IGNORED

Wilson Must Go

Guest Anduril

Guest Anduril

and this is not just a knee jerk reaction - ask anyone who knows me, I've been saying it for four years, Wilson is probably the nicest manager in England, but is totally ineffective for a number of reasons. He has consistently shown a total inability to pick a team - I reckon he picks the best 11 players we have to start less than 10% of the time. Today, where were the options on the bench? Lita for example.

Why did Woodman play the whole game, when he was totally anonymous. Yes he's a decent player, but WE HAD BETTER PLAYERS NOT IN THE TEAM.

Wilson must go - we need a new manager who CAN pick a team - and to be honest I don't care now if he's not as nice as Wilson - nice wins you nothing but friends in the media ...

Guest Anduril

When Wilson joined us I thought, OK, let's see what he can do ...

Last season in particular revealed he has blind spots with certain players, as Burnell (who had been a good player the season before on and off) got picked game after game (last season) despite being complete rubbish (offf form or whatever).

This season we have no right winger - so he buys Wilkshire, and it takes him 20 games to realise Wilkshire is a centre midfield player, certainly not a right winger. Then he buys Goodfellow for right winger, who hasn't even got a right foot - it's just a stump for standing on!!! although' he's a decent left winger and might make a half decent front man.

We've been scoring nowt all season and he's done nothing to rectify it ... he should have played Roberts up front more ...

The guy has no idea ... please resign or be sacked ...

Only problem will be the cost of sacking him as the board (short sightedly) switched from the 12-month rolling contract to a permanent one ... doh!

Guest BCFC Bu$$man

I think DW is a decent manager and what let us down today was Peacock not playing but Lita should have been on the bench but if we carry on the way were going we will be playing div 1 football next season

Guest trublu

To be honest lads, as a gasheads view you should keep him. Look at his record. Look how close you were this season.

Finished 3rd this year, not bad is it?

Guest BCFC Bu$$man

no he is getting us closer to div 1 and thats a good thing believe me 1 more season and well be up to div 1 without a doubt

Guest Anduril

SO what target would you set him as the board? Obviously it must be up next year or he's out, but what about points/position by Christmas?

Guest trublu
SO what target would you set him as the board? Obviously it must be up next year or he's out, but what about points/position by Christmas?
Have you ever considered that you're Division is Division 2 and that's where you're staying?

Guest eviltaxman
I think DW is a decent manager and what let us down today was Peacock not playing but Lita should have been on the bench but if we carry on the way were going we will be playing div 1 football next season
Totally agree!

I can't see how not having Peacock there was a factor, I think the squad is better off without him and he's off now anyway, too highly paid and no real goal return since early 2004. He's a liability, and his contract is up and he won't be retained.

If you really want to know which player City missed, that is Aaron Brown.

Oh, and England, what exactly do you mean by saying "Nothing wrong with Wilson - it's the lack of quality that the board have backed him with." ?

If a lack of quality is at fault then its Wilson's responsibility for picking them to be signed. The Board only stumped up the cash on Wilson's recommendations, they didn't actually decide themselves to pursue and then buy a player.

Your statement would appear to be ludicrous, but please illuminate me.

Guest Anduril

Our league position has improved in each of the last three seasons ... but the quality of the team has not. Last year's team would have walked this division - it's the lowest quality Div 2 in my memory.

So it is not true to say the team has got better under Wilson ...

Guest bemmyred
I can't see how not having Peacock there was a factor, I think the squad is better off without him and he's off now anyway, too highly paid and no real goal return since early 2004. He's a liability, and his contract is up and he won't be retained.

If you really want to know which player City missed, that is Aaron Brown.

I reluctantly have to agree with you , but the fact that we missed such an enigma of a player so much shows just how average the team really is!!!!!!!!!

After the defeat at Wycombe I wanted him out, and I've not changed my opinion..let him off when Robbo scored the winner gainst the Pool..but no hes gotta go, along with the half of the team, who other clubs buy...dont be smug either..the Pikeys blew promotion, and got relegated the following season.

WE can no longer afford smug players, supporters or board, arrogant fans, or unrealistic expectations...this WILL cost City, and may create problems for next season. Look at the teams around Hull, Bradford, Wednesday, Barnsley, Hartlepool, the Swine, Lu'on, Tranmere, Walsall, Port Vale..it aint going to be easy escaping, especially if we get dumped in the playoffs

Lets not get farking cocky next season...look at the Rivals board if you want the reasons why!!

Guest Spike

We gave Wilson his chances and now it's time for a new manager as much as I hate to say it....

We can't keep missing out every season because it's really starting to proove we are only a second division team

Guest bemmyred
Or to be more accurate, how average the manager has GOT this team playing!!!!!
You are probably right, when you looked at the quality of the squad on paper, you would have expected them to get promotion with something to spare.

Wilsons failure to utilize players to the best of their ability eventually cost us promotion and hopefully his job!!!!!!!!!

fct - now is not the time to have a row but my view is that Wilson had to pick within a very limited budget that the board set - what have they done this season, made a few loans each totalling maybe a million, an absolute fortune to me and most but peanuts to Lansdown and Gooch. The club needs money not just good direction and stability from the board.

Guest NewquayRed

I agree, this club needs to progress, we cannot continue to miss out to teams like Brighton, who have neither the facilities or backing to make the most of the opportunity.

Archived