IGNORED

The Gas Relegation Party For City

dafarms

Surely nobody is surprised by this, and if we were safe and they were in the drop zone with half a dozen games to go we would be giving them plenty.

There are some who claim Cardiff are our rivals these days and the Gas are insignificant. Whilst the latter may be true, for me, they are and always will be our rivals. I dont come across too many Cardiff fans on a daily basis at work (plenty of Gas to have a banter with) and I dont find myself wandering around Asda seeing someone in a Cardiff shirt to make me curse them under my breath (even if a Gas shirt is better to see in Bristol than a Man U one etc.)

Perhaps these people havent had the benefit of seeing us play them in a league match as its been a while but the feeling that takes over my whole being for days leading up to a game against them - even in that poxy Micky Mouse trophy a few years back(!) - cannot be beaten. The last attendance when we played Cardiff was less than vs Derby. If we ever play the Gas in the league again it will be a sell out.

Anyhow let's hope our gutless wonders can get their fingers out their arses over the next few weeks and the blue few can go royally **** themselves!

Surely nobody is surprised by this, and if we were safe and they were in the drop zone with half a dozen games to go we would be giving them plenty.

There are some who claim Cardiff are our rivals these days and the Gas are insignificant. Whilst the latter may be true, for me, they are and always will be our rivals. I dont come across too many Cardiff fans on a daily basis at work (plenty of Gas to have a banter with) and I dont find myself wandering around Asda seeing someone in a Cardiff shirt to make me curse them under my breath (even if a Gas shirt is better to see in Bristol than a Man U one etc.)

Perhaps these people havent had the benefit of seeing us play them in a league match as its been a while but the feeling that takes over my whole being for days leading up to a game against them - even in that poxy Micky Mouse trophy a few years back(!) - cannot be beaten. The last attendance when we played Cardiff was less than vs Derby. If we ever play the Gas in the league again it will be a sell out.

Anyhow let's hope our gutless wonders can get their fingers out their arses over the next few weeks and the blue few can go royally **** themselves!

SPOT ON , As a Gashead sure i'm going to enjoy your struggle just as i would expect you lot to do the same (as you did last season) it doesnt matter if one team is in the prem and the other in blue Sq south i'd still want the worst for you lot and would totally expect the same from a red if the gas are doing badly , its what Bristol football is all about always has been always will be and anyone on the blue side that says they aint bothered about City or any of you guys that claim to not consider rovers rivals anymore have lost the plot!!

Football is an ever changing cycle back in 1982 City could have gone forever yet you came back to finish top 6 in the championship and nearly reach the prem , back in the 90's rovers finished 6th in the now Championship , there will always be ups and downs and there will always be massive rivalry thats why there is Threads on here about the gas and threads on Rovers forum about City ... WE BOTH LOVE TO HATE THE OTHER! long may it continue and hopefully if we can get sorted it wont be too long till we have a season like 1990 again with both teams battling out at the top of a league together (with the same outcome :mf_sleep: )

Hopefully see u in a season or 2 !!

Come on the COV!!! :gasmask::yahoo:

I am not so sure, they had a good blip when he first went there but they have hardly been setting the division alight over the last few weeks.

They had a honeymoon preriod the same as us. They have average players and mid table for them is about right.

They had a honeymoon preriod the same as us. They have average players and mid table for them is about right.

Honeymoon period has lasted well!! 3 defeats in 16 games , if Mciness's had been like that i think youd be safe by now!

What the Gas seem to be forgetting is their 'best' players are loans who will be away at the end of the season. McGhee will have to completely rebuild with very little money. IMO if McGhee achieves top ten next season that would be a great achievement for the wee blues.

What the Gas seem to be forgetting is their 'best' players are loans who will be away at the end of the season. McGhee will have to completely rebuild with very little money. IMO if McGhee achieves top ten next season that would be a great achievement for the wee blues.

3 regular loaness in the 1st team , if you reds go down it will be a total re build and Lansdowns hardly splashing the cash lately is he? , will be interesting pre season at both clubs your right though We at the gas will have plenty of changes to make AGAIN and it's anyones guess as to how next season will go for both Bristol Clubs

Been a fair few draws in there though.

Granted.... but 27 points gained... how many points have city picked up in the last 16? 10!

Its all over this season for us , hence even more interest in you lot..

hope im wrong but i still think you will be ok ... JUST!

Well all the crap you lot gave to that poor lot before Christmas has come back to haunt us, id you can't take it don't give it. I see the obsessive behaviour of some on here and I am glad I don't live and work in Bristol any more, fact is a successful Rovers normally follows that we do well also...but hey don't worry about that just be content that Bristol will always be left behind as a City that deserves top flight football because of petty rivalries.

Some of you should get out more and see beyond Holloway, Eastville, 'The Mem' and all the other in-bred reasons to hate :bored:

Nah, they're good enough!

It's always been the case that they are more interested in us failing than them succeeding. We're sh*t at the moment and we still get bigger attendances, formed before us and years of football in the same division and we've still got the bigger fan base. This annoys the **** out of them.

To be honest the Gas are the last thing on my mind at the moment. I dont give a flying duck about them or their fans. They can take the p*ss all they want- no problem with that - they had plenty on here last season- but at the end of the day their views mean nothing to me. We got 2 cup finals coming up this weekend and i for one will be getting right behind the team. We aint down yet and remember we are due a bit of a run/ some good luck/ a penalty etc etc. Lets get right behind the lads for the full 90 minutes in both games like we did against Leicester - WE CAN STILL F*CKING DO IT

I feel one of them ManUre type banners coming on!

Statistics are funny things arent they?

322,963,200 seconds

5,382,720 minutes

89,712 hours

534 weeks

10 years, 2 months, 26 days

......since City last beat Rovers.

Now this isnt intended as a wind up and if you want to make a banner with some ridiculous statistic go for it.

But both stats, yours and mine say one thing to me - we dont play each other enough.

God I miss derbys.

Good luck with your run in. It aint over yet and I have better things to do than party on your misery.

BS7

Archived