IGNORED

Pitman

steve39

Pitman was rightly sent off and needed to stay on his feet more, but he was the only player on the field who got into positions (on many occasions) to lay it off to others on the edge of Coventry's box and had the players whom he laid the ball off to had their shooting boots on the score could and should have been different.

I sincerely hope that fans some of whom consider Balotelli to be a little tinker don't come on here slagging Pitman off.

I don't think he'd have featured that much against Birmingham or West Ham - I suspect we'll pack the midfield and play 1 up front and Pitman's not really the guy you'd go for to lead the line.

If we need a goal against Barnsley he might be a big loss and we now really need Stead and Wood not to pick up injuries but I'm hopeful today's result means we can weather the storm...

I don't think he'd have featured that much against Birmingham or West Ham - I suspect we'll pack the midfield and play 1 up front and Pitman's not really the guy you'd go for to lead the line.

If we need a goal against Barnsley he might be a big loss and we now really need Stead and Wood not to pick up injuries but I'm hopeful today's result means we can weather the storm...

I thought he did OK today, he chased back and got in a few decent challenges, he is very clever at laying the ball off in dangerous positions for others and his link up play was good, he didn't shoot from all over the place like he usually does, but needs to stay on his feet more and not making excuses but I suspect his challenge owed a bit to the slippery surface.

Anyone have a decent view of the challenge? It looked harsh from the Dolman, but I didn't have the best veiw.

Seen it on the Internet, slid in on his arse and he took the Cov player out with his studs just below the knee. Defo red card, he didn't do it with real intent it was just a nasty challenge.

Thought he was quite poor all game, his touch certainly deserted him. Two pathetic dives one of which deserved a booking...

Silly silly challenge as well that he didn't really need to make but there we go, he's the messiah...

Hope it doesn't cost us.

Great result! COYR.

No St Nicky was the messiah before he morphed into Judas.

Wow fair enough, gotta say I didn't have a great view from the Dolman and it seemed harsh at the time, but from the posts on here it sounds stonewall. It's a shame he will be out for a few games now but I would imagine we would be looking to play one up top against both Brum and WHU. As well as that I guess Wood's coming into form at the perfect time..

Can't blame him, got caught ahead of steam and everyone was fighting for the ball and he wanted it back and was unlucky to catch the lad Clarke and he's been given his marching orders, he was good today at linking play up and he had one shot in the first half which he should of done better, shame he misses rest of the season as he would of probably be used against Barnsley.

Can't blame him, got caught ahead of steam and everyone was fighting for the ball and he wanted it back and was unlucky to catch the lad Clarke and he's been given his marching orders, he was good today at linking play up and he had one shot in the first half which he should of done better, shame he misses rest of the season as he would of probably be used against Barnsley.

He'll be back for the Burnley game, and he likes to score against his old manager Howe... Script is written Brett...

I'm a big Pitman fan but he was poor today. Good players affect games however it turns out. He couldn't.

I suggest if you get a chance watch the game again and you'll change your mind, he was never a goal threat today but his link up play was good and on at least 3 occasions he set up others on the edge of the box, he wasn't great but far better than Albert and Pearson for a start and on a par with Stead.

I suggest if you get a chance watch the game again and you'll change your mind, he was never a goal threat today but his link up play was good and on at least 3 occasions he set up others on the edge of the box, he wasn't great but far better than Albert and Pearson for a start and on a par with Stead.

Wish I could agree but Wood affected the game 100% more in the short time he was on than Brett did.

Happened right in front of me in the Williams. As soon as Brett made the challenge I feared the worst and the ref (Who I thought considering the conditions had a good game) went straight for his bottom pocket and his red card. Not a lot of protests from Pitman and after the Cov player had received treatment he walked towards us with their physio and his sock had clearly been "shredded".

Sorry but I cannot see us even thinking about appealing this one.

Above says 3 match ban, my understanding is its only 1 match unless its for violent conduct. It was a bad foul, but I wouldn't call it violent!

Sorry getting a bit confused with red card business,automatically jumped to the conclusion it was a 3 match ban,who decides how many games he will miss.

Sorry getting a bit confused with red card business,automatically jumped to the conclusion it was a 3 match ban,who decides how many games he will miss.

it's three, only a one game ban if it's a professional foul (last man etc) or a second booking.

This one was for either serious foul play or violent conduct I'd say.

Archived