IGNORED

What Is Bcfcs Main, Traditional Fans Song?

Volta

Looking back at this season, ive seen a few teams with traditional, unique songs to their club, the obvious 2 being "marching on together" and "forever blowing bubbles" from Leeds and west ham fans.......but what is out traditional most famous song.

Standing in the EE we sing a lot of songs, none of which, bar maybe "cider drinker" are unique to the club?

Do we have any unique BCFC songs? And if so what are they?

Us old uns' will always say that Red Red Robin is the traditional City song, ( the blue and white quarter after all still have Goodnight Irene only ! ) however I think that we have an affinity with The Wurzels and One for the Bristol City is great as it goes back to our glory days with AD at the helm and I play this when I do 60's nights to enrage lurking Gasheads and Drink up thee zider is also a good AG theme. Perhaps we are lucky that we can lay claim to a couple of songs

Looking back at this season, ive seen a few teams with traditional, unique songs to their club, the obvious 2 being "marching on together" and "forever blowing bubbles" from Leeds and west ham fans.......but what is out traditional most famous song.

Standing in the EE we sing a lot of songs, none of which, bar maybe "cider drinker" are unique to the club?

You didn't hear the Coventry fans singing MOT when they scored at AG then ? That song is certainly not unique to Leeds.

I'd like to hear 'where be that blackbird to' sung more often. Good tune.

I do love the song, but it signifies a loss to me as they play it when we lose... It's quite strange that whenever I hear that song I think about us losing (chelsea dagger always makes me think of us scoring as it was played for a period)

We have quite a lot of original chants, drink up thee cider being the most notable... But they don't really lend themselves to being sung as a chant as the natural inclination is to speed up which kind of ruins it. Shame really...

You didn't hear the Coventry fans singing MOT when they scored at AG then ? That song is certainly not unique to Leeds.

That was that horrible 'Sky Blues sing together, we will never lose' thing that they sing. I used to have a housemate at Uni who supported Cov, this is definitely their song. They don't sing Marching on Together - can see how you got confused though as they do sound similar!

Us old uns' will always say that Red Red Robin is the traditional City song, ( the blue and white quarter after all still have Goodnight Irene only ! ) however I think that we have an affinity with The Wurzels and One for the Bristol City is great as it goes back to our glory days with AD at the helm and I play this when I do 60's nights to enrage lurking Gasheads and Drink up thee zider is also a good AG theme. Perhaps we are lucky that we can lay claim to a couple of songs

defo - especially the al jolson version. Great for building an atmosphere.

The crap that was played on Tuesday virtually killed the atmosphere. To be fair.

Bit controversial but does anyone else find the association with The Wurzels and 'One for the Bristol City' a bit embarrassing?

No, not at all. It's part of our regional identity and I'm glad it appears most posters so far still consider 'Drink up The Zider' as our anthem (although I don't think for one second that there is any real doubt about this, certainly not amongst fans who are 30+).

Personally I think it's a great song especially compared to droning, whiny s**t like Delilah and MOT, Blowing Bubbles which should only feature on childrens karaoke DVDs and Irene which is just suicidal, embarrassing rubbish. I don't know too much about the others but the only relevance 'Irene' has to Bristol Rovers as a club is that they stole it from someone else.

It might not be to everyone's taste but I think Drink up the Zider is not only relevant to the Westcountry (a region in which we have pretty much always been the biggest and best supported club) but is also a great song to sing along to....and it's about Cider.

Bit controversial but does anyone else find the association with The Wurzels and 'One for the Bristol City' a bit embarrassing?

No, I would not want it any otherway. It is something I grew up with from an early age watching City and has been ever present. It is part of the culture of BCFC.

What identity would you prefer?

I find it embarrassing. Especially when that old version of "drink up thee cider" is played after a match. When was that produced? 1960?.

If it was re-done by the current singer it woyldnt be so bad.

That said I do love " One For The Bristol City" so that should be our song. Cant understand why we dont sing it.

And talking of songs can somone have a word with the tool that keeps playing "Hi-ho silver lining" ? . Its dire and belongs to Wolves....who are just that......DIRE !

Not to mention "Let 'em come" sung by our friends from Millwall.

Must admit, it's quite catchy.....

Archived