IGNORED

Richard Foster

petehinton

Aberdeen fans told us he was a crock of shit.

Mind you this clubs signings in the last 3 years have proved a total shower of cack, with the exception of just a few i should add.

Points to a total lack of investment, sorry to upset the Steve Lansdown fans

I've watched him several times now, and every single game he has looked well out of his depth. He is nowhere near Championship standard and I think he will probably end up in the hall of fame of worst ever City players along with the likes of Brian Mitchell, Gus Caesar, etc.

+1

Yet another utility player who's utter cr@p.

You do begin to lose it with this Club, why oh why do we never learn? A utility player at our level basically means he can't hold down any position because he's cr@p.

Been saying this about utility players for years, also been saying scrap the Academy and invest in a lower league scouting network/small development squad. Totally hopeless, have we not got any people with football nouse in the backroom of the Club?

Aberdeen fans warned us that he was shit

Some of you thought we were just jealous cause he wanted to play for Rangers (are they not dead yet? :banana: ) When in actual fact we were warning you of his sheer lack of talent. I'm actually surprised it's taken so long for you to find him out!

Hate to say we told you so but........We told you so :whistle2:

I thought he looked decent at left back when we were on a good run of form. Dont think he's been any worse than any other player in the last couple of months, seems quite unfair to single him out. But i guess thats what alot of people on here like to do, instead of all being in it together, just blast individual players..

Hasn't been great, but then I am not sure what people expected, given the price we paid and the lowly league position we were in. I for one was probably expecting a little better, but certainly didn't think for one moment we would have the Dani Alves of the championship!

Admittedly my view can't be taken as completely definitive as I've only watched a few games this season, the last of which being Peterborough away, but I have to admit, I thought he was one of our stronger players that day. From what I've seen and heard from people, he may not be the most talented of players but he puts more effort in than a lot of others and maybe the Scot in him, the sort of player that gets stuck in when we need it, is what we need right now. I certainly wouldn't say he's any worse than our other full backs at all.

As I say though, my view is based on highlights, televised matches, Peterborough away and friends/family's comments to me.

feel a bit sorry for the guy, has been awful last couple of games but was bought as a right back and hardly played a game there looked good the first few games,his positioning at left back is woeful and he seems to have lost his confidence.not alone there though is he!!!lets hope we stop having injuries and people getting sent off and perhaps we might see the best of him.....and maybe a few others!!!

Pittance? - far too much more like

Precisely, 1p is too much to pay for tripe... mind you when i was growing up our dog used to woof it down so everything has a use. Bit of a worry if he is as bad as you all say, he cost a huge £150k and it was Del that brought him in... that is not a good set of facts.

Send him back to Aberdeen in a taxi, with DMC as a free gift!

We don't want him back, thanks :)

We did try to warn you... he's not very good and sometimes he's kinda fast, but not really fast where you would say he has 'blistering pace'.. he's just kinda a bit faster than normal... sometimes. But not all the time and not most of the time. Just a little bit faster and only once in a while.

I think we forgot to mention that he was also considered one of the cancers at the club, when we had a team of players who just didn't give a flying **** about trying for the team that was paying his wages. So he has an attitude problem too, which may or may not manifest itself if or when he decides he's to good for Bristol City.

Ricky Foster... just not all that good, really.

We've plenty other players just like him if you've another couple hundred grand spare.

Have you actually won a game since you signed Tricky Ricky Foster?

'Coincidently' we (Aberdeen) went on a 13 game unbeaten run after he left.

Cheers for the cash. (Rumour has it it was more than the supposed £250k you paid for him).

Cheers for the cash. (Rumour has it it was more than the supposed £250k you paid for him).

Oh no... i feel like being sick into my scots oats.

It's not just foster who's shite, we've got a whole load of other wasters and rejects, equally attributable to our demise, we are a joke!

Precisely, 1p is too much to pay for tripe... mind you when i was growing up our dog used to woof it down so everything has a use. Bit of a worry if he is as bad as you all say, he cost a huge £150k and it was Del that brought him in... that is not a good set of facts.

This is the point we can't be happy paying for rubbish just because it doesn't seem that much on the face of it. £150-250k could get you a promising player from the lower leagues but instead we've got Foster who is rubbish. When you consider his wages are probably around £5k p.w on a 3ish year contract (I can't be bothered to look it all up) he'll cost us:

£5k x 52 x 3 = £780k

Fee - £200k

This means he'll take this club for £1m over the course of his contract before bonuses/appearance fees etc.

He is far from our only poor player but he is indicitave of our attitude towards purchasing players since our second season in the Championship at least probably further back. We buy not very good players for a bit (sometimes alot) of money who will each cost of £1m-£2m across their contracts. There is very rarely any money recieved at the end of their contract and we lose money and play bad football. Transfers at this club have been largely woeful for years now.

I think we need to buy fewer players, scout those we are interested in more detail and use youth players to plug gaps. I don't care if the youth players aren't good enough neither are the majority of senior pros in our squad. If we spend a decent amount of money on a player then they need to have an anticipated sell on value (i.e. be young and improving not middle aged and average).

It will take a complete shake up of the mindset of the club. It might even be worth trying to bring someone in as a director of football type post who has a history of being able to generate value from transfers. If McInnes objects then tell him you'll give him a bit more time to prove he's capable of signing decent players and not wasting the clubs money or he can work with the new man or leave.

Yeah he's awful this Ricky Foster.

We could of got Marlon Pack or O'Kane of Torquay for what we paid for this Foster fella. He seems like another Skuse but worse.

Jack of all trade master of none.

But Foster is a right back, O'Kane and Pack are CM's aren't they?!?

Different positions so can't compare them.

But Foster is a right back, O'Kane and Pack are CM's aren't they?!?

Different positions so can't compare them.

Yeah fair point. Both Pack & O'kane are CM's.

My point was we continue to buy crap for 100-250k when we should be spending that on young hungry talent from lower leagues.

Not a 26 yrd old versatile players from Scotland.

If you want a comparison then Liam Sercombe of Exeter would of been much better punt than this Foster fella who looks awful despite what position he plays.

Yeah fair point. Both Pack & O'kane are CM's.

My point was we continue to buy crap for 100-250k when we should be spending that on young hungry talent from lower leagues.

Not a 26 yrd old versatile players from Scotland.

If you want a comparison then Liam Sercombe of Exeter would of been much better punt than this Foster fella who looks awful despite what position he plays.

Ah well, already happened now!

What's to say Sercombe would of been any better?

Trouble with this guy is I just don't know what his best position is?? Where did he play at Aberdeen?

where didnt he play for us.

he broke through as a winger. hes always had pace but never has santa brought him a brain. hes played a few games as a striker and did pretty gash.

moved to fullback a few years ago when we had a severe shortage of natural fullbacks and he seemed to do okay there.

one game he played centre back against rangers, i believe partnering charlie mulgrew. did very well in there that day. dropped off more like a sweeper, let mulgrew handle anything in the air. anything fed through, he had the beating of everybody in that rangers side with his pace.

played a few games centre mid now and again but jesus, hes awful in there.

100% genuinely believe the only position he never played a competitive game for us was in goal. sad thing is fullback is probably his best position.

play him more advanced and hell score an absolute pearler from 25-35 yards once or twice a season, but thats the most you can hope from him unfortunately.

This is the point we can't be happy paying for rubbish just because it doesn't seem that much on the face of it. £150-250k could get you a promising player from the lower leagues but instead we've got Foster who is rubbish. When you consider his wages are probably around £5k p.w on a 3ish year contract (I can't be bothered to look it all up) he'll cost us:

£5k x 52 x 3 = £780k

Fee - £200k

This means he'll take this club for £1m over the course of his contract before bonuses/appearance fees etc.

He is far from our only poor player but he is indicitave of our attitude towards purchasing players since our second season in the Championship at least probably further back. We buy not very good players for a bit (sometimes alot) of money who will each cost of £1m-£2m across their contracts. There is very rarely any money recieved at the end of their contract and we lose money and play bad football. Transfers at this club have been largely woeful for years now.

I think we need to buy fewer players, scout those we are interested in more detail and use youth players to plug gaps. I don't care if the youth players aren't good enough neither are the majority of senior pros in our squad. If we spend a decent amount of money on a player then they need to have an anticipated sell on value (i.e. be young and improving not middle aged and average).

It will take a complete shake up of the mindset of the club. It might even be worth trying to bring someone in as a director of football type post who has a history of being able to generate value from transfers. If McInnes objects then tell him you'll give him a bit more time to prove he's capable of signing decent players and not wasting the clubs money or he can work with the new man or leave.

Interesting points there KTF.

I recall in the early games many fans were saying Foster was a tidy player. He has gone off the boil pretty fast.

What was the length of his contract?

It is worrysome enough that Del made an apparent bad call here in bringing him to BCFC. What would be more than doublingly worrysome is if he did not realise such an error and not try and move him on asap.

Archived