IGNORED

The F.a

nickolas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17663750

I cannot believe this!!! I know not City related but this just goes to show that the F.A, Premier League or whatever have no idea.

They hardly ever rescind red cards, always backing the jokes for officials who made the cock ups in the first place.

Not only did they miss the offside, to then give a pen which it wasnt and send Derry off was remarkable!!

I knew this wouldnt be rescinded. Respect campaign?? How can officials, and now their bosses, be respected when such ridiculous decisions are upheld??

An absolute joke , a good yard offside and a dive Tom Daley would be pleased with , even Fergie said he was offside.

The FA obviously are not worried about being called cheats or corrupt with decisions like this just like people call uefa and fifa

The only reason why i see there is no technology bought into football is that it allows corruption to take place and gives people the ability to potentially influence a game.

The most annoying thing of all is that nothing gets done to Ashley Young.

Blatant cheating from him, a player that I always had time for at his other clubs. But he signs for Man Utd and becomes a diver and a cheat.

Proof if needed that at Man Utd they practise cheating, diving, and conning refs.

I think in general the F.A just really piss me off!! They are completely out of touch with every football fan in this country.

The respect campaign is utter b@llox with such inept performances week in week out from officials. I acknowledge the game is fast and difficult to react to sometimes but these refs are so easily affected by media hype, home crowds, comments from Sir Alex, Wenger etc. it is true big teams get the decisions more often.

I always feel that officials are officiating matches to gain the brownie points from their assessor in the crowd.

I recently saw an article from an F.A administrator showing that refereeing decisions in the last 3 years have been proven to of been more consistent. Utter sh!te!! He then went on to say people are only bitter because of decisions against their teams. Just proves they have no idea.

Do i even speak of FIFA/UEFA?!?!

What annoys me, f.a. have cheek to appeal rooney's sending off. When something more obvious is given to them just laugh it off.

Ivanovic guilty of misconduct correct decision, balloteli let off, dubious. Ashley young dives let off.

Can't charge young I think for if red isn't rescinded then ref got it right. All very cosy for fergie and man utd if you ask me.

It was a poor decision by the ref, it wasn't a foul and he was conned by diving scumbag Ashley Young.

Derry is a tool though and shouldn't have had his hand on him. Besides he's been a cheating violent ***** often enough for this to be just desserts.

The offside isn't relevant to the card, wrong though it was. I hope the referees' performances are sanctioned because it wasn't acceptable.

And someone needs to take a serious in depth look at the officiating at Old Trafford, it's utterly ridiculous. They've been handed the title this season and it's not the first time.

It was a poor decision by the ref, it wasn't a foul and he was conned by diving scumbag Ashley Young.

And someone needs to take a serious in depth look at the officiating at Old Trafford, it's utterly ridiculous. They've been handed the title this season and it's not the first time.

Not a chance of that.

Ever watch MOTD? See Lineker, Hansen and Lawrenson wax lyrical about Man U's ability to go the distance yet conveniently omit to mention that they are being gifted about 10 points every season by refereeing "errors".

My favourite comment was when Lineker suggested a decision might have gone Utd's way only for Lawrenson to say "let's not open that can of worms" what is their purpose exactly, then?

As for Ferguson, he simply replaced one serial diver in Ronaldo with another in Young.

Not a chance of that.

Ever watch MOTD? See Lineker, Hansen and Lawrenson wax lyrical about Man U's ability to go the distance yet conveniently omit to mention that they are being gifted about 10 points every season by refereeing "errors".

My favourite comment was when Lineker suggested a decision might have gone Utd's way only for Lawrenson to say "let's not open that can of worms" what is their purpose exactly, then?

As for Ferguson, he simply replaced one serial diver in Ronaldo with another in Young.

If I got up tomorrow and the top sports news story was "Alex Ferguson arrested on charges of bribery and corruption" I would not be the tiniest bit surprised.

The fact that nobody within the game seems to want to open that can of worms makes me all the more suspicious.

I really am tired of bollockless pundits and journalists not asking the hard questions.

"So Alex, you got given another dodgy penalty today after a 'missed' offside and a blatant dive, are you not at all embarrassed by the way your players cheat and how often the officials give you the football equivalent of a good fluffing when you're at home?"

If I got up tomorrow and the top sports news story was "Alex Ferguson arrested on charges of bribery and corruption" I would not be the tiniest bit surprised.

The fact that nobody within the game seems to want to open that can of worms makes me all the more suspicious.

I really am tired of bollockless pundits and journalists not asking the hard questions.

"So Alex, you got given another dodgy penalty today after a 'missed' offside and a blatant dive, are you not at all embarrassed by the way your players cheat and how often the officials give you the football equivalent of a good fluffing when you're at home?"

The trouble is the football media (TV) are so in bed with Man U it is obscene. They are the most marketable football club in the UK and in the top 3 on the planet. Nobody in TV world is going to jepodise viewing figures / subscriptions in upsetting Man U. The Beeb did it once and Fergie refused interviews for years, and only under the most enforced circumstances has he started talking to them again.

The citing thing is the one thing the world of Rugby does very well and if only football would introduce it then you would hope the likes of Ashley Young would be finaly bought to book, however after this shambles perhaps not. I just wish refs would blow for fouls when players are trying to stay on their feet it really is only when then go to ground that the whistle goes and this is a massive problem in the sport. Instantly you are encouraging players to go to ground.

But that is an aside the problem is that refs are fair game and players are not. Young got away with barely any comment as opposed to the ref and his assitant who quite rightly get taken to task but the football establishment ex pro pundits stay clear of upseting one of their own and its clearly wrong.

Don't agree that big teams get big decisions.....just my opinion.the majority of it is jealousy, that's my view on it. Sorry.

Well I dont know if you were at Anfield in 94 but if you were I suspect you may take a different view...I'll picture the scene. Junior Bent runs through on goal, Bruce Grobbelar rushes out of the area, Bent pushes the ball past him. Grobbelar goes to ground and uses an outstretched arm to paddle the ball away. Ref blows for the obvious foul, handling outside the box is a Red card offence. The Ref gives the Liverpool keeper a yellow card. This decsion was a blantant disragrd of the rules of the game, nothing to do with interpration, but based on who commited the offence, who he played for and the venue.

Nothing to do with jealousy, just about competition.

I once askd a guy i know who was a football league ref in the 90's about 'making up' for bad decisions during games.

Put it this way, he wasnt convincing in dismissing my claims that if hed realised hed made a mistake i.e a penalty, and therefore then redressing the balance!!

My worrys/concerns/beliefs i think were more than satisfied with his less than clear answer!!!

The trouble is the football media (TV) are so in bed with Man U it is obscene. They are the most marketable football club in the UK and in the top 3 on the planet. Nobody in TV world is going to jepodise viewing figures / subscriptions in upsetting Man U. The Beeb did it once and Fergie refused interviews for years, and only under the most enforced circumstances has he started talking to them again.

Indeed - and as someone who worked for BBC Sport at that time, I vehemently argued that we should therefore stop publishing stories about every burp and fart Ferguson passed and stop interviewing Mike Phelan after games. It was in the contract for TV rights that managers would do the after-game interviews - if you're going to break a legal contract then it should cut both ways.

Derry is a tool though and shouldn't have had his hand on him. Besides he's been a cheating violent ***** often enough for this to be just desserts.

The offside isn't relevant to the card, wrong though it was. I hope the referees' performances are sanctioned because it wasn't acceptable.

Been saying that for years. Its a disgrace.

To play devil's advocate...with this theory of 'big clubs get all the decisions' is it not just a case that these big clubs tend to be on top in games more, therefore tend to be in the penalty area more and therefore there are more instances of 'decisions' that need to be made by officials?

I just dont agree with people basically saying refs bend the rules for these sides...they have a tough job with a set of rules which basically make football a non-contact sport (the recent spurt of blatant offsides is a shambles mind you...)

I have far more of a problem with the likes of Ashley Young diving than I do with referees and the fact that the FA dont go back and punish people for diving is my biggest gripe.

Wigan have just had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Manchester Utd. Presumably because Manchester Utd have spent more time in Wigan's penalty area. That is the thrust of your argument, no?

Totaly agree its an old argument often used, on that basis Forest should have had at least a copuple on Saturday. I do agree though that more needs to be done retorspectively with regard "cheats". The FA just don't have the sphyricals...not that they run the game at the top level.

To play devil's advocate...with this theory of 'big clubs get all the decisions' is it not just a case that these big clubs tend to be on top in games more, therefore tend to be in the penalty area more and therefore there are more instances of 'decisions' that need to be made by officials?

I just dont agree with people basically saying refs bend the rules for these sides...they have a tough job with a set of rules which basically make football a non-contact sport (the recent spurt of blatant offsides is a shambles mind you...)

I have far more of a problem with the likes of Ashley Young diving than I do with referees and the fact that the FA dont go back and punish people for diving is my biggest gripe.

Agreed - especially with regards to lack of retrospective punishment for divers such as Ashley Young - no repect for him now what so ever

But wouldn't of been in position to have penalties given if goal was given and Evans was sent off. Would of been 2 down and 10 men totally differant game. Corner was a hard one to tell especailly as lIno was on other side of pitch. Did hit jones on way out very close if was in or out when hit wigan player.

you lot seem to have pointed out all the so say what wigan should have had tonite, but forgot to include two pens not given deafinately not a corner for the goal, seems to blow your agreeument for man u getting everything out of the water, by the way ive never read so much shit in one thread :violin:

ManUre fan then? Proof it's not possible to die of shame.

Two pens not given? Don't make me laugh, two dives not punished. And let off a goal and a definite red card.

The game wasn't at Old Trafford, had it been the refereeing would have been even more completely biased in their favour than it was.

I hope ManUre drop more points so Man City pip them and the red faced little brat's head explodes.

ManUre fan then? Proof it's not possible to die of shame.

Two pens not given? Don't make me laugh, two dives not punished. And let off a goal and a definite red card.

The game wasn't at Old Trafford, had it been the refereeing would have been even more completely biased in their favour than it was.

I hope ManUre drop more points so Man City pip them and the red faced little brat's head explodes.

Hhhmmm, one was for handball and one was for a pull on the shirt that the Man Utd player stayed on his feet after but couldn't get to the ball. Wigans goal came from what should have been a goal kick.

But...... The Utd defender should have been sent off and (apparently as I didn't see that incident) Wigan should have had another goal allowed. Surely that just proves that it's actually the standard of the officials that is not up to scratch rather than preferential treatment to the likes of Utd?

It's a really boring argument that the big clubs are 'favoured'. If you attack more you'll get more decisions. If you have more skillful players you'll get more decisions. Therefore, the better teams will get more decisions.

No one can deny that Man Utd get loads of dodgy decisions. Tons more than anyone else - especially at old trafford.

I think its because the refs are either too scared of fergie - or they "support" united.

I'm with Nibor - its a disgrace that they get away with so much at Old Trafford.

No one can deny that Man Utd get loads of dodgy decisions. Tons more than anyone else - especially at old trafford.

I think its because the refs are either too scared of fergie - or they "support" united.

I'm with Nibor - its a disgrace that they get away with so much at Old Trafford.

The refs 'support' utd? Nah. Wasn't there a stat recently where out of the top ten Utd have conceded more penalties at home this season (or the last few) then most others. That doesn't add up to 'support'. The penalty Newcastle got at OT was as bad a decision for a penalty as you can imagine - well perhaps not as bad as Ashley Youngs dive - but that isn't a convenient argument is it?

The better teams always get more decisions for reasons highlight previously.

Archived