IGNORED

Was The Referee A Derby Supporter ?!

Mr Mosquito

A wonder strike by Pitman to score the equalizer but then - just minutes later - Pitman gets a fore arm in the back from a Derby cheat just as the ball was coming toward him. This was a blatant penalty, so why did the referee not give it? The Derby cheat should have been sent off and we should have been given a penalty. The referee was bang out of order on this one.

A wonder strike by Pitman to score the equalizer but then - just minutes later - Pitman gets a fore arm in the back from a Derby cheat just as the ball was coming toward him. This was a blatant penalty, so why did the referee not give it? The Derby cheat should have been sent off and we should have been given a penalty. The referee was bang out of order on this one.

Thought the ref was ok. Shameful and incompetent dive by Pitman, IMO, which I thought he could easily have been booked for. (Thought the hand-ball in the first half should have been given though).

Thought the ref was ok. Shameful and incompetent dive by Pitman, IMO, which I thought he could easily have been booked for. (Thought the hand-ball in the first half should have been given though).

That's not what I saw - he had a fore arm rammed into his back as he was jumping for the ball - no way could he have even known that a Derby cheat was behind him. Definately no dive and definately a penalty right in front of the referee. A poor refereeing decision that could have cost us 3 points.

It was poor, esp the Pitman push which was pretty clear. BUT we're playing with our heads down and feeling too hard done by.

I'd rather that sort of situation fired the players up more, but at the moment we're falling into a 'poor pitiful me' * syndrome

(*great song by warren zevon BTW)

A note for 'ciderdevil' - no need for that reply really is there?

Calculus - from the atyeo, there was a clear push in the back on pitman, who probably made more of it than he should, hence the ref saw the 'dive' not the push

That's not what I saw - he had a fore arm rammed into his back as he was jumping for the ball - no way could he have even known that a Derby cheat was behind him. Definately no dive and definately a penalty right in front of the referee. A poor refereeing decision that could have cost us 3 points.

Aw ok, so it was the refs fault we didn't win yesterday.

Get in the real world. If WE were half decent we would of won yesterday, but we're not....:.not the refs fault.

It was poor, esp the Pitman push which was pretty clear. BUT we're playing with our heads down and feeling too hard done by.

I'd rather that sort of situation fired the players up more, but at the moment we're falling into a 'poor pitiful me' * syndrome

Indeed, we've had a great many refereeing decisions go against us this season that we haven't been able to recover from. I often wonder if some of the people that post on here actually attend our games, the Pitman shove was THE most blatant penalty I've seen this season at Ashton Gate and on Match of the Day etc.

Thought the ref let too much physical stuff go Stead was pulled down in the box, but then Carey did the same in the first half.

It was a penalty I was in line with it in the Williams. Pitman was shaping to overhead kick and was pushed in the back. Lino had a perfect view..

It didn't cost us but just makes you wonder if all the luck we are due in this league was used up in the play off season when everything went our way we don't seem to get any. D'Urso at Portsmouth etc etc..

It didn't cost us but just makes you wonder if all the luck we are due in this league was used up in the play off season when everything went our way we don't seem to get any. D'Urso at Portsmouth etc etc..

During our play-off season we were more of a well organised and attacking side. Maybe it's also a psychological thing with the referee who will favour the better and more attacking side with his decisions?

Calculus - from the atyeo, there was a clear push in the back on pitman, who probably made more of it than he should, hence the ref saw the 'dive' not the push

Well fair enough then if you had a better view - from where I was in the middle of the Dolman it looked like a pantomime dive to me but loads better placed saw it so I'll defer to them. Still thought we weren't nearly good enough to win and over the 90 Derby deserved their draw if not more. Was quite impressed the way they closed down the man in possession quickly and using numbers. We didn't do that all afternoon.

Thought pitman was quite clever, he knew he wouldnt win the ball against te defender and he was coming in behind him, so he jumped a little and the derby player caught him and because he was in the air he went over like the proverbial sack of spuds.

I've seen them given and I've seen them not given, I think if pitman had jumped higher he would have got the pen but didn't get high enough to ensure it wasn't relatively obvious what he was doing.

It probably was a pen but wasn't stone wall for me, can understand why the ref wouldn't give it.

The ref wasnt great but the lino infront of the dolman had a mare first half. He missed 4 blatant offsides and took an age to disallow the nutmeg goal on Deano when the number 7 was clearly 3 yards off. What annoys me is the way they smile and dismiss you when you give em some verbals on the touchline. Its nice to vent frustration at an official cos our team is shit but then when they smile at you frustration turns to rage cos what you thought you were shouting to release the frustration turns into being even more outraged!!!

Im guna give up my official verbal batterings, it only makes the frustration of our shit, gutless team worse!!!

But this is the point about poor refereeing. If it was a dive, Pitman should have been booked.

If this had taken place in the centre circle, the referee would have wasted no time in giving a free kick. Bottler.

During our play-off season we were more of a well organised and attacking side. Maybe it's also a psychological thing with the referee who will favour the better and more attacking side with his decisions?

Your on fire with talking tosh today

Firstly, the ref. In any game of football, not just City, but defenders and goal keepers get protected. That nudge in Pitmans back, if the other way round and a striker did that to a defender, it would be a free kick. However, blame the ref for yesterday? Nah, once again we look to soft and week and got out muscled far to easily. Ref had a decent game.

Secondly, our play off season, we were more attacking?? How so?? I think you have your Rose tinted glasses on. We finished the season with pretty much a zero goal difference and our success was mainly due down to the fact we were so tough to break down. Couple that with the fact no one in the top six really took the bull by the horns.

Blame the ref all you like....I personally blame the people running our club for the piss poor position we find ourselves in

Your on fire with talking tosh today

Firstly, the ref. In any game of football, not just City, but defenders and goal keepers get protected. That nudge in Pitmans back, if the other way round and a striker did that to a defender, it would be a free kick. However, blame the ref for yesterday? Nah, once again we look to soft and week and got out muscled far to easily. Ref had a decent game.

Secondly, our play off season, we were more attacking?? How so?? I think you have your Rose tinted glasses on. We finished the season with pretty much a zero goal difference and our success was mainly due down to the fact we were so tough to break down. Couple that with the fact no one in the top six really took the bull by the horns.

Blame the ref all you like....I personally blame the people running our club for the piss poor position we find ourselves in

During our play-off season we certainly were a more attacking side. Darren Byfield was doing well up front and it was often his goals that would win the game for us. Then - for some unknown reason - Gary Johnson dropped Byfield and we stuttered into a 4th place finish when we could have got automatic promotion. That's how I remember that season.

During our play-off season we certainly were a more attacking side. Darren Byfield was doing well up front and it was often his goals that would win the game for us. Then - for some unknown reason - Gary Johnson dropped Byfield and we stuttered into a 4th place finish when we could have got automatic promotion. That's how I remember that season.

We struggled for goals all season. When January came...we were top, but out limitations were there for all to see.

We should have gone a bought Ebanks Blake from Plymouth, we were top...we would of got him. Instead....we signed Dele.

We never evolved on that season.

Yes that season was obviously better then this one....but we certainly wernt an attacking force

We struggled for goals all season. When January came...we were top, but out limitations were there for all to see.

We should have gone a bought Ebanks Blake from Plymouth, we were top...we would of got him. Instead....we signed Dele.

We never evolved on that season.

Yes that season was obviously better then this one....but we certainly wernt an attacking force

If we weren't an attacking force we would not have been top in January. The great mystery to me is why the hell Gary Johnson dropped Darren Byfield. The Elliott and Byfield signings from Millwall made that genuine promotion challenge of that season.

If we weren't an attacking force we would not have been top in January. The great mystery to me is why the hell Gary Johnson dropped Darren Byfield. The Elliott and Byfield signings from Millwall made that genuine promotion challenge of that season.

We wernt an attacking force. Many a game was won through grit, determination and fight. We never spanked anyone from what I can remember?

We limped over the finish line at the end of the season with something like 2 wins in the last 12.

It was a great season, but again, please don't make out like we were an attacking force.

Did we finish the season +1 or -1 on the goal difference?

Didn't think the ref was bad compared to what weve had. The ref set the standard of what he was giving as a foul early by not giving fouls on what was happening to Stead. So with Pitan are you supprised it wasn't a penalty and tbh I thought he went down easily. Although I thought the hand ball was a penalty to be fair but those don't get given often.

Blaming the ref....we r just terrible!

We are s***e but we've been on the end of some pretty bad decisions this season. Just off the top of my head ince diving to get a free kick when we were in total control against Blackpool, the handball against boro, then the dive that got them the free kick in the 90th minute, the handball yesterday, the assault on Albert against Coventry.

We wernt an attacking force. Many a game was won through grit, determination and fight. We never spanked anyone from what I can remember?

We limped over the finish line at the end of the season with something like 2 wins in the last 12.

It was a great season, but again, please don't make out like we were an attacking force.

Did we finish the season +1 or -1 on the goal difference?

Up until Gary Johnson stopped playing Darren Byfield up front we were going well, the dip in winning form coincided with Gary Johnson dropping Darren Byfield from the team. I suppose I'll never know why Darren Byfield was dropped but Byfield together with Elliott were definately an attacking force to be reckoned with in that play-off season. They were two very astute and smart signings by the Johnson regime.

Archived