome.

Originally. The official hand website still has it advertised as the 20th May. Our website has nothing. Officially it is still being played there. I wonder if clevedon have even been notified, otherwise that would have been taken down.

So the question is still open.

It being on a website doesn't mean that information is still valid. So I'd hardly take that as official confirmation of existing plans and arrangements.

"Learn read before calling someone a tool. I am in the sun having a beer. Ta."

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I "Learn read". I'll leave you to your beer and getting in a tizz over nothing.

Just for you to .........m

Hope you feel better now :)

Has anyone from the supporters trust actually suggested what they'd like to happen for GG. Criticism is great fun and that but what about a thread that outlines some specifics. I enjoyed the events for Tinmans testimonial year in the dolman, nice and informal, interesting, Tins was loving it and presumably got him closer to his fans and a few sheckles in his pocket. What about a match where fans could bid for the opportunity to play in a team of city legends, captained by GG? Few beers afterwards, raffle the shirts off, bit of Q&A and compare and contrast being a pro in the 70's to the current pros. Couple of ideas to get things started......

Although there have been some conversations about testimonials generally, this is one we are not involved in. Chris Bradfield and the testimonial committee have done a cracking job for Gerry thus far, it just seems that this part has been subject to a bit of early mis-information that got out before it was confirmed. David Lloyd has committeed to resolve it, so I am not sure why some are so content on hounding him on it. We all want what is best for Gerry Gow.

I e-mailed the Hand Stadium yesterday, and got the following reply today:

"Dear Dave

Apologies for the confusion but the Testimonial is no longer taking place at the Hand Stadium. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Kind regards

Lynette Powell

General Manager

Vibe Entertainment (South West) Ltd

Hand Stadium

Davis Lane

Clevedon

North Somerset

BS21 6TG

Telephone: 01275 871600

Website www.handstadium.co.uk"

So, as I said on an earlier post, their website is obviously out of date.

Do you believe David L. now?

This thread should be locked - DL already said that if people wanted to contact him over this they can, even gave details on how to - but people are just looking for a fight over nothing. Seems a small segment of "supporters" are just groping around for anything to bash the club with this season.

No one thinks the BCFC have done things as they should in the past, but we can all see that things are moving forward and changes are coming. This place feels like a school playground far to often... and "I DEMAND ANSWERS" as to why that is :whistle:

Archived