IGNORED

Great 3 Points, But.........

We were so lucky to get 3 points today, before the penalty we hadn't had a single shot on goal.

We won today because we kept a clean sheet and battled for every ball, BUT we need to create more chances to survive, we won't be presented with penalty gifts like that every game.

Well done today, more of the same on Monday, bit with mote chances created.

COYR.

I feel so angry that I can't go on Monday, I'm so jealous, I really don't miss many big games, I just pray that we can get 3 points and make Brum & West Ham still important games.

Let the team down wolfy! Don't worry mate, I'm sure they will perform for you..

We were so lucky to get 3 points today, before the penalty we hadn't had a single shot on goal.

We won today because we kept a clean sheet and battled for every ball, BUT we need to create more chances to survive, we won't be presented with penalty gifts like that every game.

Well done today, more of the same on Monday, bit with mote chances created.

Spot on. City got that bit of good fortune tonight thats been missing recently. Carey was lucky to avoid a yellow within the first few mins which would have put him under pressure for the rest of the game.The penalty was about the only threat that City created all game and Wood was fortunate to score. The Woolford disalowed goal was a tad harsh but the only second goal chance all game.

It was City's defence that won todays game.

Spot on. City got that bit of good fortune tonight thats been missing recently. Carey was lucky to avoid a yellow within the first few mins which would have put him under pressure for the rest of the game.The penalty was about the only threat that City created all game and Wood was fortunate to score. The Woolford disalowed goal was a tad harsh but the only second goal chance all game.

I was loving that, that Majewski player scored a hat-trick the previous game, so it was great that Louis stamped his authority on him early on. It was even better that the ref did nothing about it :-)

I don't see where we got lucky. It's not lucky if our keeper has to make one great save and several routine saves in ninety minutes.

Disallowed goal was not a tad harsh, he was at least one yard onside. Get a grip man

It was set up to shut the front door and creep around the back, thats what happened;

You will find we go more for the steamroll them into the middle of next week approach on Monday :banana:

Concerned both teams will think a point on Monday is not so bad.

Still think we need to win - and a draw is much better for them than us.

Yeh, as an away side, a point would be good for them - whereas we got two nasty games against Brum and West 'Am coming up !!

Well Havana, it was a miss hit cross that the keeper flapped at, it was a mistake by their keeper that led to the foul on Stead, until then it was our first raid forward, the penalty was stonewall but came from a mistake, mistakes are generally lucky for one team or unlucky for another, depending which team you support.

The defending was great (McAllister apart), the effort was also fantastic but even the most naive supporter would probably have to address the fact that we created pretty much nothing, which has been a big, big problem most of the season, hence our position as joint lowest scorers in all 4 leagues.

If anyone thinks that we will survive by having 2 shots on goal per game then they are deluded, it's great that we won and I am extremely happy, 3 points is fantastic but let's have some equilibrium in our overall situation.

I thought we approached the game the only way we could - keep it tight and hope to nick one.

Forest have been scoring for fun, had more pace, and creative players than us. We are getting tough to beat away, and yes, are grinding out results. Its making the best of a bad job.

We are also struggling to win at home, which is a worry, and for what it is worth, I think we may just fall a little short. We are at least giving ourselves a chance.

I say that our defence today won the game today simply because City barely threatened the Forest goal all game. It took a goalkeeping mistake to give away the penalty that won the game.

The same lack of goal threat against Cov on Monday will mean a draw or at worse a defeat. Pitman has to start. McInnes has to be more positive at home.

Well Havana, it was a miss hit cross that the keeper flapped at, it was a mistake by their keeper that led to the foul on Stead, until then it was our first raid forward, the penalty was stonewall but came from a mistake, mistakes are generally lucky for one team or unlucky for another, depending which team you support.

The defending was great (McAllister apart), the effort was also fantastic but even the most naive supporter would probably have to address the fact that we created pretty much nothing, which has been a big, big problem most of the season, hence our position as joint lowest scorers in all 4 leagues.

If anyone thinks that we will survive by having 2 shots on goal per game then they are deluded, it's great that we won and I am extremely happy, 3 points is fantastic but let's have some equilibrium in our overall situation.

Excuse the last blank reply...I blame a combination of poor train reception and too much beer on way back from the city ground.

My point is that why can't we just celebrate the 3 points for what they are- why does there gave to be a but???

If an away team at the gate did what we did today we would have been talking about players putting themselves on the line, clever tactics, taking opportunities etc etc.

Why does there always have to ve an under current of negativity? We need some positive belief and optimism.

Is that too much to expect?

I dont think we were lucky, we played our game well, both teams have a game plan given to them and whoever executes that plan better, given it is the right one in the first place has the best chance, and about the shoots comparison, its quality not quantity and weve had a perfectly good goal ruled offside, and it was a definite penalty so where is the luck

Excuse the last blank reply...I blame a combination of poor train reception and too much beer on way back from the city ground.

My point is that why can't we just celebrate the 3 points for what they are- why does there gave to be a but???

If an away team at the gate did what we did today we would have been talking about players putting themselves on the line, clever tactics, taking opportunities etc etc.

Why does there always have to ve an under current of negativity? We need some positive belief and optimism.

Is that too much to expect?

i'm sure everybody is happy with the result and the 3 points, but i'm also sure DMC will know that we will not only need a different approach but a better performance to cash in on todays result, with our remaining games a win against Cov is a must.

I say that our defence today won the game today simply because City barely threatened the Forest goal all game. It took a goalkeeping mistake to give away the penalty that won the game.

The same lack of goal threat against Cov on Monday will mean a draw or at worse a defeat. Pitman has to start. McInnes has to be more positive at home.

Agreed. Dean Greken did make some good saves and did keep us in the game at times today, but, would you believe it, our defence plan actually worked today. We had every man and his dog behind the ball for set pieces (And didn't I have a small gripe at not leaving a man forward for corners not so long ago?) and in open play despite a few dodgy clerances here and there we continued to maintain a defensive stronghold. I also said when watching the game if we hadn't had any luck this season we certainly had it tonight. Let's face it, we shouldn't have had a clean shee tand with only 2 chances on goal, one a penalty, the other a perfectly good goal disallowed, we shouldn't have won either - But we did because we kept everyone behind the ball.

Very good result for yourselves today.

All I can say is well done. Was lucky, but you make your own luck.

We were unlucky today. P'boro scored a cracking goal and a scruffy goal. We hit the woodwork a few times. Beat us on monday and you are halfway there. If it is a draw then I fancy our chances. 7 games undefeated for us now.

Would say good luck on monday, but I wouldn't mean it so I won't

Archived