IGNORED

The F.a

nickolas

The refs 'support' utd? Nah

Not something either me or you can prove. But these people who ref, support someone - and seeing as more people "support" man utd than anyone else - then it stands to reason, that a chunk of the refs support them too.

Wasn't there a stat recently where out of the top ten Utd have conceded more penalties at home this season (or the last few) then most others. That doesn't add up to 'support'.

I find that hard to believe - but then you also need to count how many penaltys werent given (loads) and penalties given to man yoo, that should'nt have...

The penalty Newcastle got at OT was as bad a decision for a penalty as you can imagine - well perhaps not as bad as Ashley Youngs dive - but that isn't a convenient argument is it?

The better teams always get more decisions for reasons highlight previously.

For every dodgy decision against them, theres 2 or 3 for them

Watching Sky Sports News last night was typical.

"Wigan have scored! oh hang on..... its been disallowed! I cant see why?" - there was no problem with the goal - the only problem was that it was against man u.

Then theres the inury time - you just knew, because they were losing it was going to be 5 minutes. And even then the commentator could'nt understand why the ref was delaying blowing for full time once the 5 minutes were up......

You could'nt make it up!

Watching Sky Sports News last night was typical.

"Wigan have scored! oh hang on..... its been disallowed! I cant see why?" - there was no problem with the goal - the only problem was that it was against man u.

But did the commentator say the same when Utd should have had 2 penalties and when a corner was given instead of a goal kick?

The standard of officiating is the problem. I'd have also thought that due to the age of most of the officials they'd support the successful team from their era which would be Liverpool would it not?

I couldn't care either way how the decisions affect Utd, Chelsea, Wigan or Swansea etc but I honestly do not believe officials are bias towards certain clubs.

• Admin

I hope all the haters of "scumbag" Ashley Young in a red shirt on this thread don't change their opinion once he puts on the white for England this Summer.

But the funniest part of this thread has been the hope that Man City (who have been awarded more penalties whilst being penalised less than Utd this season but then this thread is the perfect otib thread with any facts openly dismissed in favour of fantasy and hyperbole) pip United to the title.

It's just fashionable in this country to hate successful teams & if Man City spend the next 10 years using their foreign oil money to buy title after title this thread will re-surface on forum after forum, only about them rather than United.

And if your only reply is "oh another United fan then, tosser" save yourself 5 seconds and don't bother and I'll imagine I read it & pretend to be slightly annoyed at the accusation for you. Happy?

From opta sports as of end of March....

Opta Sports @OptaJoe

3 - Only West Brom (4) have given away more penalties at home in the Premier League this season than Manchester United. Untouchable?

Opta Sports @OptaJoe

9 - Since Aug 2006, Man Utd have conceded 9 pens in PL home games, more than 7 other ever-present teams in that period (inc. Fulham). Spot.

Opta Sports @OptaJoe

4 - Luis Suarez has won more penalties than any other player this season in the PL, while Gary Caldwell has conceded the most. Collision.

I hope all the haters of "scumbag" Ashley Young in a red shirt on this thread don't change their opinion once he puts on the white for England this Summer.

But the funniest part of this thread has been the hope that Man City (who have been awarded more penalties whilst being penalised less than Utd this season but then this thread is the perfect otib thread with any facts openly dismissed in favour of fantasy and hyperbole) pip United to the title.

It's just fashionable in this country to hate successful teams & if Man City spend the next 10 years using their foreign oil money to buy title after title this thread will re-surface on forum after forum, only about them rather than United.

And if your only reply is "oh another United fan then, tosser" save yourself 5 seconds and don't bother and I'll imagine I read it & pretend to be slightly annoyed at the accusation for you. Happy?

Totally agree with that , calling footballers "scum" for diving on a football pitch is a tad OTT if you ask me. I consider paedophiles , murderers and rapists to be scum. Not the likes of Ashley Young or Brett Pitman.

Man City may have been given more penalties - but the key thing is, were they penalties or were they dodgy decisions??

Plus your only talking about this season - Man Utd have been getting decisions for years on end.

Great post Agree 100%.

Man City may have been given more penalties - but the key thing is, were they penalties or were they dodgy decisions??

Plus your only talking about this season - Man Utd have been getting decisions for years on end.

Balotelli has got away with at least 2 red cards and potentially a very lengthy ban.

Liverpool have been getting decisions at Anfield for 40 years.

Arsenal under Wenger have one of the worst disciplinary records in Europe ( and that just what was seen)

And so on.

Don`t let your hatred for MU get in the way of reality.

The refs 'support' utd? Nah. Wasn't there a stat recently where out of the top ten Utd have conceded more penalties at home this season (or the last few) then most others. That doesn't add up to 'support'. The penalty Newcastle got at OT was as bad a decision for a penalty as you can imagine - well perhaps not as bad as Ashley Youngs dive - but that isn't a convenient argument is it?

The better teams always get more decisions for reasons highlight previously.

I agree that the better teams get more decisions. Since they are better they are more likely to be in a position where the decision is critical. So that's only right and proper.

My issue with ManUre are the outright dodgy decisions such as the ball being 1 yard over the line but no official apparently seeing this.

Also, when the red-nosed bully openly criticises a referee I wonder how soon after that referee officiates in a ManUre game. And how does this compare with refs who have had the Ferguson seal of approval? I genuinely don't know.

Balotelli has got away with at least 2 red cards and potentially a very lengthy ban.

The FA's hands are tied by FIFA's rule - the ref saw it, so the FA cannot act.

Liverpool have been getting decisions at Anfield for 40 years.

They might have when they were the biggest team in the land - certainly not now tho.

Arsenal under Wenger have one of the worst disciplinary records in Europe ( and that just what was seen)

Yeah and they get punished

And so on.

Don`t let your hatred for MU get in the way of reality.

Take it your a Man Utd "fan" then :D

Take it your a Man Utd "fan" then :D

Ha Ha I was expecting that. No, ST holder at The Gate for 25 years and regular for 15 years before that. Have brought both my sons up to support BCFC.

Have no interest in the Premier League other than the players it generates for England who I have also followed for 30 years.

Ha Ha I was expecting that. No, ST holder at The Gate for 25 years and regular for 15 years before that. Have brought both my sons up to support BCFC.

Have no interest in the Premier League other than the players it generates for England who I have also followed for 30 years.

In that case, I apologise for the insult.

ManUre fan then? Proof it's not possible to die of shame.

Two pens not given? Don't make me laugh, two dives not punished. And let off a goal and a definite red card.

The game wasn't at Old Trafford, had it been the refereeing would have been even more completely biased in their favour than it was.

I hope ManUre drop more points so Man City pip them and the red faced little brat's head explodes.

for someone who writes and posts some good stuff on here........ u need to wipe your lip now your dribbling

I don't understand why people pass off their opinions as facts when they clearly dont know what they are on about....if you know facts then fair enough, but a few in this thread clearly dont.

The opta stats are there, there is no argument now......

The highlights showed a lot of precarious decisions in the last match of the day and I can't help but think there is an ulterior motive. We see awful decisions weekly but referee's don't get the stick from BBC and, by extension, the fans nearly as much as they have done this past week. Im thinking maybe a step up in the campaign for video technology might be on the horizon.

But then I might just be being paranoid and this isn't whats going on at all.

Interesting to see how this week of refereeing errors will play out though, or whether it'll just be swept under the carpet and forgotten about until the next case of refereeing technology not keeping up with the demands of the modern game

The botom line whetheryou are for or aginst this argument is that there is no action taken against "professinalism" from players. The decsion not to overturn Derry's red card provers this. It continues to be fair game for all and sundry to critiise offical (I'm as guilty of that as anyone) but no one hardly says a word about "cheeting", its always the refs fault for being duped, I'm sorry thats not acceptable.

Football is played this way all around the world.

How can a little island prevent it from happening, especially when the majority of players over here are foreign!

Read Gary Neville's piece on this topic from last Saturday's Daily Mail and you'll understand a bit more & look at the issue from a different point of view.

Archived