IGNORED

Burnley Relegation Party

BS3_RED

you son, are a clown

Read it properly my friend. I am stating that we cant expect the players to fight for our survival cos they dont give a crap about the club. I am not saying that about the fans.

I am an old barsteward at 63 but have a mentality of a 21 year old, born in St Annes and 'educated' at Brislington School, honoured to have watched and talked to Big John, never forget Drink up thee Cider at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup, nearly died with pride when we beat Leeds away when Leeds were 'unbeatable' add to that stuffing Man U 3-0 at their place, Liverpool league and cup, and a few more.

Never forgot that we were playing, even in the Forces in the Middle East, if I cant' be there I always seem to get a radio to pop and wheeze some sort of commentry, I find an 4 foot steel tube placed over the van's aerial can pull in Radio Bristol almost anywhere if I point the van West!! :)

There is no cure mate, respect to you and yours.

Thank you and ditto to the respect...take care

It is a world of difference to-day, but look at the Prem players they give 100% they cannot hide, although I think players should enjoy a good wage it has got vulgar. But thereby lies the problem, clubs like us can't compete with a support of 12k or so, and therefore we are already punching above our weight when you look at the average attendances in the Championship, however we are addressing that problem with all our efforts and money to be put to a new 30k stadium that will adorn the lower leagues.

I agree with a lot that you say there, but my problem isn't so much with the quality of player we have, it's the effort they put in.

I do have issue with the fact we have players who are deemed to be worth up to maybe £10,000 per week, who train almost every day and are still incapable of basic kicking with their weaker foot, which to me shows a lack of professionalism and determination to work on their weaker points. In the end though, lack of talent can be excused but in my book, lack of effort can't.

The biggest problem for me though is the lack of passion we are witnessing, game after game at the Gate this season. I really though by this point we would be seeing the players rolling up their sleeves and battling for their lives. That mentality has been pretty much non existent and to my mind, that is inexcusable, given our perilous position. I can't forgive the current crop of players for seeming to be feebly relinquishing our hard won Championship status, though there have been several in the team who have appeared to care enough to make some effort, though are definitely in the minority.

Archived