IGNORED

Mcgivern, Kilkenny And Foster

Volta

These 3 have rightly copped a lot of shit this season, but today all 3 were superb.....

McGivern had his best game in a city shirt, had the RM in his pocket and and looked solid all game, even if his distribution is a bit iffy.

Kilkenny ran the midfield when we had the ball, didn't play a bad ball all game and was a class act for me.

Foster again looked solid and was not out of position once.....covered Amougou well, again his distribution wasn't great.

A big improvement from all 3 players.....

Kilkenny was an absolute dream today. Though McGivern had a good 1st, but 2nd he dropped off a bit. I wouldnt go as far to say Foster was brilliant but he did a job, passing was poor and didnt appreciate him lumping the ball straight back to Cov in injury time at 2-1.

Thought McGivern played really well, didnt think he really put a foot wrong, one or two passes a stray but you could say the same for everyone.

Defensively sound.

Foster was decent, but distribution was a little dodgey, Kilkenny definitely one of his better games.

He's a class act, the only Player we have who does the simple things.

Keeps the ball without any panic.

I wouldn't call Kilkenny a 'class act'. Far from it in fact.

Granted he was good today but in previous games he's been far to slow on the ball, slowing the tempo allowing the opposition time to get back. Today he moved the ball far quicker and his influence on the game was greater because of it. Maybe McInnes has been on to him.

These 3 have rightly copped a lot of shit this season, but today all 3 were superb.....

McGivern had his best game in a city shirt, had the RM in his pocket and and looked solid all game, even if his distribution is a bit iffy.

Kilkenny ran the midfield when we had the ball, didn't play a bad ball all game and was a class act for me.

Foster again looked solid and was not out of position once.....covered Amougou well, again his distribution wasn't great.

A big improvement from all 3 players.....

Not sure what game you were watching? McGivern was shocking. The other two did well though.

Though McGivern and Foster were awful tbh honest, wayward passing, aimless hoofs, out of position. Only Do or Die Tackling seems to have marked them out as being brilliant

Foster's pace makes him an asset at getting back and accros but his passing is awfull. In all fairness the Aberdeen fans told us that when he signed.

Have to agree, McGivern was doing Pearson's job aswell down the left getting forward and crossing it, shame no-one could attack the crosses.

Without a doubt McGivern's best game in a city shirt but I doubt he'll have much free reign against Burke on Saturday.

Kilkenny was really good today. But foster!!!! We're we watching the same game? We play foster watch; how many times does be give it away. I counted 8 today.

Funny, most people concentrate on getting behind the team rather than singling out players for a scapegoat. Did you count how many times Albert gave the ball away or lost the ball? No, thought not, but there again neither did I. Foster wasn't beat once around the back, covered well across the back four and got up and down the wing supporting the attack. Still what ever floats your boat.

I thought Mcgivern was excellent and Foster was solid defensively. Kilkenny was also very good but I think that was because Skuse was doing his running and tackiling for him, was worried when i saw that central midfield partnership but they both rose to the occassion and combined well.

Funny, most people concentrate on getting behind the team rather than singling out players for a scapegoat. Did you count how many times Albert gave the ball away or lost the ball? No, thought not, but there again neither did I. Foster wasn't beat once around the back, covered well across the back four and got up and down the wing supporting the attack. Still what ever floats your boat.

Well said. Adomah was very poor today. Cant help but think he must be injured or unwell. Half the player he was earlier in the season. You are right, Foster was doing the job of 2 men. And, as for fans getting on his back as soon as he collects the ball, does my head in. We should all be in this together. Leave the guy alone. He's being played in all sorts of positions and derserves some credit.

Albert has become predictable.

BUT

We give him the ball and then players run away from him and he needs to produce the perfect ball instead of giving him other options.

When a player has one option he is easier to defend against.

Foster gives the ball away a lot, but he wasn't too bad today. McGivern is definitely the lesser of two evils when you consider that McCalister exists, but it's been a problem position for us for far too long and one that needs to be addressed properly in the summer. Kilkenny was improved, possibly partly down to Skuse's performance, but fair play to the fella, he picked up a few loose balls and didn't give it away much.

I will definitely second the OP. Kilkenny played very well alongside Skuse, in fact I would go as far as to say I'd like to see a Skuse Kilkenny partnership more often. Foster also looked much better than usual. As more McGivern I never really thought he was that bad in the first place, he seems to play well when the rest of the team play well.

Albert has become predictable.

BUT

We give him the ball and then players run away from him and he needs to produce the perfect ball instead of giving him other options.

When a player has one option he is easier to defend against.

Thats not true. He was too slow with his delivery today and on more than one occasion he was behind Foster and never ran beyond him . I like Albert but I cant defend his performance today , not good enough I'm afraid and a throw back to the sort of performance Ivan Sproule used to give.

Foster is a superb defender, but when he's on the ball, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I've always said Kilkenny is decent, not a world beater, and maybe not the man to create things, but as a squad player next season we could do verymuch worse.

McGivern though, thought he was dire again today and think Bikey cleared a lot of his mess up for him.

Thats not true. He was too slow with his delivery today and on more than one occasion he was behind Foster and never ran beyond him . I like Albert but I cant defend his performance today , not good enough I'm afraid and a throw back to the sort of performance Ivan Sproule used to give.

Agree that he doesn't recognise when he needs to keep running, or when he needs to go inside to look for the return ball from the full back.

I like Albert but he is frustrating at times, hopefully it'll come with experience, he's certainly got plenty of talent and I think he put in a decent shift today without being at his best.

Been screaming at Killa to play further forward and to run forward with ball for ages now, Today he did that and showed what a player he could be for us if he commits people and dictates the game from inside the opponents half of the field.

Archived