IGNORED

Burnley Relegation Party

BS3_RED

So........ Who's going and shall we make it a theme day?

As the players could not give two sh1ts i dont see the point in us going up there to fight for survival i.e Sheff Utd in 99 because it wont happen, so lets have a relegation party.

Who's up for it.

I log on here and all I see is a bunch of quitters moaning about our team day in day out, if it so painful to support City go find another Club, what about Arsenal,Man U, Chelsea, or Man City? I am sure you can fast track some results with that lot, but we are Bristol City and we are a football club that has a long tradition, we may not be the best or the worst but we are a 'proper' Club, and if we get relegated we will still be Bristol City and I can never give up , and neither can you.

Oh **** off !!

We have every right to moan,gripe,whinge or whatever. We pay good money to be served dross,bullshit and whatever else this club decides to rubbish us with

and if you dont feel the same then I suggest you go support Man U , Liverpool etc, be an armchair fan that dont have anything to complain about !

I log on here and all I see is a bunch of quitters moaning about our team day in day out, if it so painful to support City go find another Club, what about Arsenal,Man U, Chelsea, or Man City? I am sure you can fast track some results with that lot, but we are Bristol City and we are a football club that has a long tradition, we may not be the best or the worst but we are a 'proper' Club, and if we get relegated we will still be Bristol City and I can never give up , and neither can you.

You don't need to log on here to find quitters, pal. There were a whole bunch of them on the pitch yesterday.

If I don't give up will it make any difference? No. I suggest you wake up and realise that your enthusiasm is moribund in our 'fight' for survival.

I've not been particularly negative before yesterday but now I give up. If the players don't try what is the use?

I certainly do not blame the manager though. He's working with dross. Yes, some are his signings but due to our constraints and league position they would not have been his ideal signings.

Yeah that tradition seems to be underachieving and over expecting.

I don't quite get the point of your post. None of the fans in this thread are saying they won't support us if we go down, nobody is saying they want another club, we're just trying to enjoy what may (and probably will) be our last game in Championship for at least one season, possibly two, possibly ten. If the players aren't putting the effort in and we don't have performances to enjoy then we can at least arrange something amongst the BRISTOL CITY FANS (the ones that are willing to go to away games despite the dross we have to put up with) and enjoy the football still.

I reckon your support for the club as a whole is more questionable considering you seem more supportive of the players than the fans that will be here our whole lives. Some people need to spend less time moaning about our fans and more time waking up and smelling the shit-smelling coffee that we have to drink every Saturday at 3pm.

You don't have to log on to see quitters, just turn up at Ashton gate next Monday..

You don't need to log on here to find quitters, pal. There were a whole bunch of them on the pitch yesterday.

If I don't give up will it make any difference? No. I suggest you wake up and realise that your enthusiasm is moribund in our 'fight' for survival.

I've not been particularly negative before yesterday but now I give up. If the players don't try what is the use?

I certainly do not blame the manager though. He's working with dross. Yes, some are his signings but due to our constraints and league position they would not have been his ideal signings.

A very interesting point. SL's proper cheque book is well hidden away, and I can't see it coming out anytime soon. His other (petty cash) cheque book that he keeps on the table to sanction signings like Foster and the cheaper loan players is still in play.

SL had a chance in January to sanction maybe 2 million quid for del to spend on 2 or 3 quality players (not 8 players @£250,000 each!) that would have given us a very good chance of staying up. He knows that a lot of players will be leaving that will free up some cash, so why didn't he spend some in advance. If we get relegated I fear it's going to cost a hell of a lot more than say 2 million.

SL is a very brave man if he's taken the gamble that we will stay up with the players we have, or maybe he really has had enough of it all?

As the guy said the quitters are in front of you every Saturday!

Yes it is painful to be a City fan and that is because so many feel so deeply for the club and the team!

I'm not sure anyone will give up in the long-term, however unless there is a complete turn around on (and off) the field we are odds on to go down. So maybe maknig your feelings about quitters known at the club would serve more purpose as many on here have and try to do on here!

As the guy said the quitters are in front of you every Saturday!

Yes it is painful to be a City fan and that is because so many feel so deeply for the club and the team!

I'm not sure anyone will give up in the long-term, however unless there is a complete turn around on (and off) the field we are odds on to go down. So maybe maknig your feelings about quitters known at the club would serve more purpose as many on here have and try to do on here!

The quitters are the fans behind them!!!

Even when we weren't in the relegation zone the fans were saying we are down!

What confidence does that give the players? We always believe my a*s!

Stock no brainer reply 'Gas' etc etc, who's whining? Not me I am saying that supporting this club is a birth right, not like some like you who only want to support the team when we are winning, sometimes I wonder if all you doom mongers should remove your 'support' for the sake of the club.

You are a dick arnt you.

I am supporting the club as I AM GOING TO BURNLEY you MORON.

So........ Who's going and shall we make it a theme day?

As the players could not give two sh1ts i dont see the point in us going up there to fight for survival i.e Sheff Utd in 99 because it wont happen, so lets have a relegation party.

you son, are a clown

Stock no brainer reply 'Gas' etc etc, who's whining? Not me I am saying that supporting this club is a birth right, not like some like you who only want to support the team when we are winning, sometimes I wonder if all you doom mongers should remove your 'support' for the sake of the club.

After watching this club for near to 50 years, I've had plenty of time to realise our periods of success are very few and far between. If we only supported success, there would be hardly anyone watching now, with our mostly piss poor record in our 115 year history.

What really sticks in my throat is I have never before had the misfortune to watch such a pathetic, gutless, spineless bunch of losers pulling on the shirts of my beloved club.

I'll be renewing my season ticket next season, comforted in the knowledge that the parasitic leeches that are bleeding our club dry will be off our backs at last and we can thankfully get back to being proud of our club again, win lose or draw.

CTID

My support for the club has never been in question, however I admit I wish at times I wasn't born in S. Bristol how life would be happier if I was born in Salford? But that is my lot, I feel it so bad when we lose, and even when we were rock bottom of the old 4th after a 7-0 thrashing by Northampton, the climb back was thrilling, but we are a real football club, and that is what being a City fan is all about, beating Arsenal 1-0 Man U 3-0 Leeds and Liverpool and the rest. As a kid I used to search through the old newspaper match reports in the central library, believe me all this has happened before, what goes down must come up, it's all about being a City fan.

That's not what I'm trying to say. You seem to suggest that because we're p!ssed off with the current situation and want to enjoy the final game of the season as much as we can, even though there's a strong possibility that we will go down, that we're quitters and that we won't support the club. Not one person in this threat has said 'Lets have a party and Burnley and never support the club again'. People in this forum read far too much into things. I'm sorry I wasn't about when we dropped through all the divisions and cannot compete with your experiences as a fan, but I've been going to matches with my family since I was four, been a season ticket holder for close to half my life and only stopped being so because of uni. I haven't seen us drop all the divisions and rise up through them, but I consider myself a true and passionate fan, and just because I think the majority of the current squad are spineless and I want to have a drunken party at Burnley to make lessen the heartache of going down to League One, I wouldn't class myself as a quitter.

Well you know as well as I do it would be hard to find a more cynical bunch of supporters than down the Gate, been like that since I can remember, that's why some on here try and drum up some positive support by getting a section of the stand actually supporting by singing.

You've been around long enough to know that AG is extremely mild towards it's players these days. God knows what an old AG would have made of the players this season.

It's just so painful being a city fan at the moment. Fed up of seeing the away fans going home happy from Ashton gate all the time. Every 10 seasons, we have 2 good ones! I guess that's just life of being a city fan.

You've been around long enough to know that AG is extremely mild towards it's players these days. God knows what an old AG would have made of the players this season.

I for one would have been straight round the fukcin bike sheds and smashed up their wheels....Barstewards..!! :dancer2:

Bleedin' right, they've got off really lightly this season. I'll never slag off the team during a match, but I'm thinking seriously about going up to Burnley, just so I can make my feelings known at the final whistle, as I'm pretty sure everyone else who is there will.

We've been let down badly by this shower, who with the exception of maybe two or three players, have clearly shown they couldn't give a flying fc*k about this club or its supporters.

They need showing how we feel about that, when the time is right.

Players are temporary, but I agree we seem to have assembled a team lacking passion, but then the blame must be at the feet of the manager, it his job to rally the troops, but we did have a good motivator in Gary Johnson, certainly one of the best that managed City post war, but I guess the City fans more than anything else got him the sack, I doubt very much we would be in this situation now if we had not chopped and changed so much.

If GJ had still been here, we'd have already had a full season in League 1 by now. Do you really believe he was going to turn things round at the end of his tenure? Sure he was let down by the players, who I think were the main reason for his sacking, but that could also have been partly self inflicted by one hand grenade too many.

He didn't exactly set the world alight at Peterborough or Northampton, did he?

He did a great job for us while it lasted, but his time was clearly up well long before he actually went.

I dont know how long you have had this club in your veins, but going by this post you are certainly hooked, same as me and my son, and i for one will always follow this club through thick and thin, tis what being a supporter means...ie TO SUPPORT, no matter what !,

Players are temporary, but I agree we seem to have assembled a team lacking passion, but then the blame must be at the feet of the manager, it his job to rally the troops, but we did have a good motivator in Gary Johnson, certainly one of the best that managed City post war, but I guess the City fans more than anything else got him the sack, I doubt very much we would be in this situation now if we had not chopped and changed so much.

Gary Johnson had a couple of good seasons, but he brought in to many journey men all on high money. Should have been sacked earlier, and Millen should have gone with him.

Then the Copout disaster, no one wants our dross players all on fantastic money and s!!! money

It's a hard road, I know, but we have actually won more matches than we have lost in our history, although it seems not the case at the moment, but you have my total respect Brizzle Red and I hope you will have a good end to this season, before it starts all over again in August.

I admire your humility TMR, but my feelings are, we reap what we sow and I think as fans we have been far too patient at BCFC and have made a nice cosy evironment for wasters and freeloaders to come to this club and take us for mugs.

I'm not advocating us chasing the dream of European football or anything like that, but I think we give our players far too easy a ride. It really gets my back up to walk past the line of top line cars behind the Atyeo, then witness week after week of abject performances from our so called stars who are made for life financially. Our fans are then naive enough to applaud them off after yet another gutless performance we had to witness on Saturday

How does that square with City legends like Tom Ritchie who then had to take a job as a postman to pay the bills. He like the rest of his team mates wasn't paid enough to never work again, but that team always went out and gave 100%.

I just can't connect with the present day mercenary footballers who are here today and gone tomorrow. I'll still follow BCFC because it will always be my club, but I'm just sad to see how far we've gone backwards in some ways, even compared with the Division 4 days under Terry Cooper.

Archived