IGNORED

Louis Carey

bs3

Many of you on here think that it maybe Louis last season , if that is the case I think a fitting tribute would be to vote for him for player of the season.

Amazingly Louis as never won this accolade I feel he deserves to win it not just for season performances against Forest and Southampton to name but two but also the way he has played and represented Bristol City since 1996.

So vote Louis.

Louis has been a great servant and owes Bristol City Football Club nothing, I don't think that anyone could dispute that. I'd love to see him go out before he's pushed, he gets plenty of stick (especially from some bloke behind me in the Atyeo) but I think he's still been an important player for us this season, particularly with all our injuries.

Hoping he'll be properly replaced in the summer (whether he gets another contract or not) and that he gets a decent turnout for his testimonial.

10 years unbroken service I think you will find, or it always was.

He was at Coventry 2004 - 2005 so doesn't qualify under the 10 years of unbroken service.

Anyhow testimonials are so out of date nowadyas with players earning such fantastic wages particularly in the PL and Championship. After two years at that level players are made for life so unless testimonial revenue goes 100% to charity ( as Niall Quinn ) then it would be an insult to your average fan,

He was at Coventry 2004 - 2005 so doesn't qualify under the 10 years of unbroken service.

Anyhow testimonials are so out of date nowadyas with players earning such fantastic wages particularly in the PL and Championship. After two years at that level players are made for life so unless testimonial revenue goes 100% to charity ( as Niall Quinn ) then it would be an insult to your average fan,

I agree.

Many of you on here think that it maybe Louis last season , if that is the case I think a fitting tribute would be to vote for him for player of the season.

Amazingly Louis as never won this accolade I feel he deserves to win it not just for season performances against Forest and Southampton to name but two but also the way he has played and represented Bristol City since 1996.

So vote Louis.

Vote for him just in case he's released? Little bit silly.

10 years of service or not, he's close to being our all time record appearance holder which should be celebrated.

And he would have broke it by now had he not bailed out to Coventry. Great servant but him and Murray both left us, people tend to forget that.

Archived