IGNORED

Great 3 Points, But.........

We were so lucky to get 3 points today, before the penalty we hadn't had a single shot on goal.

We won today because we kept a clean sheet and battled for every ball, BUT we need to create more chances to survive, we won't be presented with penalty gifts like that every game.

Well done today, more of the same on Monday, bit with mote chances created.

COYR.

In fairness we also scored a perfectly good on-side goal as well.

i'm sure everybody is happy with the result and the 3 points, but i'm also sure DMC will know that we will not only need a different approach but a better performance to cash in on todays result, with our remaining games a win against Cov is a must.

I don't give a Donald duck about whether we had one shot on target or Gerken was brilliant, we won and at the business end of the season that's all that matters, full stop.

You can "anal ise" as much as you like, all I care about is MY club in this division next season end of

I don't give a Donald duck about whether we had one shot on target or Gerken was brilliant, we won and at the business end of the season that's all that matters, full stop.

You can "anal ise" as much as you like, all I care about is MY club in this division next season end of

Yes we all only care about "our" club being in this division next season, to do that though we will need to create more chances than a couple of shots per game!

Not really "anal ising", it's pretty ******* obvious really!

Moreover, how the heck is a stonewall penalty lucky?.. can someone explain? Robbered or Wolf perhaps?

The penalty was fine but you only need watch the game to know we were very lucky to come away with any points let alone 3.

Long ball after long ball by us, even when there was no pressure on us to make a pass, really poor linking up, barely saw more than 4 passes stringed together and even the disallowed goal only came because it was so late in the game and Forest were throwing everyone forward.

If the game was a total flip and we'd been Forest and they'd been us I can guarantee the posts would be "We totally outplayed them, they were just hoofing the ball, we created everything and we should have won" and rightfully so.

People shouldn't get so far ahead of themselves on one flimsy win, sure it's great to grab 3 points but what good is that if we don't win a single game from here out which wouldn't surprise me after our showing yesterday. We may not be in the bottom 3 right now but I sure as hell won't be surprised if we are in 3 games time.

The penalty was fine but you only need watch the game to know we were very lucky to come away with any points let alone 3.

Long ball after long ball by us, even when there was no pressure on us to make a pass, really poor linking up, barely saw more than 4 passes stringed together and even the disallowed goal only came because it was so late in the game and Forest were throwing everyone forward.

If the game was a total flip and we'd been Forest and they'd been us I can guarantee the posts would be "We totally outplayed them, they were just hoofing the ball, we created everything and we should have won" and rightfully so.

People shouldn't get so far ahead of themselves on one flimsy win, sure it's great to grab 3 points but what good is that if we don't win a single game from here out which wouldn't surprise me after our showing yesterday. We may not be in the bottom 3 right now but I sure as hell won't be surprised if we are in 3 games time.

This is 100% correct.

Great post.

We've lacked luck all season. We got some and won. Don't moan like a bitch please.

So you think we should all say "yay, we're going to survive because we can't play football but luck is on our side now!"

Bottom line is our luck has been amazing this season, Portsmouth going into admin keeps us out of the relegation zone for example, the numerous times we've lost or drawn only for our relegation zone rivals to also stumble and mess up keeping us in it. We can't act like this is our first bit of luck, we've pretty much had a love child with luck so far and we can't rely on it forever!

Ahahaha literally the most ridiculous result. Its on days like today when you see 11 players giving everything for the cause and battling til the last kick that you remember just why you love this club..bring on monday..

Couldn't agree more. We have to be positive tomorrow though and it will be interesting to see what team he picks, a win tomorrow will be huge!

If the game was a total flip and we'd been Forest and they'd been us I can guarantee the posts would be "We totally outplayed them, they were just hoofing the ball, we created everything and we should have won" and rightfully so

No, I think most level headed supporters would credit the opposition for soaking up the pressure without ever really looking like conceding and when we did get through their keeper was more than a match for the strikers. Our defence was better than their attack, and our attack was good enough to get the better of their defence. we deserved to win on that basis

It's not "lucky" that our defence had a good game, that makes no sense. when our players do well, they deserve to win.

So we scored with our first shot on target,before that florist had only had two on target,Gerkin made two good saves and about three routine saves.1-0 is all that matters,**** performances results are all that matter now.

We earned that clean sheet. Gerken, Carey and Amougou were magnificent, and whenever the ball threatened the 18 yard box there was a swarm of yellow back to help. Luck only gets you so far, we fought and battled for 90 minutes.

Archived