IGNORED

Mcgivern, Kilkenny And Foster

Volta

Thats not true. He was too slow with his delivery today and on more than one occasion he was behind Foster and never ran beyond him . I like Albert but I cant defend his performance today , not good enough I'm afraid and a throw back to the sort of performance Ivan Sproule used to give.

No player gave him a realistic option - they don't look for space in good positions - there is little movement.

Don't get me wrong - Albert has been poor - but his team mates need to help him out.

We also give him the ball to early

Albert was poor today but as others have said hes given the ball and expected to perform miracles, a few times he had the ball and there was so much space in front of him, foster should have been in the their likewise with Albert feeding off foster.

I am not as technically as gifted as some of you guys at reading a game but why doesnt albert recieve the ball in front of him in space, surely this makes more sense

I seem to be in a minority of one in thinking that Kilkenny was decidedly average then?

Too often when breaking and a quick ball was needed, kilbeckenbauer, decided that it was time to stop the ball, pause to survey his subjects, direct meaningless arm gestures to all and sundry, to then pass backwards and sideways, negating any momentum that we may have garnered by moving the ball quicker.

Was he better than previous games? Undoubtedly yes.

Is he the mid to long term answer? Definitely not.

Unfortunately, previous managers have seen fit to so pack our midfield squad full of defensive midfielders, that sadly, a very average championship player is deemed the new messiah just because he dares, and not with particular success, to occassionally pass the ball in a forward direction.

Kilkenny is one of our few players we've got who does not treat the ball like a hot potatoe and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

We need more players like him - other teams seem to be full of players who are comfortable on the ball. Unlike us

I seem to be in a minority of one in thinking that Kilkenny was decidedly average then?

Too often when breaking and a quick ball was needed, kilbeckenbauer, decided that it was time to stop the ball, pause to survey his subjects, direct meaningless arm gestures to all and sundry, to then pass backwards and sideways, negating any momentum that we may have garnered by moving the ball quicker.

Was he better than previous games? Undoubtedly yes.

Is he the mid to long term answer? Definitely not.

Unfortunately, previous managers have seen fit to so pack our midfield squad full of defensive midfielders, that sadly, a very average championship player is deemed the new messiah just because he dares, and not with particular success, to occassionally pass the ball in a forward direction.

I'll go back to what Alex Ferguson always said about Paul Scholes, players in that position cannot play the killer or forward pass every time, in those situations the important thing is to retain posssession until the right moment arrives. What a lot of fans fail to realise is that what looks like the obvious pass from the stands doesn't look that way at pitch level, there was one incidence today where people were screaming at him to give the ball to Pitman who from where I was standing looked clearly offside. As long as he plays further forward and as today, runs into spaces I will be happy with him.

No player gave him a realistic option - they don't look for space in good positions - there is little movement.

Don't get me wrong - Albert has been poor - but his team mates need to help him out.

We also give him the ball to early

That's a joke , yes ?

If he made a run down the line now and then , I might agree , but he seems to have lost cofidence and always drops in to get the ball to feet. Notice how many times Foster got in front of him today and he seemed reluctant to get beyond him.

Albert's a good player , dont get me wrong , but something is wrong with him at the moment , confidence or fitness ??

Agree with Riaz and Port Said, it was nice to have a bit more of the ball today as our midfield is usually pretty non-existant. Our build up play is tediously slow too often, and we tend to go backwards a lot, but keeping the ball is key and in the second half at least we did that far better today. I don't think Kilkenny is much of a playmaker, and I'm no fan of his, but he did alright today. Definitely one of his better performances. Even Andre managed to find a red jersey more often than not today. I think he's made a good impact since coming in, but prior to today his passing has left a lot to be desired.

Kilkenny - Seriously, I think due to the game being live in Oz, he was better. Maybe all our games could be live if he could play like that!!! So much less pointing and shouting as I've seen in the past...

McGivern - Not baad defensively, at least got the byline a few times, but crossing was woeful. Few good tackles mind...

Foster - Again, not bad defensively, but how long on the ball and how many punts?!

Cider.

I'll go back to what Alex Ferguson always said about Paul Scholes, players in that position cannot play the killer or forward pass every time, in those situations the important thing is to retain posssession until the right moment arrives. What a lot of fans fail to realise is that what looks like the obvious pass from the stands doesn't look that way at pitch level, there was one incidence today where people were screaming at him to give the ball to Pitman who from where I was standing looked clearly offside. As long as he plays further forward and as today, runs into spaces I will be happy with him.

Fair comments PSR, but, with respect Kilkenny isn't Paul Scholes- he doesn't tackle like Scholes, he doesn't track back like Scholes and he doesn't get forward into goal scoring positions like Scholes.

Im not disparaging what he did today, he had a reasonable game, but in my eyes, he is more of a slight upgrade on Johnson, than the midfield playmaker that HE thinks he is, and what the majority of us have been crying out for since Noble left.

That's a joke , yes ?

If he made a run down the line now and then , I might agree , but he seems to have lost cofidence and always drops in to get the ball to feet. Notice how many times Foster got in front of him today and he seemed reluctant to get beyond him.

Albert's a good player , dont get me wrong , but something is wrong with him at the moment , confidence or fitness ??

I totally agree Albert should make more runs. But as soon as we get the ball, the players look for him. Would be good to see the play develop a bit and give him the ball in the final third instead of his own half.

Anyway - Bolasie should start with Albert coming on for the last ten minutes when the game opens up....

I totally agree Albert should make more runs. But as soon as we get the ball, the players look for him. Would be good to see the play develop a bit and give him the ball in the final third instead of his own half.

Anyway - Bolasie should start with Albert coming on for the last ten minutes when the game opens up....

When Scott Murray played for us , he was always the main out ball. Difference being , Scotty used to get moving down the line, Albert has the pace to do this , and as many have said before , it might be worth getting Scott on the training ground to teach Albert the basics of wing play.

When Scott Murray played for us , he was always the main out ball. Difference being , Scotty used to get moving down the line, Albert has the pace to do this , and as many have said before , it might be worth getting Scott on the training ground to teach Albert the basics of wing play.

Maybe. But Murray was a League 1 player. Albert could be a Premier league prospect.

Justr saying like.

Maybe. But Murray was a League 1 player. Albert could be a Premier league prospect.

Justr saying like.

You make a good point regarding Murray, as for Albert in the prem , not so sure based on the last 4 months. But here's hoping.

I thought McGivern did well today given he didn't really have an overlapping outlet on the left. Pearson, perhaps on instructions was playing very narrow. McGivern used the space well and yes the crossing could have been better but he was a big improvement on McAllister. I think Amougou has given the defence solidity and he is a positive influence in that he is a much needed voice on the pitch and organises those around him and never shirks responsibility. Skuse has made a difference coming back into midfield and credit to Kilkenny for a very good performance today which meant we weren't returning the ball to the opposition so readily as we were against Forest. Great Easter weekend and real commitment from the squad so it's a bit out of place to be negative about anyone. Another five points out of the last 12 should see us okay.

Fair comments PSR, but, with respect Kilkenny isn't Paul Scholes- he doesn't tackle like Scholes, he doesn't track back like Scholes and he doesn't get forward into goal scoring positions like Scholes.

Im not disparaging what he did today, he had a reasonable game, but in my eyes, he is more of a slight upgrade on Johnson, than the midfield playmaker that HE thinks he is, and what the majority of us have been crying out for since Noble left.

I am glad he doesn't tackle like Scholes we have had enough sendings off lately! I wasn't suggestion he is Paul Scholes and I get what you are saying, my point was that he did the right thing in passing backwards to retain possession rather than trying the "showstopping pass" when it wasn't realistically on. I agree about your comments comparing him with LJ, but then I was a fan of LJ's. If NK was signed as his replacement (water carrier) then he isn't as good at that role, but I would expect him to play more like today in a more forward role he is the better player.

Archived