IGNORED

Best Run Of The Season

Real Red

The draw against West Ham last night ensures we are now on the best run of the season with 6 matches undefeated

(Middlesbro D, DerbyD, Forest W, Coventry W, Blues D and West Ham D)

beating the 5 match unbeaten run just after DMac took over back in October

(Barnsley W, West Ham D, Burnley W, Millwall W and Southampton W).

Although the 5 match run gained us 13pts, the current 6 match run has gained us 10pts. Nice time to do it though.

A couple more wins and who knows we could end up in 18th position! :yahoo:

One Team in Bristol Fanzine (recommend us to a fellow fan)

Aye it is a good run, and perfect timing. Someone started a topic a few weeks ago pondering who was going to achieve hero status by really pulling up their socks and saving the team. Quite frankly the whole team have done that. It has been fantastic to watch such commitment and passion. Credit to the fans too, especially with the atmospheres of the Cov and Hammers games. I simply cannot wait for Saturday, getting more and more excited by the day. Bringing my girlfriend along who, whilst she won't admit it, is becoming a closet City fan. The only other game she's been to is Leeds away where a certain someone missed that crucial penalty, but she's been asking about results ever since. Perfect game to bring her to as she's yet to visit Ashton Gate. Lets secure our status with a great win and most importantly, COYR!

This mini run has come largely because the players finally realised just how deep in the shite the club was and that coincided with the arrival of the fridge who has definately made a huge difference to the defence. Stead seems to found some form around the same time as well.

All players appear to be putting in better performances, even the must maligned Woolford looked sharp at Brum and when he came on last night.

The realisation that relegation was a serious possibility has galvanised the squad just in time it seems.

This mini run has come largely because the players finally realised just how deep in the shite the club was and that coincided with the arrival of the fridge who has definately made a huge difference to the defence. Stead seems to found some form around the same time as well.

All players appear to be putting in better performances, even the must maligned Woolford looked sharp at Brum and when he came on last night.

The realisation that relegation was a serious possibility has galvanised the squad just in time it seems.

Agreed. It seems that dropping into the relegation zone at such a late stage may have made a few of them wake up and realise exactly what is at stake. We'd been threatening to drop in there for weeks, yet many of them didn't appear to give a shit until it actually happened.

The fridge?? ;/

I also think the loans Like Amougou have made the deference.

Gerken, Skuse, Amoughu and Stead have made the big difference. Given a spine to the team and plenty of determination as well. Hard to single out any of those 4 but we needed Amougou in central defence and Gerken has been immense. No offence to DJ but he's not the player he was and I'm convinced our goals against would be have been much higher had he been playing.

RR, you don't need any more + 1's on this thread but I think this sums up what has happened over recent weeks.

Thankfully - just in time.

Gerken, Skuse, Amoughu and Stead have made the big difference. Given a spine to the team and plenty of determination as well. Hard to single out any of those 4 but we needed Amougou in central defence and Gerken has been immense. No offence to DJ but he's not the player he was and I'm convinced our goals against would be have been much higher had he been playing.

Spot on. Those 4 have started every game during our recent run despite Del changing others on a regular basis.Clearly they have impressed the manager.

Funnily enough the players did the same under Millen last season. Realised we may be in the poo, galvanised enough to put a run together in March, get safe and then dropped off the face of the planet until the last couple of games. This season's run has been similar

We are at the last couple of games so lets hope we do not 'fall off the planet'.

The way the Earth spins, if we should we fall off - do we fall, or just get projected of into space in a westerly direction ?

Astral projections are totally dismissed by science. It comes from dreams and hallucinations.. what are you on? prozac inducing sleep tablets or magic mushrooms? !!

The draw against West Ham last night ensures we are now on the best run of the season with 6 matches undefeated

(Middlesbro D, DerbyD, Forest W, Coventry W, Blues D and West Ham D)

beating the 5 match unbeaten run just after DMac took over back in October

(Barnsley W, West Ham D, Burnley W, Millwall W and Southampton W).

Although the 5 match run gained us 13pts, the current 6 match run has gained us 10pts. Nice time to do it though.

A couple more wins and who knows we could end up in 18th position! :yahoo:

One Team in Bristol Fanzine (recommend us to a fellow fan)

Sorry to be pedantic, but after the Southampton win at home, didn't we then draw 2-2 away at Watford, so making that a six-match unbeaten run too? And as that run contained 4 victories it is still our best of the season.

The way the Earth spins, if we should we fall off - do we fall, or just get projected of into space in a westerly direction ?

I think if you fall off the earth it's gravitational field will ensure that you fall back on another part of the earth. Unless you're eastonboy's wife apparently; from what he's said, she may have sufficient mass to break free of the planets gravitational hold...

For those who weren't either born or too young to watch the NFL on C4 in the 80's the Chicago Bears had a huge black defensive back called William Perry. He was known everywhere as 'the fridge'. The opposition had to take a detour to get around him. He once lifted a team mate into the end zone to claim 6 points. Unfortunately it was disallowed.

Watching Amougou reminded me of him.

My only worry with this run of form which hopefully is going to keep us up is that although alot of players have stepped up their game and shown that they can compete at this level, i don't want del to start thinking that we dont need to do much business in the summer.

It was only a month ago that there was numerous threads on here about 15+ players etc needed to go in the summer and although recent performances have changed my views on some players, i hope the results dont make del blind to the fact that there is still alot of work that needs to go into sorting this team if were going the be competing at the right end of the table.

My only worry with this run of form which hopefully is going to keep us up is that although alot of players have stepped up their game and shown that they can compete at this level, i don't want del to start thinking that we dont need to do much business in the summer.

It was only a month ago that there was numerous threads on here about 15+ players etc needed to go in the summer and although recent performances have changed my views on some players, i hope the results dont make del blind to the fact that there is still alot of work that needs to go into sorting this team if were going the be competing at the right end of the table.

It is a worry but we can only hope that McInnes saw enough lacklustre and poor performances from various players over the season to know that they aren't likely to be in his plans for next season. Who those players are has been debated on here plenty of times but I suspect that most of the out of contract fringe players will be off in the summer.

Whats more important is who he brings in. We all know that there is a serious shortage of real quality within the current squad and to be in the running in the Championship teams need quaility in abundance.

Signing Amougou would be good start.

Us old ones know what he means! Think NFL on Channel 4 in the mid 80s!

William Perry??

A great Bears team that - loved watching Walter Peyton back then.

Perhaps coincedently but my daughter was born on 24/03, the day of the boro game - & we havnt lost since! A lucky charm I think!!

Congrats Rich, but Im sure it was coincidence, as the real reason for the winning run was that Mrs Downend had sex with me that evening. I told her about the winning run that started that day and she's said that to keep the winning run going that she promises to keep having sex regularly, once a year on 24th March from now on!

Archived