IGNORED

Food Prices At The Gate

biggythecity

Those that fill up at service stations pay over the odds as they are a captive audience :surrender: , as fans are at AG;

Simple solution fill up outside AG and off m/ways :banana:

City have enough of my money. I never buy food in the ground. Clarks pasty on the way into the ground just before 15-00 for £1.50 proper bargin. I dread to think what we try and charge in the ground.

Well it makes petrol look cheap!

I can never understand this need to eat and drink and eat some more ... how long is a football match? 3 days? Lunch break at work finishes about 2pm then its work until 5pm and home for some food ... what is the obsession with having to stuff one's face with cr+p food every 45 minutes? Oh I forgot - we are the obesity capital of the western world outside of the US.

City should years ago have invested in doubling the size of their food outlets, brought in franchised brands or done it themselves with much lower prices. They should also follow partially down the FGR route and stuff those 'vans' full of healthy options such as fresh fruit juices, manageable snack bite energy bars and salads and decent granulated low carb bread for sandwiches and burger buns. They should be taking the 'lead' on it... you watch their sales rise and rise and profits too. I could sort that out for them and make a ROI within 2 years.

They should also follow partially down the FGR route and stuff those 'vans' full of healthy options such as fresh fruit juices, manageable snack bite energy bars and salads and decent granulated low carb bread for sandwiches and burger buns. They should be taking the 'lead' on it... you watch their sales rise and rise and profits too. I could sort that out for them and make a ROI within 2 years.

No - good quality pies, burgers, sausage rolls and a hot cup of Bovril is all we want at the football, if indeed we want anything at all.

This is England and It's freezing down there most of the season - snack bite energy bars, fruit juice and salad at AG are frankly a disgusting thought and totally inappropriate.

Why should football clubs 'take the lead' on anything?

No - good quality pies, burgers, sausage rolls and a hot cup of Bovril is all we want at the football, if indeed we want anything at all.

This is England and It's freezing down there most of the season - snack bite energy bars, fruit juice and salad at AG are frankly a disgusting thought and totally inappropriate.

I think they should take the lead on things related to football in their community. They should also be prominent in promoting health and in particular participation in sport in general. Too many football clubs don't do enough.

With regard to food, Ashton Gate is just rubbish.

I remember going to Elland Road at Euro 96 for a game and in their stand there were noodle bars, burger bars, Fish and Chips, pizza, curry stands - the works. All looked local as opposed to national or international brands, all competing against each other. Healthy competition. On the leaflet that arrived this morning about renewing my season ticket, there were 3 separate food brands mentioned. I hope they are in reality not the same organisation attempting to give the mirage of choice but actually 3 competing outlets. If they are, it might actually be worth buying food at the gate.

Similarly, with beer the fare on offer (up to now) is indicative of what the club thinks of its fans - overcharge the plebs for something sub-standard. Now that they're worried we might be disappearing, maybe they'll make more of an effort. I don't mind paying £3.50 for a decent pint. It's paying £3.50 for watered down p8ss that gets my goat. Sometimes the prospect of a half time pint can be the only positive thought you can have watching most of our first half performances.

In answer to your question... perhaps because the business model, in all but a miniscule number, is failing?

A balanced offering would be better, i am not saying abandon the foods you mention above... just provide a healthy option. None of those you mention are unless you are burning calories at the rate of a couple of 10k runs per week.

True Hav,but you can save the bad food in the freezer.

The fresh stuff has to be tossed after the game.

That equals a massive loss and 50kgs of lettuce in Winterstoke Rd.

OJ, Healthy Granola Bars, Wholemeal Bread all last plenty of time in cool storage. Salad agreed does not unless its in a sealed vacuum pack in which case it will last.. excess stock can be moved to a high street sister vendor... if a branded seller was brought in. Be a lot better in a new stadium of course when the place is being used everyday. Its a challenge alright but it can be done. The other option is to stuff a carrot, apple and banana down your pants of course which is what I usually do!!

I occasionally pay over the odds for a burger in the ground. I don't mind paying a little but more as I am in the ground and seems to be the same with what ever event you go to. To be fair, the quality of the burgers are much better than west ham, southampton and reading this season

In answer to your question... perhaps because the business model, in all but a miniscule number, is failing?

A balanced offering would be better, i am not saying abandon the foods you mention above... just provide a healthy option. None of those you mention are unless you are burning calories at the rate of a couple of 10k runs per week.

I run every week and do over 30 miles a week thanks. So I and albert (see other post) will eat what we like!

I can never understand this need to eat and drink and eat some more ... how long is a football match? 3 days? Lunch break at work finishes about 2pm then its work until 5pm and home for some food ... what is the obsession with having to stuff one's face with cr+p food every 45 minutes? Oh I forgot - we are the obesity capital of the western world outside of the US.

You ain't wrong there - same as when you go to the cinema. I can't understand why everyone has to stuff their faces for the duration of the film.

You ain't wrong there - same as when you go to the cinema. I can't understand why everyone has to stuff their faces for the duration of the film.

45%, i think was the last published figure; officially obese in the UK. Second only to the USA unless you also count a few of the Pacific Islanders but a few of them live on a mountainous rock with few opportunities to keep fit unless they climb the only mountain each week. Pretty shocking statistic.

The food at AG has for as long as I can remember been of questionable quality and vastly overpriced. I haven't bought anything from an outlet for literally years because of it. I'm sure that if the prices were more acceptable they would sell more but nothing has changed. I complained directly to the caterers once and got told that the the prices were the same as other stadiums.

Nowadays if I want something to eat I buy a pastie or pie from the Clarke's van at 1.50p before the game. Exellent value and quality which is something sadly missing inside AG.

Archived