IGNORED

Last Nights Ref

Super

Not sure if this has been covered but my god how bad was he?? Stead looked like he was getting fouled everytime he went up for a ball. Only Mcgivern deserved his yellow card.

I often think referees are swayed in their decision making by the size of the club. There were a few strange decisions last night where it almost seemed the referee was waiting to give a decision in favour of the "Big Boys"

I often think referees are swayed in their decision making by the size of the club. There were a few strange decisions last night where it almost seemed the referee was waiting to give a decision in favour of the "Big Boys"

the ref bought it everytime they went over.

Not sure if this has been covered but my god how bad was he?? Stead looked like he was getting fouled everytime he went up for a ball. Only Mcgivern deserved his yellow card.

He was useless for most of the game. The best/worst decision was when a West Ham player hit a shot straight into Nolan which went out of play for a throw and he gave it to them! There wasn't a City player within 5 yards of him!!! On a totally separate note, fair play to Gerken for diving head first into Carew and Fontaine onto a loose ball right at the death. I mean, I love City, but not sure I would have done that!!

He was useless for most of the game. The best/worst decision was when a West Ham player hit a shot straight into Nolan which went out of play for a throw and he gave it to them! There wasn't a City player within 5 yards of him!!! On a totally separate note, fair play to Gerken for diving head first into Carew and Fontaine onto a loose ball right at the death. I mean, I love City, but not sure I would have done that!!

he also took a hefty knock to the head in the second half from their number 4 (?) wasn't happy as their man left his leg trailing

I heard that this was only his 8th game at Championship level..

He was poor for both sides.

Best decision.. Not giving a penalty when Andre pushed Carew in the back, as it would have also been a red card...

I don't think he pushed him, just got in the way. There was no appeal from Carew, so his reaction would suggest he didn't think it was a foul. Then again, maybe he's just a lazy b@stard

I think he was atrocious - decisions awarded unfairly against us. Agree with poster above re McGivern being the only justified yellow card. He interrupted the flow of the game. My son who's far more technical than me was furious that every time there was poor challenge on Bolassie by their last man the ref did sweet FA.

In addition he was inconsistent. Many a time our players were clearly held back by WH players and again he did nothing yet when we did something wrong he came down like a ton of bricks.

There's been a lot of press following the controversial Chelski goal that the standar of refereeing is declining. There may be something in it.

By the sh!te standards we've seen this season, he wasn't too appalling.

Conned by the Hammers' Premiershit style diving on occasion, but at least he allowed the game to flow.

The odd thing with refs these days is they seem to blow for any infraction involving feet but you are allowed carte blanche to get opponents in wrestling holds. Jon Stead seems particularly to suffer from being held, grappled out of position and pulled back by opponents. At one time last night, I thought his marker, Demel?, was trying to bum him!

Steady is too honest a player to try to make capital from this, by falling over.

These sort of armlocks and headlocks never used to be part of the game. Refs really should stamp them out.

Are you talking about Kevin Nolan - He did most of the reffing in the game so no wonder it was biased!

Have never seen such a big moaner on the pitch as him.

Think the night was topped off for me listening to Sam Allerdyce being interviewed after on the radio!

If Nolan and Noble concentrated on playing the game rather than attempting to referee it you would have to think West Ham would have had a slightly better season!

I may be being paranoid, but you do get the feeling that whenever we play a 'big club' or somebody recently relegated from the Premier League every single 50/50 decision goes against us. Some of the fouls that weren't given on Stead and Wood were ridiculous, then you compare that to the free kicks Maynard was managing to win and you can't help but feel a tad hard done by. When Cole Skuse is getting booked for dissent you have to feel that referee isn't being particularly fair!

He was appalling. Nolan and Noble might as well have reffed the game. In the first half one of their defenders (I think it was Collins) led with his elbow twice and the ref didn't even give a foul on either occasion. He was giving them fouls when they were backing in or going over the top for headers but gave hardly anything the other way. I've seen poorer refs this season, but few that seemed to favour one team so much, great result against twelve men!

I think the fact that Cole Skuse ,of all people was booked for dissent, ( as was Bikey ) tells you all you need to know about that ref. Mind you as has been said already he was so shit he missed a blatant push on Carew so after that i considered that he actually had a blinding game......

Archived