IGNORED

No Albert...more Teamwork?

biggythecity

Dont get me wrong,i love Albert and he is great to watch and i still want him playing for us next year.....but does anyone else feel that since he hasnt been playing so much the team is playing better football?When Albert plays(and i know it isnt his fault)we seem to play the game give the ball to Albert and see what will happen,without him we try to play more.As i say i love him as a player but we seem better going foward without him at the mo

Dont get me wrong,i love Albert and he is great to watch and i still want him playing for us next year.....but does anyone else feel that since he hasnt been playing so much the team is playing better football?When Albert plays(and i know it isnt his fault)we seem to play the game give the ball to Albert and see what will happen,without him we try to play more.As i say i love him as a player but we seem better going foward without him at the mo

I think this is spot on. Since Albert hasn't been starting, other players have had to take more responsibility and our all round game has improved as a result.

Interestingly though there were comments on a West Ham forum the day after the match saying how dangerous they thought he looked when he came on...

Since the Leicester game I've been saying the same.

When Albert plays our defenders/midfielders have the easy option to play it wide in the hope that he creates something... it's an easy outlet for players lacking confidence.

I'm looking forward to the day when Albert's playing in a team with more confidence - his ability used effectively and not a simple outlet should hopefully be a joy to watch.

the problem is the other players got lazy and expected albert to create everything he got burned out his form and the teams form suffered big time,

now the players finnally pulled their fingers out they shouldn't have to give him the ball and expect him to do everything,

Also I think he's been playing with an injury since that coventry away game on boxing day I wouldn't be too suprised if he had an op in the summer

I remember at a FCF meeting in Jan/Feb that McInnes said he'd still not recovered from that horrendous tackle on him at Cov.. it seems to co-inside with him being off form since. Maybe a good summer break is what he needs.

His team mates are as much to blame - they give him the ball far too early.

When he's on the field, its like they cant pass to him quick enough and the opposition quickly pick up on this.

This.

But it has to be said that his legs (and confidence) are gone. A nice summer break should put the spring back into his step.

Also he is clearly an out and out winger and it seems to me he has also been asked to track back and support full back under Del. This means when we get the ball often he is not as far forward as he could be and I agree with Riaz in the sense that we get the ball and are passing him too early - before he can further forward and really get motoring down the wing

A couple of things that are noticable since Alberts injury is an obvious dip in his confidence. He's not as direct as he was,rarely gets to the by-line now and crosses too early He tends now to drop deeper. That might be team instructions of course but when Murray was at his best and flying he rarely appeared deep in the City half. He score loads of breakaway goals with his pace and the ability of Tinnion in particular to pick him out. Albert could/should be doing the same.

Lets hope he has a blinder on Saturday............ :fingerscrossed:

His team mates are as much to blame - they give him the ball far too early.

I think that this is Albert's fault a lot of the time, he never makes a run down the wing onto a ball but always runs towards full back, or whoever has the ball, to get it off them on the half way line and then tries to take on 3 players.

Yanick on the other hand runs down the wing into space where the ball should be played, if Albert did this he'd probably only have to beat 1 player before he got to the byline or penalty area.

I think that this is Albert's fault a lot of the time, he never makes a run down the wing onto a ball but always runs towards full back, or whoever has the ball, to get it off them on the half way line and then tries to take on 3 players.

Yanick on the other hand runs down the wing into space where the ball should be played, if Albert did this he'd probably only have to beat 1 player before he got to the byline or penalty area.

Albert is at fault. He demands the ball far too early. But the other players visibly look for him, instead of looking for the "best" pass

For me , Albert has burnt himself out and is in need of a holiday. Totally agree with the posters comments but in addition I think that with no decent fullbacks for much of the season, Albert was running with the ball from the edge of his own box time and again. Every break he makes involves a 60 yard dash down the wing and he,s totally knackered now,! Bolasie seems to be learning from Alberts mistakes and whilst very similar players , he seems to be using his noddle and I reckon he,ll cut the Tykes to shreds given the trouble he caused West Ham at times.

I think most including me have come to relies that although Albert offers blistering pace, great close ball control etc , that aint what we needed in the unbalanced side we had fighting relegation!

The experence of Players like Pearson have enabled us to be much stronger (although not pretty) and balanced considering the teams lack of confidence

He needs the ball further up the pitch to be effective, giving him short passes facing our goal inside our own half doesn't give him a chance. To see the best of him you have got to get in quality players to compliment his game. It's no wonder he has burn out if we are expecting him to run from deep when the opposition are all in position, you definately need players like Albert in any side, but you must also have two or three players in the middle of the park who can carry the ball further forward and unleash him in the final third.

he needs to learn how to play his bloody position correctly. I have no problem with him coming deep to get it but his first thought in that situation should be to lay it off to either the full back or central midfielder and dart in behind the opposition full back. Simple football is the most effective kind. His lack of understanding of how to play on the shoulder and utilise one-twos is almost as frustrating as his inability to use his blistering pace properly. If he used that aspect of his game better he'd get in behind a lot more and find himself in more goalscoring positions.

So many wingers seem to have the same problem, somewhat ironic that the fastest people seem to have the slowest brains...

he needs to learn how to play his bloody position correctly. I have no problem with him coming deep to get it but his first thought in that situation should be to lay it off to either the full back or central midfielder and dart in behind the opposition full back. Simple football is the most effective kind. His lack of understanding of how to play on the shoulder and utilise one-twos is almost as frustrating as his inability to use his blistering pace properly. If he used that aspect of his game better he'd get in behind a lot more and find himself in more goalscoring positions.

So many wingers seem to have the same problem, somewhat ironic that the fastest people seem to have the slowest brains...

Found myself nodding !

I think most including me have come to relies that although Albert offers blistering pace, great close ball control etc , that aint what we needed in the unbalanced side we had fighting relegation!

The experence of Players like Pearson have enabled us to be much stronger (although not pretty) and balanced considering the teams lack of confidence

Stephen Pearson is no way the long term answer, and for me has disappeared far more times than been effective. Especially the derby game where he was, by far, the worst player on the pitch.

Need a younger and better player to replace him in the summer.

Albert needs a rest. A class act but like so many wingers in this league is completely burnt out.

If BCFC regroup And replace the deadwood with confidenent, quality players then Albert hopefully will be back to his best next season.

Albert at his best is far too good for this league, hopefully after the break he will be back to his best, in a confident team that don't rely on him next season.

Archived