IGNORED

What I Was Told Tonight

ciderup

Now bear with me as I have no reason to believe or disbelieve this....

According to a massive City fan (sponsors games etc etc), administration is coming IF we go down.

As Steve Lansdown is no longer, officially, anything to do with BCFC (the club) apart from as a benefactor (although his company own the stadium), putting the CLUB into admin pending relegation would massively cut his debt / loans.

Starting on -10 in league 1 shouldn't be an issue but SL would essentially owe money to himself if this happened and the CLUB would be debt free afterwards.

Enter the 'WHITE KNIGHT' again to save the day and £24M has dissapeared. The stadium isn't affected as it's a separate company.

It makes a perverse sense the way it was described TBH but surely not? Even SL isn't that clever is he?

As I said, it's probably utter bull but I can see the logic in this IF SL is no longer anything to do with the CLUB officially rather than the stadium holding company.

Wass reckon?

BTW, Del will keep his job if we go down according to the same bloke but lose it if we stay up, to be replaced by Mick McCarthy.

Now even I think it's bull after reading it but it's a discussion which isn't about how many Cov fans will be in the Dolman!

Cut his losses and run...mmmm nah I can't see it. We will go down and hopefully by the time he kicks ass at the idiots stopping the stadium we will be League 1 Champions. Playing our first game will be in the Championship once more with a better, leaner squad worthy of the Bristol City badge

Personally I would not discount it either? Basic financial facts are that unless SL is prepared to carry on "bank rolling" the business then figures will simply not add up?????

In all fairness to SL there must come a time when he thinks "Enough is enough and do I really need all this hassle" - Especially when he already has two hundred and eighty million big ones to spend on his pipe and slippers when he retires!!!!

so hang on...if I am reading this right..... SL would wipe out his own debt to the club only to then come back in with a fresh amount of money to start bank rolling everything again? This prompts a couple of questions for me.

1. Why wouldn't he just write off the existing debt and then invest some more money (something he always said he didnt want to do)
  2. Why would we need to go into administration for this to happen.

In all but name he owns this club, he can decide not to owe himself money or not, maybe there are better financial minds out there that could see a benefit to this (tax maybe?) but I am struggling. The DM MM stuff is complete bollocks

According to a massive City fan (sponsors games etc etc), administration is coming IF we go down.

As Steve Lansdown is no longer, officially, anything to do with BCFC (the club) apart from as a benefactor (although his company own the stadium), putting the CLUB into admin pending relegation would massively cut his debt / loans.

Starting on -10 in league 1 shouldn't be an issue but SL would essentially owe money to himself if this happened and the CLUB would be debt free afterwards.

Enter the 'WHITE KNIGHT' again to save the day and £24M has dissapeared. The stadium isn't affected as it's a separate company.

It makes a perverse sense the way it was described TBH but surely not? Even SL isn't that clever is he?

As I said, it's probably utter bull but I can see the logic in this IF SL is no longer anything to do with the CLUB officially rather than the stadium holding company.

Wass reckon?

BTW, Del will keep his job if we go down according to the same bloke but lose it if we stay up, to be replaced by Mick McCarthy.

Now even I think it's bull after reading it but it's a discussion which isn't about how many Cov fans will be in the Dolman!

Complete and utter shite ( The whole post )

Get a grip guys - this makes no sense whatsoever!

The majority of debt BCFC has is to SL.

May be there would be some kind of tax advantage from writing off a bad debt, I doubt it, but in any case there is no way 10 points would be forgone.

Wass reckon?

Do i know the person who told you this Tim? Pm me or text. Cant see SL doing that and the club start on minus 10. Never mate

City to go into administration with an owner who loves this club and is worth over 500M? Seriously... have a day off.

If we get relegated we will lose the big earners and will lower wages. Del will be here if we stay up, if we go down I am not too sure but I hope he is. I would be interested to see what he can achieve with more new players and a whole summer.

Just look at the OP and his track record

'nuff said.

Pardon??

I never said any of it was true, just what I was told. Wether the person got it from a rumours site, I haven't a scooby.

Apologies if people think I was scaremongering as I wasn't. Just repeating a conversation.

As for 10 minutes of rough's comments about my 'track record', please expand.

Archived