IGNORED

Game Of Thrones Series Two

Monkeh

I found it boring tbh. Probably because its well over 6 months since I saw the final episode of series 1, and I was trying desperately to fire my synapses into remembering who the characters were or why I should care about any of them(which i don't as none are particularly likeable).

I'd agree most characters aren't all that likeable, but I think that's meant to be the point.

I can't think of a single (good) tv series where the viewer didn't at least feel a semblance of empathy towards the protagonists- even Sopranos managed to elicit sympathy for Tony( although not Antony jr!!) a hardened, murdering criminal, yet GoT has nothing.

After the death of Sean Beans character in the first series, arguably the only one remotely likeable and certainly of a high morale compass, the writers seem incapable of forming believable(considering the context) characters that the viewer can relate to or particularly care about.

At the moment, I would fail to raise an eyebrow if the main cast were to be swallowed alive by the dragon repopulation.

Who knows? By episode three that may have become my most fervent wish.

Tyrion Lannister is about the only half likable character, the rest are a pretty ruthless and shiftly bunch of thugs who don't exactly endear the viewer to them but despite that the series is decidedly watchable.

Knowing/remembering who is who is a complex matter and its not a programme to watch after a few fizzers.

Is that the "short" person RR? If so then yes, I agree, he is fairly amusing.

Ironically, in a massively budgeted US production, he is the only American main cast member, but forced to put on a british accent. Apparently, American execs decided a British accent is more believable for the viewer than an American accent, same as Spartacus and Rome

Is that the "short" person RR? If so then yes, I agree, he is fairly amusing.

Ironically, in a massively budgeted US production, he is the only American main cast member, but forced to put on a british accent. Apparently, American execs decided a British accent is more believable for the viewer than an American accent, same as Spartacus and Rome

Yeh, he's the 'small guy' Peter Drinklage in real life.

I enjoyed it!!... ive been reading the books and from what ive read so far i think is designed to stop people from seing one side as the good guys...personally i empathise the most with tyrion(short guy), daenaerys(the horse queen)and jon snow(the guy at the wall) also arya(the young daughter of sean bean) i think is gunna be one to watch over the coming series...but im impressed with how in line it is with the books...even using much of the same dialogue...so i think the reason we are not able to connect with an of the characters too much is because were not supposed to yet :)

Ok, I'm a big fan of the "Sword of Ice and fire" series of books that GoT is based on (in fact I bought Book 5 this week) and would echo earlier thoughts that the characters are a shade of grey rather than good and evil. That alone is rather rare in the Fantasy genre.

The actors are mostly British because George R R Martin (book author) sees Westeros as close to Medieval Europe. GRRM has been involved all the way including scriptwriting and casting so the series remains close to the books.

Characters I like are Arya Stark, Bran Stark and Samwell but these are from the books more than the series.

Stick with the show as if the books are anything to go by there are plenty of twists left.

Most supermarkets have the books quite cheap if anyone is interested.

I just finished the most recent book and the TV show does a great job of bringing the universe to life. In terms of plot advances, not a lot happens in the book this series is based on so it will be interesting to see how they try and keep the pace of the show up. I think the casting is excellent except for Stannis who was portrayed as a brutal, hardened warrior but looks more like my uncle.. The key to this series of books is that there is a huge grey area between what is good and what is bad. In the series now, you're supposed to dislike Jaime Lannister but by the time i'd finished the last book, he was my favourite character.

If the series seems a bit slow now, I suggest you keep watching because i'm sure it will speed up soon enough.. I imagine the ending will be particularly good with Tyrion playing a very large role!

Refusing to watch it!

But you should like, Tyrion, Bronn, Arya, Davos, Bran, Jon (a bit more) an certainly some of the Nightswatch men during the course of this book. If you don't they've changed it too much from the book. And Dany, Belwas and Arstan too. I like Jaqen H'ghar...

Refusing to watch it!

But you should like, Tyrion, Bronn, Arya, Davos, Bran, Jon (a bit more) an certainly some of the Nightswatch men during the course of this book. If you don't they've changed it too much from the book. And Dany, Belwas and Arstan too. I like Jaqen H'ghar...

You shouldn't refuse mate its doing the books justice to be honest

Archived