IGNORED

Pitman

steve39

I think its down to what the ref puts in his report, whether its "violent conduct" or not. However Im not an expert, so will wait and see

It's violent conduct - why else would the ref pull out a red card?

As Jordan says - red cards for denying a goalscoring chance and 2 yellows are the only times it's a one match ban

Yes I think we can survive without him, Wood and Stead seem in good form at the moment, hopefully Wood getting 2 in 2 will see a little purple patch for him. Wouldn't be supprised to play 451 vs both Brum and West Ham. Only Barnsley i think we will line up to have a real go at.

Didnt contribute?! Really?! He whipped in the corner for the first goal, he set up Bolasie for his goal and whipped in another corner for the disallowed goal.

If thats not contributing then I hope he continues 'not contributing' when we play Burnley.

His workrate was better than it has been in a while and if I could pick anybody for a chance to fall to- its him every time.

Stonewall sending off mind you...

It's violent conduct - why else would the ref pull out a red card?

It isn't violent conduct, it would be serious foul play. Violent conduct is off the ball.

I only saw it from the Dolman but initially I thought he won the ball and the opponent went over his legs. The replay will be interesting.

Wish I could agree but Wood affected the game 100% more in the short time he was on than Brett did.

Pitman's corner led to our first goal and he played Bolasie in for our second.

It isn't violent conduct, it would be serious foul play. Violent conduct is off the ball.

I only saw it from the Dolman but initially I thought he won the ball and the opponent went over his legs. The replay will be interesting

Similar thing in my eyes - point is though, its a 3 match ban either way

We won't miss Pitman because he doesn't contribute anything to the game. He's OK as a sub, as he will sometimes come on and score but really he isn't a team player. Derek doesn't seem one bit worried that Pitman is out - I wonder why.

Try watching the game next time you go, he contributed more than the whole of our combined piss poor midfield did in this and the Forest game combined, 2 assists, the second was sublime to set Bolaisie up, 2 shots on target and 3 further assists that if Skuse, Killkenny or Stead had caught them properly could easily have resulted in goals, what game were you watching?.

He wasn't great but he played as well as most and far better than some including the once venerated Albert.

Pitman's not the sharpest knife in the box. There was no need to make that type of challenge where & when he did. Was reckless.

No doubt he's a very good finisher but it all round game outside of this is not great. His general attitude/body langauge is appalling at times.

It's clear to me Del doesnt fancy him. Pitmans an expensive asset sitting on the bench. I fully expect a 800k switch to someone like Derby or Burnley in the summer.

I am not Bretts biggest fan, but... I thought he had a pretty good game. Worked ALOT harder than previous games he has started, and was involved in three of the five goals we scored. Not to meantion he own shots on target, and the three he teed up for other players.

Not sure he would have been involved in the next two, so will be fresh for the final game of the season (hopefully we will be safe by then).

It was for Serious Foul Play, so it'll be three games.

He's not generally a nasty piece of work and had no reason to try to take out the player, but I'm thinking the conditions probably made him skid in, in what was an ill-timed challenge.

Still a red though.

Similar thing in my eyes - point is though, its a 3 match ban either way

Personally I would view violent conduct far more seriously and I am sure managers and club disciplinary policies do as well. Serious foul play is using excessive force and endangering the opponent when trying to win the ball, the other is attacking someone off the ball e.g. stamping, punching, elbowing in the face, headbutting.

Think Balotelli on Song. Terrible challenge, worthy of a red.

Thought about it and not even in the same league. It was a red though.

I was a bit disappointed with Pitman yesterday and didn't think he had a great game but the more I think about it I think he did better than I gave him credit for. As others have said he whipped in the corner for the first goal and with his back to goal shielded the ball from two defenders before picking out Bolasie in space, a pass very few of our players would have made! His touch let him down at times and he struggled to get the ball in dangerous places but we weren't creating much for him in fairness and he had one or two decent efforts. Not his best game but maybe not as bad as I initially thought.

I think we have a bit of cover in Hulk Hogan, he looked lively yesterday when he came on and I think I'm right in saying he assissted our 3rd.

Also Pitman had an unprductive first half (but I was in the ateyo so view was limited) but he had a coupleof chances with the ball at his feet in the 2nd half in their box and I think that's where he's most dangerous, fox in the box if you will.

With the ball at his feet he's mustard and a real asset. I think a major influence in people's opinion is both his running style and lack of pace, and also that he appears to play better at home.

Apart from the red I think he contributed yesterday to a passionate 2nd half team performance.

I would add that even though Pitman played Bolasie in, the kid still had plenty to do and it wasn't as though it was put on a plate for him. I would also add i noticed he stood there doing his Cantona impression once again, as opposed to running to celebrate Bolasie's first goal for the club, as if his pass was Beckhamesque!!!

I would add that even though Pitman played Bolasie in, the kid still had plenty to do and it wasn't as though it was put on a plate for him. I would also add i noticed he stood there doing his Cantona impression once again, as opposed to running to celebrate Bolasie's first goal for the club, as if his pass was Beckhamesque!!!

Just a question who was the last MIDFIELDER at our club who actually supplied more in one game than Pitman (a striker did yesterday)?, Pitman set up 6 scoring opportunities and we scored from 3 of them, i'm not saying he played well I am just calling for balance, Adomah has been pooh for months, Woolford has been pooh since he arrived, Pearson has been pooh recently, Killkenny had his only good game since november, Skuse is only just beginning to play how we know that he can and when any combination of Cisse, Marvin, Skuse and Killkenny have played together for most of this season we have created little or nothing.

Just a question who was the last MIDFIELDER at our club who actually supplied more in one game than Pitman (a striker did yesterday)?, Pitman set up 6 scoring opportunities and we scored from 3 of them, i'm not saying he played well I am just calling for balance, Adomah has been pooh for months, Woolford has been pooh since he arrived, Pearson has been pooh recently, Killkenny had his only good game since november, Skuse is only just beginning to play how we know that he can and when any combination of Cisse, Marvin, Skuse and Killkenny have played together for most of this season we have created little or nothing.

I actually think alot of what he does is good, but alot of it is quite often absolutely atrocious, but why not make an effort to congratulate young Yannick on his first ever goal and such an important one rather than look for the acclaim himself?

Personally I thought pitman was poor yesterday.

Of course he found space, he always does.

But he was very sloppy and slow on the ball yesterday IMO.

Its a shame he's out for 3 games - he's had no luck this season at all. Think he'll be really motivated for the Burnley game tho - after the frustration of sitting out 3 games.

Personally I thought pitman was poor yesterday.

Of course he found space, he always does.

But he was very sloppy and slow on the ball yesterday IMO.

Its a shame he's out for 3 games - he's had no luck this season at all. Think he'll be really motivated for the Burnley game tho - after the frustration of sitting out 3 games.

All I can say Riaz is if 6 assists, 3 resulting in goals (ok 1 ruled out) and the other 3 resulting in 3 reasonable chances (which were not taken) and 2 shots on target (Killkenny and Skuse had 4 between them and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo) it sort of makes the rest of the side especially attacking wise look awful IMO of course.

I actually think alot of what he does is good, but alot of it is quite often absolutely atrocious, but why not make an effort to congratulate young Yannick on his first ever goal and such an important one rather than look for the acclaim himself?

I can't answer that, but what I do find strange is that a genuine piece of skill in setting up Bolaisie is almost rubbished, then a lucky rebound from Hogan for Woods goal is hailed as if it was as a great piece of skill. i'm just calling for a little balance, one thing is inescapable with the woeful/embarrassing delivery all game from Albert, Pearson, Mcgivern and Foster and the total non creativity of Skuse and Killkenny (yes they played well in other areas) the result would almost certainly have been different had he not played.

Archived