IGNORED

City Vs Barnsley - £10 Ticket Offer Confirmed

Bar BS3

good blog thanks David and thanks for aknowldging the mastike made with the ayteo although I was one of the ones defending the club on the matter as I could see why they had done its nice everyone wins now

Excellent!

There seems to have been a real swing in communication and bonding beween the fans, clubs, officials and players over the last 4-6 weeks or so. It is good that they aknowledge errors have been made and responded accordingly, whilst still also trying to introduce new facilites, offers & commercial revenue.

Providing the season ends as we all hope and we can look forward to NPC football again next season, then there are starting to look like there might just be a few reasons to be optimistic beginging to creep over the horizon!

Hopefully atleast 17k will be in AG

Hope you're right but I dont think it will be that high. Consider that Coventry brought 2300 , Barnsley will probably only bring 500 (unless they need a point to gurantee safety) and with the game being on a Saturday , many that came on Monday will be playing Football or Rugby etc... Slightly higher prices for kids as well. I'd be surprised if it was much over 15-15500.*

* Unless 3 points will guarantee survival

Hope you're right but I dont think it will be that high. Consider that Coventry brought 2300 , Barnsley will probably only bring 500 (unless they need a point to gurantee safety) and with the game being on a Saturday , many that came on Monday will be playing Football or Rugby etc... Slightly higher prices for kids as well. I'd be surprised if it was much over 15-15500.*

* Unless 3 points will guarantee survival

True that, however if the game is huge and would be the game that keeps us up and it being the last home game of the season, I think it could be a very decent crowd.

Won't bother with a season ticket next season ,I'll just wait for £10 tickets and save money then I can fill the ground !!

I understand your point of view and you are right to feel a little aggrieved, but let me ask you a serious question and please answer honestly. Considering the plight we are currently in, wouldn't you prefer to see AG packed out with 19'000 getting being the team and help save our championship status?

It is only for two games during desperate times, isn't it a small price to pay to do all we can to save our club from relegation?

I think the club should be commended for taking such positive steps.

I understand your point of view and you are right to feel a little aggrieved, but let me ask you a serious question and please answer honestly. Considering the plight we are currently in, wouldn't you prefer to see AG packed out with 19'000 getting being the team and help save our championship status?

It is only for two games during desperate times, isn't it a small price to pay to do all we can to save our club from relegation?

I think the club should be commended for taking such positive steps.

I can't understand his point of view (and I am a season ticket holder).

Season tickets ARE cheaper over the course of the season. So what is the issue? I couldn't give a hoots if someone is watching one game marginally cheaper than I am, because over the course of the season, I am watching games for cheaper.

There are also fringe benefits (even more next season) with being a season ticket holder which we benefit from over POTD'ers.

In my opinion it is moaning for the sake of moaning without justification.

I can't understand his point of view (and I am a season ticket holder).

Season tickets ARE cheaper over the course of the season. So what is the issue? I couldn't give a hoots if someone is watching one game marginally cheaper than I am, because over the course of the season, I am watching games for cheaper.

There are also fringe benefits (even more next season) with being a season ticket holder which we benefit from over POTD'ers.

In my opinion it is moaning for the sake of moaning without justification.

Exactly - sad ****ers.

True that, however if the game is huge and would be the game that keeps us up and it being the last home game of the season, I think it could be a very decent crowd.

I agree , hence my comment , "* Unless 3 points will guarantee survival"

I am a season ticket holder and fully support the club's efforts to fill the stadium to cheer on the lads and hopefully secure Championship football next season. Can't believe people are moaning about this, the crowd DOES make a difference on the pitch. I would rather be theoretically worse off financially and be in the Championship vs better value for money (against POD) and be in league 1.

This. In our current situation, it beggars belief that people are approaching the run-in from a purely tight-fisted, consumery perspective. I could understand it if said individuals were losing out on vast amounts of dollar, but a deficit of a couple of quid in something as emotionally-involving as the struggle to keep your beloved team in the division? Really?

It doesn't take a genius to understand that these steps are being taken to give City the best chance of staying in the Championship, which should, in turn, benefit everyone with an interest in the Club. If you still feel hard done by with that in mind, well...

Re. the free ticket for season ticket holders who have renewed, does anyone know if thats instead of the free ticket we get next season or in addition? As if its instead then I'll probably wait until next season to use my free one.

It's in addition

This. In our current situation, it beggars belief that people are approaching the run-in from a purely tight-fisted, consumery perspective. I could understand it if said individuals were losing out on vast amounts of dollar, but a deficit of a couple of quid in something as emotionally-involving as the struggle to keep your beloved team in the division? Really?

It doesn't take a genius to understand that these steps are being taken to give City the best chance of staying in the Championship, which should, in turn, benefit everyone with an interest in the Club. If you still feel hard done by with that in mind, well...

Is that why the club are charging £30 a ticket for West Ham. There's still plenty left

Is that why the club are charging £30 a ticket for West Ham. There's still plenty left

I guess they would argue that the West Ham game is not pivotal and that the standard of opposition means the game sells itself without discounts. the Barnsley game is our biggest opportunity to make ourselves safe out of the two but against a side who would not normally be seen as a draw.

Of course we could discount all the games and then not have any money to invest in the squad at all.

You do realise that a Football Club needs to try and generate income, yes...?

Why would they make a special offer available for arguably the most attractive home fixture of the season when it will attract a decent crowd anyway?

The club should be applauded for offering the discount against Palace, Coventry & Barnsley - not face snide remarks about not doing it for games against traditionally big clubs that will be attractive in its own right.

I'm sure the club would love to slash the price of the West Ham game too, but I imagine in the short term discounting both wouldn't be financially viable.

In our situation, if you have scope to offer a discount on one of the two remaining home games of the season, do you go for the one against arguably the biggest club in the league where anything but a City loss would be considered an upset, or do you go for the one against a team of a similar stature in a very similar position where a strong crowd could genuinely be a factor in us securing 3 points?

You do realise that a Football Club needs to try and generate income, yes...?

Why would they make a special offer available for arguably the most attractive home fixture of the season when it will attract a decent crowd anyway?

The club should be applauded for offering the discount against Palace, Coventry & Barnsley - not face snide remarks about not doing it for games against traditionally big clubs that will be attractive in its own right.

Comments on here show was a tough job the club has keeping everyone happy.

If they offer these cheap deals - some fans expect it for all games - and you get idiotic season ticket holders complaining, because some are getting a game cheaper,

The two £10 games have probably attracted an extra 5,000 fans to each game meaning the club makes approx £100,000. Good business? Yes if they all come regularly but they won't. Charging full price,approx £25 each, would have made the club £250,000, so in effect the club lost a potential £150,000.Of course had it been £25 per ticket, they would not have come anyway, so that way the club would have made nowt. I am a season ticket holder and I've waited all season for that type of atmosphere and result against Coventry. It's cost me over £350 quid. if only I had waited and spent just a tenner!!

Won't bother with a season ticket next season ,I'll just wait for £10 tickets and save money then I can fill the ground !!

Fat barsted then, are you??? :innocent06:

EDIT: Didn't see that glynriley had already posted similar. Great minds...............

Excellent!

There seems to have been a real swing in communication and bonding beween the fans, clubs, officials and players over the last 4-6 weeks or so. It is good that they aknowledge errors have been made and responded accordingly, whilst still also trying to introduce new facilites, offers & commercial revenue.

Providing the season ends as we all hope and we can look forward to NPC football again next season, then there are starting to look like there might just be a few reasons to be optimistic beginging to creep over the horizon!

Agreed. There's been a burst of listening and communication which reflects really well on the club...after a period in which the "management" seemed far too distant.

Let's hope that this is indeed the start of something fresh and exciting.

I've taken full advantage of the £10 offer. It's a great idea, creating an occasion at the end of a really poor season...or in truth poor couple of seasons.

The POTD prices are very high, and must put off casual supporters. They've certainly dissuaded me from making the journey.

So impressed with the club on this one. I made my opinions clear in the April Fools thread a while back (think it was around the beginning of the month) saying that a better April fools would have been a news story about the club responding to the recession, falling crowd numbers and general decline in the appealingness of the football on show, by bringing the ticket prices down... I've got to say at that point I really couldn't see anything like this happening.

It was amazing to see them try something innovative, and I'm even more impressed that they've recognised the success of it and given it another go. I'm really starting to feel that they might actually be listening to the fans.

Well done to everyone involved!

Despite the slightly raised price for kids, the three lads I gave a lift up to the Coventry game are all keen to buy tickets for this one.

That's 3 15-year-olds who maybe in a few years time are 3 new ST holders.

Well-done the club for this far-sighted policy. As a long-standing ST holder myself, I'm happier just soaking up the atmosphere of a full-house than thinking how much I could've saved!

I had paid the members price for the Cov game for me and Senior member price for my dad, so got the refund for that. Having this game reduced as well managed to pursuade him to go for 350mile round journey to go watch city again for the barnsley game which we wouldnt have done at full price. Especially as i had bought our tickets for brum and burnley before the cov game for us both to go to.

This last month spent a ridiculous amount on football tickets as been to liverpool £42 in the away end watching wigan, £50 at chelsea on sat with Wigan again. Cov and now barnsley tickets and £49 for brum and burnley. Glad its the end of the season in a couple of weeks.

I'm taking the wife and both sons for a family outing as its a decent price. Last home game as well so should have a parade and some other stuff going on. If all goes well then the family ST in the new family enclosure could be on the cards - fingers crossed!

Archived