IGNORED

'arry For England

Barrs Court Red

. Aside from Brazil all of those nations have had some considerable downs in the last 20 years,, Spain especially.

It all comes down to luck in having a golden generation. Look at France

Completely disagree, Holland and Spain produce good quality, technical players that play well in a "system", the set up from under 8's to pro is 2nd to none.

The French had a "golden generation", Brasil and Argentina, constantly produce, brilliant footballers, Germany..........well I guess they are just Germany!

Completely disagree, Holland and Spain produce good quality, technical players that play well in a "system", the set up from under 8's to pro is 2nd to none.

The French had a "golden generation", Brasil and Argentina, constantly produce, brilliant footballers, Germany..........well I guess they are just Germany!

How many young players are there in Spain and Holland compared to here?

The answer is suprising

The answer is suprising

It's not how many young players there are.

What counts is the quality of coaching and how many qualified coaches there are to teach these

young players.

We are light years behind when it comes to this.

In this country you are taught how to win from 8 years old,everywhere else you are taught how to play football from 8 years old!!

The answer is suprising

Don't know, but as their combined population is about the same as UK's , I would say that unless Spain and Holland have not been procreating as much as the UK, then about the same.

The answer is suprising

3 in Holland, Joris, Papine and Daan.

2 in Spain, Pedro and Juan.

It's all about the mentality, it's about time that Britain jumped on the Spanish bandwagon and copied the (Dutch) Cryuff method, in 30 years time one of the home nations may actually compete properly for a major trophy, until then.........obscurity.

It's not how many young players there are.

What counts is the quality of coaching and how many qualified coaches there are to teach these

young players.

We are light years behind when it comes to this.

In this country you are taught how to win from 8 years old,everywhere else you are taught how to play football from 8 years old!!

Absolutely dead right. I manage at under 9's level and the pressure from parents (who are mostly idiots) and the clubs to win leagues/tournaments even at that age is immense. Until we change things from top to bottom (I was told on a coaching course clubs like Ajax don't even have goalkeepers til Under 15's level), we will win **** all at international level. Sad but true. (oh and it would help if it looked liked the players gave a toss...)

The answer, far far less. Which means the ratio of coaches is far hire.

In Europe if ou aren't good at football ou don't play it. In England people encouraged to carry on

If a player's lucky here a scout may find him before it's too late. That is the biggest failing we have.

People wax lyricle about the Dutch, one European championship win suggests their system isn't infallible.

Absolutely dead right. I manage at under 9's level and the pressure from parents (who are mostly idiots) and the clubs to win leagues/tournaments even at that age is immense. Until we change things from top to bottom (I was told on a coaching course clubs like Ajax don't even have goalkeepers til Under 15's level), we will win **** all at international level. Sad but true. (oh and it would help if it looked liked the players gave a toss...)

And how many world cups have the Netherlands won?

No-one, which is why they will go for Mourinho. Unlike Sven and Fabio, Jose has managed in England before AND has been successful plus he speaks fluent British lingo. Add to that the fact that when Madrid win the Champions League he will be the first manager ever to have won the 'European' cup with three different sides. The FA simply MUST get this man in. He will win us a World cup.

Mourinho' not stupid enough to take it I'm afraid.

If that happened we'd lose McInnes to WBA

We definitely wouldn't. Just because he played for them a mid-table PL Club is not going to appoint a man whose side have barely escaped relegation (hopefully!) with little experience in the English league.

I don't expect us to be winning trophies any time soon as I don't think the players have the technical ability. Worse still, there always seems to be a lot of horsepower on the pitch, unfortunately not much of it is intellectual.

I don't really care who we get as manager, as long as they can stop us looking like a bunch of fools in the major tournaments, that'll be a good start.

spurs have now conceded 5 goals to each of man city, chelsea and arsenal at some point this season. 26 goals conceded in nine games against city, arsenal, chelsea and man united, with one victory, two draws and six defeats. that's not great really.

I'm actually quite enjoying how things are panning out for Redknapp at the minute. The way things were going, back when Capello left and Redknapp was acquitted, the press were figuratively wheeling him into the England post almost unopposed on a wave of the now cyclical "Enough of these cerebral foreign lads, what we need is a proper English manager who understands our game" sentiment. Now it ain't so certain any more and his limitations as a manager are becoming ever more apparent. Every failure, every setback makes it that little bit harder for the tabloids to assert that he's the best candidate.

2010: England get hammered, coach focuses on goal-line camera issue

2012: Team of future England coach get hammered, coach focuses on goal-line camera issue

Beautiful symmetry.

Archived