IGNORED

Donny Player Speaks Out

Wardie

Just seen this article James Coppinger basically saying the way Donny did their business in the transfer market has got them relegated! http://www1.skysport.../11688/7676955/ Can't really see it catching on now, especially after it has gone tits up for donny

Seems like he's making excuses - they were in big trouble, even before they started signing these big names.

I always thought this system was destined to cause unrest to players already at the club. I guess he's also using this as a come get me plea to clubs interested in him.

The system was only ever going to benefit one person - the agent Willie McKay, i doubt he gives a toss that Donnie are relegated.

I noticed none of the "names" played in the Pompey game on Saturday

I'm surprised that Dean Saunders agreed to this system.

From the players point of view - imagine you're a Donnie player working hard and giving everything to the team, then Willie McKay signs a "big name" on a short term deal who takes your place in the team & who's main goal is to show enough to earn a bigger deal somewhere else.

The name moves on - you're put back in the team...................until the next "name" arrives.

CR

of course at the time many of the prawn sandwich eating playstation football league managers on here told us it was what we should be doing, complaining that our signings were unknown and Donny's signings were all great, well known and talented players who would propel them up the league.

To be fair I don't think they made one good signing. Diouf has quality but is a nuisance. The others were free agents for a reason, because they aren't all that good.

Fair play to donny I say.

They are the smallest club in the championship and their restrictions financially would always make it hard for them to compete.

We're lucky, because we have a rich owner - who can pay more than what we can afford - doncaster dont have that.

They had an idea - to bring in quality players, which otherwise they could not afford - this way they get them on affordable wages.

Its better than the way pompey have done it - Pay massive wages they cant sustain and then go in admin owing millions - then come out of admin and pay massive wages they cant afford again and go back into admin - still owing millions.

At least Doncaster did things they could afford and by the book.

The system was only ever going to benefit one person - the agent Willie McKay, i doubt he gives a toss that Donnie are relegated.

I noticed none of the "names" played in the Pompey game on Saturday

I'm surprised that Dean Saunders agreed to this system.

From the players point of view - imagine you're a Donnie player working hard and giving everything to the team, then Willie McKay signs a "big name" on a short term deal who takes your place in the team & who's main goal is to show enough to earn a bigger deal somewhere else.

The name moves on - you're put back in the team...................until the next "name" arrives.

CR

I few of the players were released before Saturday and DS played 5 youngsters I think.

I don't think Saunders had much say in the matter, it happened shortly after he arrived and was all done by the board/chairman. I bet he probably wished he'd stayed at Wrexham had he known

They are the smallest club in the championship and their restrictions financially would always make it hard for them to compete.

We're lucky, because we have a rich owner - who can pay more than what we can afford - doncaster dont have that.

They had an idea - to bring in quality players, which otherwise they could not afford - this way they get them on affordable wages.

Its better than the way pompey have done it - Pay massive wages they cant sustain and then go in admin owing millions - then come out of admin and pay massive wages they cant afford again and go back into admin - still owing millions.

We'll see Riaz, This little adventure could not have been on the cheap, I suspect it might well have cost them money that you rightly state that they don't have and could risk their future, time of course will tell.

Diouf is a disgrace to humanity let alone football, I see he was arrested again over the weekend, let's hope a bit of jail time is coming his way.

I agree that he's not the most agreeable of blokes but not even you EMB can deny the footballing class he happens to have. He was the best player on the AG pitch by a long way when City played Donny. Head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of style and ability.

I agree that he's not the most agreeable of blokes but not even you EMB can deny the footballing class he happens to have. He was the best player on the AG pitch by a long way when City played Donny. Head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of style and ability.

Maybe so but even so, but how many more of those type of performances did he turn in for his employers, not many judging by the outcome of their season, so an incredibly poor return for the clubs outlay.

We'll see Riaz, This little adventure could not have been on the cheap, I suspect it might well have cost them money that you rightly state that they don't have and could risk their future, time of course will tell.

No it wont cost them much - that was the whole point.

These players were paid low wages by doncaster - in return they get to play and show potential new clubs what they can do.

I agree with this. They weren't exactly in good shape when this idea was put forward otherwise it wouldn't have been put forward! On face value you can see that this was a short term gamble that didn't pay off but the long term damage is not that severe (although relegation isn't exactly sweet) so they'll dust themselves off and live to fight another day. I shouldn't have thought the agent would have made much money at all, I seem to recall he was doing it more for the move after this exercise so collectively they all lost out but it was still one of the most innovative ways of getting decent players at a cash strapped club. Would we have turned it down if we'd been in their shoes?

He's on his way out.

Not sure if he's what McInnes would want, but there'll certainly be others in the Championship who would be more than interested.

Good player even at the wrong side of 31. Is he out of contract this summer?

Should of got him when at Exeter. Antother player local who we were not in for.

Their are some gems on our doorstep like Pack (Cheltnham), O'kane (Torquay), Sercombe (Exeter), Ritchie (Swindon), Malone (Bournmouth). Their's even a lad at FGR who is getting rave reviews - ex Watford lad being scouted by championship teams.

Good player even at the wrong side of 31. Is he out of contract this summer?

Should of got him when at Exeter. Antother player local who we were not in for.

Their are some gems on our doorstep like Pack (Cheltnham), O'kane (Torquay), Sercombe (Exeter), Ritchie (Swindon), Malone (Bournmouth). Their's even a lad at FGR who is getting rave reviews - ex Watford lad being scouted by championship teams.

Eddie Oshodi is the player from Forest Green Rovers.

They decided the grass was greener. It wasn't.

As far as I remember SOD had Sharp and Stock injured for a large portion of the first half of the season. I still truly believe he would have turned them round.

Instead they packed the team full of mercenaries, with a 'manager' who is amongst the most deluded, nasty, spiteful little men in the football league. Dean Saunders, Willie McKay and El-Hadji Diouf deserve each other. And a slide down the leagues into obscurity.

It's just a shame they've taken Doncastor Rovers with them.

EDIT: It's also a shame I can't spell Doncaster. :(

They decided the grass was greener. It wasn't.

As far as I remember SOD had Sharp and Stock injured for a large portion of the first half of the season. I still truly believe he would have turned them round.

Instead they packed the team full of mercenaries, with a 'manager' who is amongst the most deluded, nasty, spiteful little men in the football league. Dean Saunders, Willie McKay and El-Hadji Diouf deserve each other. And a slide down the leagues into obscurity.

It's just a shame they've taken Doncastor Rovers with them.

I agree, they should have stuck with SOD.

Wouldn't mind us signing George Friend if we were looking at raiding Donny players

Yeah good shout. Took a while to cement his place but once he did he's been one of their better consistant performers.

Again another lad when playing for Exeter we should of been sniffing around. Him and Coppinger would be two good signings.

Yeah good shout. Took a while to cement his place but once he did he's been one of their better consistant performers.

Again another lad when playing for Exeter we should of been sniffing around. Him and Coppinger would be two good signings.

We were in for friend. He even came for talks and was prepared to sign. Unfortunately GJ dithered and wolves came in. The rest is history.

Archived