IGNORED

Formation For Birmingham

miketh2nd

I think even though we are going to a team with such a good home record and generally play one up front I still think we play best in a 4-4-2.

The main reason I say this is because against Birmingham there is a big chance they will thrash us . if we go back to 4-5-1 I just can't see enough creativity and therefore losing our confidence from the back to back wins.

It would be much easier for Birmingham to mark our 5 man midfield than have say wood and stead up front. wood seems to becoming to a bit of form and what not better place to start than where he did so well earlier in the season.

Also feel we are less predictable in 4-4-2 then 4-5-1 where we heavily rely on wings but nothing ever comes from it.

4-5-1

Gerken, Ribeiro, Amougou, Fontaine, Foster, Cisse, Skuse, Pearson, Adomah, Bolasie, Wood

Wouldn't mind with Stead over Wood and Carey over Ribeiro though.

think i have more chance of playing than Ribs!

McGivern and Pearson up against Burke.

Pearson doesn't track back, he sits on the left and wanders inside and leaves the left back vulnerable, i'd probs play Foster against Burke for the pace factor but they got Redmond on the right hand side and he'd need tracking the whole game so its a dilemma for McInnes

With Chris Burke playing it has to be,

Gerken,

Spence Amougou Fontaine Foster

Skuse Kilkenny Cisse Pearson

Wood Stead

Subs: James Albert Taylor Bolassie Woefull

Manager: Houdini

Can't see that handing Spence his first game in months would be a good idea. Might as well pick someone out the crowd.

Would anyone be against Del if he set up to get a point which we managed and we didn't even try to win the game?

I wouldn't mind personally.

Too many times these season we have played 4-5-1 in just to stay solid and has got us nowhere don't know if you meant this?

Of course would be very happy with a point though.

but I reckon since Andre has joined us and with fonts at LB we could actually pull off 4-4-2.

Gerken

Fonts, Amougou, Carey, Foster

Pearson, Cisse, Skuse, Bolassie

Kilkenny

Wood

Subs: Adomah, Stead, Ephraim, McGivern, James

This except put Stead for Kilkenny playing him just behind wood to put pressure on Birmingham's midfield but then break when attacking. Also would swap wings for pearson and Bolaise.

This game will be won in the midfield.

This except put Stead for Kilkenny playing him just behind wood to put pressure on Birmingham's midfield but then break when attacking. Also would swap wings for pearson and Bolaise.

This game will be won in the midfield.

Hmmm. Don't think we should drop Kilkenny after his most successful game in yonks.

fair enough I think he had a great game and does seem to be one of those confidence players . I remember the derby game and he wouldn't even shoot inside the box(when 12 yards from goal) . Then against Cov he shot outside the box and wasn't a million miles away!

But a lot of his runs were still from deep and he should of passed much earlier than he did won't get half the amount of time and space on the ball against Birmingham.

.......................Gerken

Carey....Amogou....Fontaine....Foster

Bolasie....Skuse...Kilkenny....Pearson

................Wood.....Albert

suprised you have put albert up front I think he could well make a half decent striker but this season when has played up front in a 4-3-3 countless times he was caught offside.

suprised you have put albert up front I think he could well make a half decent striker but this season when has played up front in a 4-3-3 countless times he was caught offside.

When Thierry Henry first started playing at juventus, he was a winger. I think Albert has the ability to be a striker, and because he's out of form, thought a change would be good for him.

When Thierry Henry first started playing at juventus, he was a winger. I think Albert has the ability to be a striker, and because he's out of form, thought a change would be good for him.

I do think there is a possibility that he could be a good striker also with his pace and skill but as I said before with being caught offside so much and being so off form.

With every game from now being vital for survival I don't see the reason to take such a big risk also.

Albert hasn't really shown any signs he can finish though.

He has on many occasions. The Reading game this season showed he could when under pressure. Also look at the goal he scored against Pompey last season? Pure strikers finish.

Archived