IGNORED

Adam Le Fondre

Taylor10

Can't help but feel he is just one of many players we have missed out on. He cost 300k, and our tribunal for Ryan Taylor ended up as what roughly 150k? Both of those players were at the same club.

How anyone could look at Taylor and not Le Fondre is beyond me. Now Taylor may very well turn out to be a great signing, but for the price Le Fondre was going for it was surely worth a punt! With our kind of budget this really is the type of player/market we should be looking at a lot lot more! The scouting system needs to improve!

He's such a good poacher, Le Fondre and Stead would have been lethal imo.

However poachers rely on service and our service isn't as half as good as Readings with McAnuff and Kebe.

True but he is a fox in the box type player who is a poacher but can also create chances for himself. He is a player who can score most half chances as well. I would love to know if we were in for him or even looking at him when we approached Rotherham for Taylor.

Plenty on here said we should sign him. The question now is, who is the next League 2 gem we ought to be looking at? Previous posters are right though - these players are no good without service. We need decent full-backs, and a decent midfield to go with them.

Plenty on here said we should sign him. The question now is, who is the next League 2 gem we ought to be looking at? Previous posters are right though - these players are no good without service. We need decent full-backs, and a decent midfield to go with them.

Marlon Pack of Cheltenham looks like he can play a bit.

Even lower than league 2, so I'm sure many will just dismiss the suggestion out of hand, but Jamie Vardy of fleetwood scores for fun and is still only 24, surely players like this represent minimal risk, with potentially huge reward.

Even lower than league 2, so I'm sure many will just dismiss the suggestion out of hand, but Jamie Vardy of fleetwood scores for fun and is still only 24, surely players like this represent minimal risk, with potentially huge reward.

+1 so true. Would much rather see this type of player, young hungry and potential to improve then the deadwood we always inherit.

Agree would rather see players like Vardy who would be hungry at the chance of the championship and didn't Blackpool have an offer knocked back for him? A play off team in for him so has to have something about him to have people thinking he can play this level. Look how Albert worked out for us as well. Am I right in thinking Bournmouth were promoted and Pitman had 1 season with them in league 1 before he moved to us?

He's such a good poacher, Le Fondre and Stead would have been lethal imo.

However poachers rely on service and our service isn't as half as good as Readings with McAnuff and Kebe.

We have one...

Aren't you forgetting Brett Pittman?

He's a fox in the box type of player starved of service

Do you ever wonder if the whole football thing is a myth. Do you know what I mean. There are those that know everything there is to know and the rest of us are ........well just here to pay are monies to fill their pockets. Had a wine or two now but over the years watched Steve Howard take us apart when he was at Luton and thought if I was manager I would be at the boards door now banging it to get him here. Same as Le Fondre. Have followed him since his Rochdale days. He knows where the net is it doesn't matter what the level is. If you give these players the service they know where the net is. Good night it's quite simple really !!

Agree would rather see players like Vardy who would be hungry at the chance of the championship and didn't Blackpool have an offer knocked back for him? A play off team in for him so has to have something about him to have people thinking he can play this level. Look how Albert worked out for us as well. Am I right in thinking Bournmouth were promoted and Pitman had 1 season with them in league 1 before he moved to us?

No Pitman played just 2 or 3 games for Bournemouth in League One following their promotion in the 2009/10 season, scoring a hat-trick against Peterborough just a week or 2 before we signed him. He was basically straight from League Two.

He's just saying Le Fondre is a good poacher and Stead and Le Fondre would be lethal, i'm inclined to agree they would be as i'm sure Le Fondre makes better efforts than Pitman to make runs etc and Stead looks to supply often.

Also not entirely sure Brett will be a City player next season even if we stay up. Just from looking down at pitch side, McInnes seems to shout at Brett an aweful lot compared to others and his attitude on the pitch hasn't been great this season.

No Pitman played just 2 or 3 games for Bournemouth in League One following their promotion in the 2009/10 season, scoring a hat-trick against Peterborough just a week or 2 before we signed him. He was basically straight from League Two.

even more to the point then that he is another example of a league 2 striker who succeded at championship level, proved when he scored what was it 15/16 goals in his first season.

Players in League One who I believe could do a job in the Championship now or in a few years become good Championship players:

Bournemouth:

Marc Pugh (25) - Right Winger

Scott Malone (21) - Left Back

Matt Tubbs (27) - Striker

Miles Addison (23) - Centre Half/Defensive Midfielder - On loan from Derby

Stephane Zubar (25) - Centre Half

Brentford:

N/A

Bury:

Joe Skarz (22) - Left Back

Carlisle United:

Tom Taiwo (22) - Centre Midfielder

Liam Noble (20) - Centre Midfielder/Winger

Charlton Athletic:

Danny Green (23) - Right Winger/Centre Midfielder

Scott Wagstaff (22) - Right Winger

Bradley Wright-Phillips (27) - Striker

Danny Haynes (24) - Striker/Right Winger

Rhoys Wiggins (24) - Left Back

Chesterfield:

Frank Moussa (22) - Attacking Midfielder - On loan from Leicester

Colchester United:

John Joe-O'Toole (23) - Centre Midfielder

Anthony Wordsworth (23) - Centre Midfielder

Exeter City:

Liam Sercombe (21) - Centre Midfielder

Hartlepool United:

Luke James (17) - Striker

Huddersfield Town:

Alex Smithies (22) - Goalkeeper

Danny Ward (20) - Winger

Jordan Rhodes (22) Striker

Leyton Orient:

Scott Cuthbert (24) - Centre Half

Dean Cox (24) - Attacking Midfielder

MK Dons:

Daniel Powell (21) - Winger

Notts County:

Krystian Pearce (22) - Centre Half

Oldham:

Dean Furman (23) - Centre Midfielder

Dean Bouzanis (21) - Goalkeeper

Keanu Marsh-Brown (19) - Winger

Preston North End:

Paul Coutts (23) - Centre Midfielder

Adam Barton (21) - Centre Midfielder

Daniel Devine (19) - Centre Half

Rochdale:

N/A

S****horpe United:

Michael O'Connor (24) - Centre Midfielder

Jimmy Ryan (23) - Centre Midfielder

Sheffield United:

Ched Evans (23) - Striker

Harry Maguire (19) - Centre Half

Matthew Lowton (22) Right Back/Defensive Midfielder

Sheffield Wednesday:

Danny Batth (21) - Centre Half - On loan from Wolves

Gary Madine (21) - Striker

Stevenage:

Lawrie Wilson (24) - Right Back/Defensive Midfielder

Scott Laird (23) - Left Back

Michael Bostwick (23) - Centre Midfielder

Tranmere Rovers:

Joss Labadie (21) - Centre Midfielder

Walsall:

Emannuel Ledesma (23) - Attacking Midfielder

Wycome Wanderers:

N/A

Yeovil Town:

N/A

I'm sure there's a few more but they are the players i've seen bits and pieces of and have looked quite decent, all 25 and under except Wright-Phillips and Tubbs.

Liam Sercombe supposedly has premier league teams after him as I suspect Jordan Rhodes will do, however if Sheffield Utd stay down I would love us to try and get Ched Evans, expect it would need to be at least £2.75m pushing £3m though to get him

Cant say i've seen much of him, there's plenty of players in the lower leagues just waiting for a chance at a higher level.

Can't say I have either mainly stuff on the radio but I hear him name very often form Yeovil fans, ones who were impressed by Hendo and Caulker so could be worth a shot.

Liam Sercombe supposedly has premier league teams after him as I suspect Jordan Rhodes will do, however if Sheffield Utd stay down I would love us to try and get Ched Evans, expect it would need to be at least £2.75m pushing £3m though to get him

Sheff U paid 3m for him a few years back, also he's on the verge of getting charged of rape so no thankyou.

Evans joined Sheffield Utd just after they had failed to get back in the premier league which is why they paid £3m, we could chuck in Woolford to tempt them :icecream: Hadn't actually heard anything on the rape charges before hand though.

I'm sure there's a few more but they are the players i've seen bits and pieces of and have looked quite decent, all 25 and under except Wright-Phillips and Tubbs.

Blimey, good work there Brizz .... that took some time. Appreciate that.

As for Le Fondre v Taylor... i think we all thought that at the time and the former is coming really good for Reading like all their players just at the perfect time. It is too early to compare though obviously due to Taylor's enforced absence. Be good to see what he has to offer before the end of the season as a late sub when we are comfortably in front. ;)

Only problem with the 'minimal risk' is that theyve already turned down £1m for him from Blackpool!!

So would be a costly minimal risk.

Think the most impressive stat is he's readings top scorer with a staggering... 11 goals. They are a team with goals from every position, not reliant on a Lambert etc.

I'm really not sure how anyone thinks Le Fondre would have helped us this season. As already stated, he's a 'fox in the box' and as we don't get the ball in the box very often, I don't see how he would have scored that many

As for Joe Skarz, I watched him a couple of times when he was at Huddersfield and he looked far from Championship standard. That said, he may well have improved with more first team games at Bury

Archived