IGNORED

Trevor Francis

Brizzle Jordan

If my memory serves me right, he was the first 1 million pound man,was it Man City that bought him for that?

It was Forest and Brian Clough always strenuously denied it.

He claimed they paid £999,999, to purposely avoid him being labelled with that tag.

No idea why, but I was gassing about Trevor Francis on Tuesday with a mate, He wasn't exactly a managerial great, but his teams always punched their weight. My mate (an Argyle fan) doesn't really like the bloke which I found odd as he came from Plymouth, but he apparently had a bit of a dig at 'em a while ago.

No idea why, but I was gassing about Trevor Francis on Tuesday with a mate, He wasn't exactly a managerial great, but his teams always punched their weight. My mate (an Argyle fan) doesn't really like the bloke which I found odd as he came from Plymouth, but he apparently had a bit of a dig at 'em a while ago.

He probs didn't like him because as a 15 year old he didn't sign for gargoyle, he signed some trials papers with us (played a couple of youth games) then signed for Brum, made his debut next season scoring a rake against Bolton.

He probs didn't like him because as a 15 year old he didn't sign for gargoyle, he signed some trials papers with us (played a couple of youth games) then signed for Brum, made his debut next season scoring a rake against Bolton.

I remember a corker he scored (think it was goal of the season) when he took the ball on the touchline (not far from the half way line) and dragged the ball inside before letting fly from 25 yards out and making the net bulge. A beautifully well balanced player - but a heart attack at his age just goes to show that when the warning shot arrives, it not always the obvious candidate on the receiving end. They didnt come any fitter than Trevor Francis

Yes he played for us then went back to Plymouth claiming he was homesick, then a few weeks later signed for Brum. Dicks put a clause in all youth contracts after that to say that we would have first refusal on a player if they left us for similar reasons.

Archived