IGNORED

Players Reaction After Our Goal

freezer

Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere at first glance.

i was astounded at most of our sides reaction - or rather lack of reaction - after Brett scored that great goal.

The crowd went up in the air with elation but the players looked like they couldn't care less. I, and others around me thought after the initial euphoria that the goal had maybe been ruled out for some form of infringement. But no, the goal did stand, and so did Brett, all alone, as none of our players seemed to want to offer him any praise or congratulations.

Eventually, he did get a few players come to him, but unfortunately I think it maybe just goes to prove that a lot of our current squad really don't give a monkey's.

Fair enough, then don't put my teams shirt on and **** off elsewhere. Disgusting state of affairs.

Thankfully, and once again , the fans showed more passion, support and commitment than the players and that is simply not good enough. That is down to the management at the end of the day to sort out and it clearly isn't happening.

I also heard Mr McInnes say on Radio Bristol that the players should be given credit for 'keeping going for the 90 minutes'! Well, whoopy do, thanks for that, but I thought that is what they are paid a pretty good wage to do.

As for one up front, at home, don't get me started. Not sure if Mr McInnes is the real deal either.

My pre-game pint and Clarks Pie was spot on though.

I thought tgat last week. Have a look at the goal we scored at Middlesbrough exactly the same. Only Pearson celebrated with a lad who had scored his first goal for the club. Just shows that there is no team spirit, no togetherness and most of them don't give a flying fig! Can't wait for the clear out to commence.

i was astounded at most of our sides reaction - or rather lack of reaction - after Brett scored that great goal.

The crowd went up in the air with elation but the players looked like they couldn't care less. I, and others around me thought after the initial euphoria that the goal had maybe been ruled out for some form of infringement. But no, the goal did stand, and so did Brett, all alone, as none of our players seemed to want to offer him any praise or congratulations.

Eventually, he did get a few players come to him, but unfortunately I think it maybe just goes to prove that a lot of our current squad really don't give a monkey's.

Fair enough, then don't put my teams shirt on and **** off elsewhere. Disgusting state of affairs.

Thankfully, and once again , the fans showed more passion, support and commitment than the players and that is simply not good enough. That is down to the management at the end of the day to sort out and it clearly isn't happening.

I also heard Mr McInnes say on Radio Bristol that the players should be given credit for 'keeping going for the 90 minutes'! Well, whoopy do, thanks for that, but I thought that is what they are paid a pretty good wage to do.

As for one up front, at home, don't get me started. Not sure if Mr McInnes is the real deal either.

Great post and spot on

Pitman rarely gets players running to him when he scores, it was a very arrogant celebration as if to say this is me this is what I can do. Had to be directed at McInnes for leaving him out (in my view perfectly justified to be dropped)

Also maybe the players knew that 1-1 wasn't much help and we needed to get back to halfway line and go for the winner

Would you start him against Forest?

I'd use him like today, his most effective role. I think maybe Wood should be with Stead if we are going to hoof it like today though

Yeah but boy didn't he bury it sweet as a nut. Every reason to be a bit 'arrogant' in celebration after such a strike.

If it was a Messi scoring a goal like that it would recieve the highest praise. Brett also started the whole thing off with his pass to Adomah and had the good sense to then move into space to recieve the ball and put it between the sticks.

Let's be fair, 3 minutes after coming on and to make the onion bag bulge like that has to of been the highlight of another dour game.

Also the players didn't exactly sprint back to get the game restarted, more of a dejected, head down shuffle.

I thought one of the main reasons for attending at The Gate was for entertainment, Brett delivered that.

Pitman rarely gets players running to him when he scores, it was a very arrogant celebration as if to say this is me this is what I can do. Had to be directed at McInnes for leaving him out (in my view perfectly justified to be dropped)

Also maybe the players knew that 1-1 wasn't much help and we needed to get back to halfway line and go for the winner

I'd use him like today, his most effective role. I think maybe Wood should be with Stead if we are going to hoof it like today though

I'd just like to see two up front. Stead and one of the other two. I can't understand persisting with a 4-5-1 formation that gets us very little in the way of results and leaves Stead isolated.

Speaking of "hoofing it", perhaps direct football will be our only hope of salvation now?

**** celebrating.. they should be grabbing the ball out of the net and running back to the centre circle.. same as brett..

Yes, I noticed the lack of palyers going to celebrate with Pitman - maybe says something about the cliques in the camp. As many went over to Adomah to congratulate him on the cross.

I also though Pitman's own celebration was not just OTT, but also seemed to be more about Pitman than about Bristol City. I know he's worshipped by some on here, but I don't honestly think that he cares any more about Bristol City than most of the rest of them. And agree absolutely with the above - FFS we needed to get on and try to get a winner - not waste time celebrating.

Couldn't agree more.

Archived