IGNORED

If The Club Want Us To Survive.......

If the people in the boardroom really want us to survive in the championship then, why don't they ensure that every last home game is packed to the rafters, and the gate is a hostile fortress of noise.

Drop the ticket prices to £15, make it affordable, make it full, make it loud.

If you look at our attendances for the majority of this season, POTD has been virtually zero, in fact since new year I'd say that even season ticket holders are staying away.

We need all the support we can get and at £30 POTD, we sadly won't get it, if the club and powers that be really want US there, then make it happen, if not then please stop spouting shite about how important we are and creating an atmosphere really helps etc..........

Chairman, Directors of the board, do your bit and we shall do ours.

Shit or bust now ! I would even concider £10 and kids go free! What is there to lose ! The seats would be empty anyway!

Big crowds may be the difference ! Perhaps a decent end to to the season may also up ST for next season !

No brainier , come on Colin just do it !

Agreed.

To be honest all the matches (with possible exception of West Ham) from now til end of the season should be 15 quid, 5 for concessions. We need the ground full.

I think I read that forest we're offering tickets for their matches for a tenner.

There are so many options for a day out around bristol, we've got a Bank Holiday match coming up so with the prices above a family of 4 could watch a match for just 40 quid.

Come on City you know it makes sense!

The club will say and rightly so, that they have to protect season ticket holders and make sure they are getting the best deal overall.

Personnally, I'd have no problem with it - but some season ticket holders may?

The club aren't an endless supply of money & have just paid out on 3 loan signings who should hopefully do the job. Aside from this, it was said that Leicester was one of our best atmospheres in a while, despite us only scraping a 12k attendance.

The club will say and rightly so, that they have to protect season ticket holders and make sure they are getting the best deal overall.

again valid point, but even if they only did it for the next couple of home games....the club could counter argument it by saying that season ticket holders are still better off.

I personally would get more enjoyment with a packed out Ashton Gate

The club aren't an endless supply of money & have just paid out on 3 loan signings who should hopefully do the job. Aside from this, it was said that Leicester was one of our best atmospheres in a while, despite us only scraping a 12k attendance.

No but take away season ticket holders, we have about 2,500 pay on the day?? surely 6 or 7,000 at £15 a pay on the day, by the time you take into account ticket revenue and things like programmes, food, drink etc.....surely £15 will be more beneficial?

They will also say that its not cost effective - not many people will just turn up because its £15/£10 instead of £30 because the football has not been entertaining. I think when we did this a few seasons ago about an extra 1000 turned up compared to what would have been the normal expectation.

No but take away season ticket holders, we have about 2,500 pay on the day?? surely 6 or 7,000 at £15 a pay on the day, by the time you take into account ticket revenue and things like programmes, food, drink etc.....surely £15 will be more beneficial?

6 or 7 thousand would be, but that's hugely unrealistic.

Good idea but can't see it making a lot of

Difference ! Was bring a friend for £10 few weeks

Back and attendance was still the same ! I personally asked about 5 city fans including 3 ex season ticket holders no one was interested ! If they did these offers against the big teams it may

Work otherwise can't see it !

If all the people on here who don't attend games

All made a massive effort from now till the end of the season we would prob get close to capacity

! This is no meant as a dig @ anyone as everyones circumstances are different ! But I'm sure all these people who are not gonna renew there season tickets or haven't been going because it has been awful will soon be back when we inevitably turn the corner next season (in the championship) ! !

again valid point, but even if they only did it for the next couple of home games....the club could counter argument it by saying that season ticket holders are still better off.

I personally would get more enjoyment with a packed out Ashton Gate

I also would enjoy a packed ashton gate and would'nt complain - but you can bet your life there would be some that would complain.

I think on avg season ticket holders pay around 12-15 quid a game,

so for the remaining game if they knock 10 quid off all home tickets which will bring it dow to around 17 quid, which wouldn't up set season ticket holders,

with that 17 quid then make it buy one get one for a tenner and make it quid for a kid on saturday games that are left (derby aside)

That should bring the crowd up to 16k+

Like I said on the other thread, larger attendances tend to dilute any positive atmosphere, which to me would be detrimental to our attempts to stay up.

Drop the prices next season for everyone, once survival is ensured.

It depends, people are trying to be more proactive with regards "singing areas" and this could help improve the atmosphere anyway.

Im interested to see what the atmosphere will be like in the Atyeo Saturday

Like I said on the other thread, larger attendances tend to dilute any positive atmosphere, which to me would be detrimental to our attempts to stay up.

I tend to agree re the atmostphere but dropping the prices would send out a really positive message. We're in trouble, we need bums on seats to help 'fight for the cause', come along and bring your family friends etc.

It's been said over the last couple of weeks more than once that the lack of noise from the board is worrying.. this would a least prove they're still alive and thinking about the team & supporters!

I can't see West Ham being anything more than a 15,000 attendance.

I would happily be proven wrong, but I doubt the rest of the home games will attract any more than the usual 12,000.

An email with a cheesy caption, won't persuade floating fans back to The Gate but £15 tickets will.

If west ham need to win to go up they will be everywhere for sure.

I also would enjoy a packed ashton gate and would'nt complain - but you can bet your life there would be some that would complain.

Only a tiny minority would complain I reckon, but you could say it's a good excuse for the club to avoid doing it - I don't know of any STH's who would have a problem with it, so perhaps these moaners could be ignored for once for the greater good.

Don't forget the vast majority of those taking advantage of a cut in prices would be friends and family of STH's so many would be automatically in favour for that reason.

It should certainly be done although I reckon any offer would only increase the gate by a few hundred - City's abject home performances over the majority of the last 3 seasons have severely dented enthusiasm for the club amongst the wider fanbase as well as STH's.

POTD prices need to be permanently addressed from next season, they are far too high across the board, undoubtedly affect attendances, and put off many young fans from getting in to the habit of attending AG regularly.

Only a tiny minority would complain I reckon, but you could say it's a good excuse for the club to avoid doing it - I don't know of any STH's who would have a problem with it, so perhaps these moaners could be ignored for once for the greater good.

Don't forget the vast majority of those taking advantage of a cut in prices would be friends and family of STH's so many would be automatically in favour for that reason.

It should certainly be done although I reckon any offer would only increase the gate by a few hundred - City's abject home performances over the majority of the last 3 seasons have severely dented enthusiasm for the club amongst the wider fanbase as well as STH's.

POTD prices need to be permanently addressed from next season, they are far too high across the board, undoubtedly affect attendances, and put off many young fans from getting in to the habit of attending AG regularly.

Surely our pay on the day is the average prices for this league?

If we stay up....and if we want to compete....they can't beat dropped

• SC&T Board Members

The other place we could do with massive support is, of course, at away games like Nottingham Forest. Anyone who saw the Sunderland vs Everton game on TV last night would have been left in no doubt that the huge, vocal support from Merseyside in the Stadium of Light definitely gave their players a boost.

How about something more ST friendly, bring a friend for free if you have a ST,. Limited to first 5'000

It would be difficult to sit next to the ST holder, granted

Well, at the last home game, the official attendance was 12,078 and there were only 9,300 bums on seats in the stadium . Make of that what you will.

it was a tuesday night for a start, crowds are always lower on a tuesday night

I may be wrong here but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

The football league requires us to have a minimum adult ticket price. That's why it's nearly a tenner to go watch yate town.

If that is the minimum price they are allowed to charge, i dread to think what ours is. It's also quid a kid for the next 2 home games.

Archived