IGNORED

Chris Wood - Next Season?

Andy082005

I would have to say no, he's a big lad but don't seem to win much in the air

And when the balls at his feet, he doesn't seem quick enough to get the ball from out his feet and get a pass or shot away...

It's a shame because I rated him quite highly before now

Agree. Probably a player with a lot of potential but frankly he has been a bit disappointing for us. Let him go I say.

The problem with loaning Chris Wood again for another season is that we're continually developing him but as soon as he starts to develop like the player Wigan hope him to be, he'll go back on a free of course. If we buy him, that's fine. Otherwise let's find another young striker that we can develop.

Hasn't done enough imo. In the games he's played with Stead he's been very much overshadowed by Stead's effort determination and strength. Doesn't put himself about despite being big and strongly built.

Can obviously score goals with decent service but isn't a finisher in Pitman's class. He missed a clear chance last night that Pitman almost certainly would have buried.

Thanks, but no thanks.

The problem with loaning Chris Wood again for another season is that we're continually developing him but as soon as he starts to develop like the player Wigan hope him to be, he'll go back on a free of course. If we buy him, that's fine. Otherwise let's find another young striker that we can develop.

I thought he was on the books at West Brom, although he has played most of the season on loan at Birmingham, where he scored a lot of goals.

Id rather get a young quick forward brought in from abroad for cheap

something like the lad in this vidieo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU8SYH3ayDo

No offence but the lad in that video looks like he's up against Sunday League players, the defending in that video is attrocious. At one point he has so much space with nobody closing him down he has time to do his shoelaces up, pop down the local supermarket buy a cigar and smoke it before anyone attempts to close him down.

No offence but the lad in that video looks like he's up against Sunday League players, the defending in that video is attrocious. At one point he has so much space with nobody closing him down he has time to do his shoelaces up, pop down the local supermarket buy a cigar and smoke it before anyone attempts to close him down.

wasnt suggesting we bought him i was just saying he was the sort of player we need to play with stead

I thought he was on the books at West Brom, although he has played most of the season on loan at Birmingham, where he scored a lot of goals.

Sorry my bad, it's West brom. For some reason I always confuse those two clubs. I always confuse 'palace and QPR too, not sure why.

No. Done well for us but if we are to be challenging we need to spend decent money on a 25+ year old fox in the box type player... another Maynard I suppose without the attitiude!

Maynard was more of a "f0cks-about-in-the-box-to-no-purpose" type player on Tuesday.

No. Done well for us but if we are to be challenging we need to spend decent money on a 25+ year old fox in the box type player... another Maynard I suppose without the attitiude!

Maynard was more of a "f0cks-about-in-the-box-to-no-purpose" type player on Tuesday.

I feel the assessment of Chris Wood by most on here is harsh and a bit myopic.

He is talked of mostly as if he is an experienced player and his faults are listed. He's 4 years younger than Albert and Brett and 3 years younger than Yannick Bolasie, yet people talk about how they can all get better. The earlier post about not getting into the box in time to get on the end of Albert and Yannick's crosses was funny. Mostly their crosses hit the first opposition player or are overhit. When he had proper service at Brum, he was prolific. It is noticeable to me how good he is at holding the ball up and laying it back to the midfield. Sometimes he's been guilty of holding onto it too long. However, if my memory serves me well, this is because he has no options and is waiting for a team mate to move into space so he could lay the ball off. In time he will soon learn to belt it upfield before shouting at his team mates like a good pro should.

If the price and the wages were reasonable, I'd definitely have him back - he's capable of 20 goals per season at this level as well as improving the other aspects of his game. If Paul Lambert rates him that is a strong indication that he is capable of progressing into a very good player.

Exactly the sort of player we should be after.

Sorry , not for me. Stead is a class above him. For me , he doesn't punch his weight and has no pace. We need a good littl'n alongside Stead next year. Mustaffa Karyol from the Gas ???? (i'll just sit back and await my beating shall i ?)

Watched him at Torquay when they played Shrewsbury last season and he was brilliant. Winger by trade but not as good as Adomah.

Sorry , not for me. Stead is a class above him. For me , he doesn't punch his weight and has no pace. We need a good littl'n alongside Stead next year. Mustaffa Karyol from the Gas ???? (i'll just sit back and await my beating shall i ?)

Stead is not a class above him. Wood is what 19/20 and scored more than double Stead this season.

Wood will be a premier league regular, the fact he is so young highlights how good he will be.

Stead is not a class above him. Wood is what 19/20 and scored more than double Stead this season.

Wood will be a premier league regular, the fact he is so young highlights how good he will be.

You've got the two of them mixed up I think. Otherwise you are absolutely miles off.

Archived