IGNORED

Bolasie

miketh2nd

I'm very surprised there is no thread on him today! He was unstoppable last night especially in the first half. Where in one mazy run he did a slalom run between about 4 west ham players and got a cross in. Did tire in the 2nd half and I presume west ham marked him closer also? Best game I've seen Bolasie in a city shirt.

Was like watching adomah last season pace skill and unbelievable confidence. Now if he brings his good scoring record the he has with the reserves we may even see a finished article.

I suppose most of his crosses were quite deep but did more than adomah has most of the 2nd half of this season.

Thought he gave Albert a perfect showing of how he should be playing.

He looks up gets the ball in the box early and genuinely looks to pick out a man. He also passes it when faced with 3 defenders to get past, Albert tries to skin them all and invariably loses it.

He's scary when he goes into challenges and looks like a sending off waiting to happen but that sort of stuff can be coached out of him.

I just hope he isn't farmed out to the left to accommodate Albert. He was very good on the right and should play the final two games to give him a bit of confidence going into next season.

I think its clear to see that he does not have the natural ability of Adomah.

But what he does have, which has been missing from albert recently - is that he's unpredictable - plus he's playing without fear - as alot of youngsters do. Some of his crosses, were okay too - he put them in decent areas (from what i could see from EE) - shame no one was on the end of them.

Definately deserves to be ahead of albert for the moment.

Havent really been sure about him this season but he was excellent last night. When he plays on the left he seems to overcomplicate things with about 4 billion stepovers...whereas last night he kept it much simpler- just knocking it past a man and running.

Seems slightly quicker than Albert to me- will be interesting to see if he can replicate last night over a series of games.

Thought he did really well too. As far a crossing goes as other have said not the finished article, but it was good to see him cross early at times and at least get it past the first man. Unfortunately, some crosses did tend to go past everyone. More mobile strikers prepared to anticipate/gamble on the back stick (or a winger that can keep up with play) and some improvement from Yannick and he won't be far away.

Well done Yannick.

He had a great game and it was when Albert came on for him, that you realised just what a shadow of his earlier season self Mr Adomah is.

YB was running at and beating defenders, Alb couldn't skin a rice pudding!

My only quibble over Yannick's performance is I don't think he should be our corner taker.

He gives the impression that he has never been coached properly, he caught West Ham out a few times last night because he headed off at strange angles and towards positions I would think most coaches would suggest you avoid, that might be a good thing in the short term but it may cause him problems in the long term. If he can get the weight right on those early crosses though they will be a big plus to his game.

He is probably going to be frustrating at times and he is extremely raw, but there is no doubt he has something about him. Hopefully with the right coaching (something not always apparent at City) he will be able to develop into a very good player for us. I have certainly been impressed by a few of his cameos off the bench this season and last night and in the Doncaster game he was extremely impressive.

Thought he played well too. Thought he put in some very dangerous balls into good areas where you'd hope the likes of Stead and Wood might have been. Right call to start him on form and the right call to bring new wingers on when he did.

Off topic, but all credit to McInnes. I've liked the bloke personality-wise from the off, but the last month or so he's utilised our massive squad brilliantly and most of his subs have come off. Long may it continue.

Off topic, but all credit to McInnes. I've liked the bloke personality-wise from the off, but the last month or so he's utilised our massive squad brilliantly and most of his subs have come off. Long may it continue.

I think the utilisation of as many squad members as possible is what has helped forge a greater team spirit, they all feel involved and they can see that they need to be ready if they are thrown in suddenly. Like you I have supported him from the off and I hope that all those who were bemoaning the lack of a "experienced man" will now get off his back. I am excited to see what shape his own squad will take in the summer, I hope to see some forward thinking in the way it shapes up.

I thought Bolasie was decent last night. I can't believe that in recent weeks I have seen people slagging him off on here saying he is rubbish etc! Complete nonsense! Of late we have hardly been in a position to allow for a player like Bolasie due to it being all hands to the pumps!

What people need to remember is his inexperience at this level. Also being a winger he will be very up and down like most wingers are, even the best can go through poor spells. He has a lot of rough edges to his game, but for people to have wrote him off so early is just ridiculous.

I think he will improve, he has age on his side and is the sort of player we should be looking to sign more of, young, hungry, and has a lot of potential!

What I like most about Yannick is how unpredictable he is. He is a bag of tricks and once he learns how to harness his talents I think he could be an exciting player for us!

Lastly, I was impressed with how he didn't hide last night and proved he could cope with the big occasion. He always wanted the ball and wasn't afraid to get at Danny Collins.

Alberts and Yannicks runs look great...but i'd be interested to know how many times this season we've scored from their crosses?

Are they really that effective?

I believe it's a luxury for any team in this division to play two wingers. We never have enough players in the box to finish off any of their work.

Just an observation...

Alberts and Yannicks runs look great...but i'd be interested to know how many times this season we've scored from their crosses?

I believe it's a luxury for any team in this division to play two wingers. We never have enough players in the box to finish off any of their work.

Just an observation...

Well they do put teams on the back foot - which is great for a team that can't defend well.

Plus when do we ever play with both of them? Rarely - maybe once when we played 433 - and we looked really good that day

Just an observation...

Albert has 7 assists most of those were during the first part of the season and most recent was the pitman assist against Leicester I think it was. Albert hasn't been himself since christmas, and Yannick has only had 6 starts so hard to judge him.

But I do see the point your point that your getting at. One thing wings add is taking the pressure off the the central midfield but most of this season we have relied too heavily on Albert.

I think come next season we will see a similar formation as the last few games of this season. 4-4-2 with one attacking winger and the left midfielder tucking inside . The when playing more attackingly minded playing both adomah and bolaise in a 4-3-3 up front with Stead?

Archived