IGNORED

Who Do You Want To Stay (Loan Players )

bcfc1982

Please not Pearson.

The only one I would consider is Amougou. We need to start again really.

This is harsh on Pearson who I think has made a decent contribution since he came in. Just one example, his goal at Birmingham was very well taken and put us in front that day against a good side where we gained a vital point away.

Totally agree about Amougou - as I said on the Sam Allardayce e-mail thread.

Outstanding, awesome defender, we must sign him up for next season if possible.

However, as others have said on here, his wage demands may be out of our reach.

Come on SL, this would be a far better investment than David James.

Please not Pearson.

The only one I would consider is Amougou. We need to start again really.

I agree, let Pearson go, get a younger up and coming midfielder who can pick a creative pass and who would be on similar wages to what he is probably on here, can't hurt to have potential in a team.

It's interesting that in his recent team selections and amongst all the squad rotation that has been going on, McInnes has played Foster and Pearson on every available opportunity (Pearson missed one match through suspension). They are clearly key players in his plans, and I would be astonished if he didn't want to keep Pearson. As I understand it, giving Pearson a contract to the end of the season was only because of doubts about his fitness. He seems to have proved that so I would expect him to stay and I think he will be a good squad member for us.

Amougou has been fantastic for us, but whether he offers us a real option for the future I an unsure. I would rather us sign someone younger, and someone with a bit more height.

I agree, let Pearson go, get a younger up and coming midfielder who can pick a creative pass and who would be on similar wages to what he is probably on here, can't hurt to have potential in a team.

I agree that in principal it would be great to release everyone and sign a group of hungry, talented young footballers, but I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. Pearson's done a decent job from the few times I've watches him and the fact he can play wide left and centre mid (even in behind a striker?) would give us cover in several positions. We probably need to be realistic about how many players we can bring in and how good they'll be. It's inevitable that we'll have to take some risks with the ability of some signings and that not all of them will pay off

Obviously Amougou has been immense so I would hope we would try to sign him depending on wage demands. I dont think too many bigger clubs will want him bearing in mind he wasnt playing at Burnley so we may not have much competition for him.

I would give Pearson another year- he does alot of unnoticed running and has scored some vital goals.

Amougou, Ephraim & should keep Pearson for another season.

Should also try and get McManus if possible.

I think you will find Ephraim on the forum when interviewed stated he had been offered a new contract by QPR for next season so therefore unless QPR send him out on loan again he would cost a fee and whatever money we have next year needs to go towards the spine of the team. Another keeper and release James unless he is paid as he plays. My Burnley mates tell me Bikey is not reliable although speak as you find he has done well for us, a central midfiled player and a goal scorer which is an absolue must. We bought the wrong half of Rotherhams forward line and Reading go the better half. Lambert has shown with service how to score in this league and unless DM can find a bargain in Scotland perhaps we should be trying to get Scotland who is out of contract at Ipswich

Amougou - since he's come in, we've looked much better at the back and very composed. Yes

Pearson - has added balance to the side, but sometimes I forget he's on the pitch. Maybe, depends how much derby want for him

Wood - some games he is very good, other times he goes missing a lot. But he has the ability to be a good striker, and he's only 20 years old. Yes

Elphraim - still hasn't convinced me yet. No

Spence - decent first spell, but isn't good enough. No

Mcgivern - decent cover, but not first team standard. No

Keinan - is he alive?

Amougou - since he's come in, we've looked much better at the back and very composed. Yes

Pearson - has added balance to the side, but sometimes I forget he's on the pitch. Maybe, depends how much derby want for him

Wood - some games he is very good, other times he goes missing a lot. But he has the ability to be a good striker, and he's only 20 years old. Yes

Elphraim - still hasn't convinced me yet. No

Spence - decent first spell, but isn't good enough. No

Mcgivern - decent cover, but not first team standard. No

Keinan - is he alive?

Pearson is our player by contract. He signed a short term permanent deal.

Bearing in mind we signed him in January, I don't think Derby have a say in the matter.

For what it is worth I think giving Pearson a two year contract is a no brainer. He has a great engine, isn't afraid to put his foot in, is comfortable on the ball, probably on our only midfielder who is able to make a run beyond the forwards and can play in a few different positions, which will be key next season when we hopefully have a much smaller squad.

Amougou definitely, would be a tremendous asset! Not a loanee, as we have established, but Pearson deserves a further 12 month deal imho. His short term deal expires in the summer and I think he gives the side balance, is a goal threat from midfield and has stayed fit and relatively injury free. His long term injury problems were why he dropped down the pecking order at Derby.

McGivern? No thanks. Wood? Depends on the fee. Ephraim? Not seen much of him tbh, but not torn up trees at City. Keinan? No ta.

Most important signing, would be a new contract for Kalifa, that would be my top priority!!

Pearson (I know he isn't on loan but he should be given at least another year contract)

Amougou or McManus, both contributed a lot and I would be happy with one of the two to stay.

Wood, only if we can have him permanently as I can't stand it when we develop players for other clubs and not reap the benefits.

Pearson - sure he isn't a world beater and does sometimes go AWOL but I think he's brought decent balance and fluidity to our midfield in his short time here. Amazing stamina and gets into some great attacking positions.. we should give him another year.

Amougou - 6 games unbeaten since he came into defence, far more organised and solid with him at the back - ok he was suspect against Tomkins a couple times on Tuesday but can't fault him apart from that. Will be available on a free transfer this summer so depending on his wage demands we should go for him.

McGivern - probably his best game for us against WHU but we should look elsewhere next season.

Ephraim - looked decent in spells but not seen enough. Maybe he'll get a good chance to impress in the next couple games.

Wood - heard some lower Prem team were in for him? Not surprised with how young he is, he'll be a good player but if it's another loan deal then we I wouldnt bother, sooner look into developing our own strikers rather than playing him for the sake of his future at WBA.

Spence/Keinan - Huh

Amougou - high wages no doubt but this one would be worth it, he's an inspirational colossus and could be our new Shaun Taylor.

Pearson - Had some great games and some anonymous ones but overall he's done well. A few goals from midfield have been very welcome but shooting miles over the bar from good positions has also been a regular occurrence. Injury concerns and high wages were supposedly behind his exit from Derby - he's proven his fitness but will he be willing to accept less here? I suspect Del will want him, but I hope City would be firm when it comes to wages.

McGivern - A bit of a whipping boy on here and sometimes gets beaten for pace, but always plays with heart and is capable of firing in some excellent crosses. If Del has his eye on someone better then all well and good but otherwise he has potential to improve and good left backs are few and far between and very hard to find. At his best he looks the part, at his worst he has occasionally really struggled - with a season's experience does he have it in him to up his game to play at the top of his form consistently?

No chance of signing Spence, Wood or Ephraim permanently. Spence will obviously not be wanted and West Brom and QPR made it clear their players are highly rated by them and they never had any intention of letting them go permanently.

Amougou - high wages no doubt but this one would be worth it, he's an inspirational colossus and could be our new Shaun Taylor.

Pearson - Had some great games and some anonymous ones but overall he's done well. A few goals from midfield have been very welcome but shooting miles over the bar from good positions has also been a regular occurrence. Injury concerns and high wages were supposedly behind his exit from Derby - he's proven his fitness but will he be willing to accept less here? I suspect Del will want him, but I hope City would be firm when it comes to wages.

McGivern - A bit of a whipping boy on here and sometimes gets beaten for pace, but always plays with heart and is capable of firing in some excellent crosses. If Del has his eye on someone better then all well and good but otherwise he has potential to improve and good left backs are few and far between and very hard to find. At his best he looks the part, at his worst he has occasionally really struggled - with a season's experience does he have it in him to up his game to play at the top of his form consistently?

No chance of signing Spence, Wood or Ephraim permanently. Spence will obviously not be wanted and West Brom and QPR made it clear their players are highly rated by them and they never had any intention of letting them go permanently.

QPR wont be keeping Ephraim if they stay up, he's 23 aswell so not exactly a youngster anymore.

Rather odd that they gave him a new long term contract just before they sent him out on loan then, don't you think?

Not sure, think it may have just been an extra year or so to make sure he didn't leave for free in the summer?? Either way unless he gets some game time before the end of the season can't see him coming back.

Archived