IGNORED

Well Done Del And Doc

Lew-T

Could not disagree more. I think Pearson is a fantastic player in the middle at this level. He has chipped in with goals, has a real attacking impetus, he has a good understanding with Stead which can be built upon, he hurries their players on the ball, and plays the simple ball rather than extravagance.

He would be one of the first names on my teamsheet and would certainly look to tie him down.

For me he does everything Marvin Elliot did in terms of box to box aggression but he offers much more technically.

+1

I admit that I was fearing the worse when we were on our recent poor run and shipping 3 goals a game. But credit to the management team, they turned things round, ground out some very important results and we have survived without having to hope for other results to go for us.

Although not playing champagne footie, we are on a good run and will hopefully keeping it going at Burnley. Confidence breeds confidence and it would be great to finish the season by having a very good unbeaten run, and we can all relax for this final game. How many thought that would be the case a few weeks ago? Not me, for sure!

Could not disagree more. I think Pearson is a fantastic player in the middle at this level. He has chipped in with goals, has a real attacking impetus, he has a good understanding with Stead which can be built upon, he hurries their players on the ball, and plays the simple ball rather than extravagance.

He would be one of the first names on my teamsheet and would certainly look to tie him down.

For me he does everything Marvin Elliot did in terms of box to box aggression but he offers much more technically.

He's weak, cant tackle and wins nothing in the air- how that is like Marv i do not know!

Also gets bypassed way too often for a centre midfielder.

Ok for a team battling against relegation, not good enough if your looking for us to push up the table.

+2. A 'must have' next year.

Strange how we all see things differently.

He's weak, cant tackle and wins nothing in the air- how that is like Marv i do not know!

Also gets bypassed way too often for a centre midfielder.

Ok for a team battling against relegation, not good enough if your looking for us to push up the table.

Granted aerially he does not win as much as Marv, but I would say that when he does win the ball in the air at least he can direct a header (how many corners etc does Marv connect with only to fly over the bar or wide?!).

We will have to agree to disagree re him being weak in the tackle. But even if so, he is in the face of the opposition more often than most and forces a lot of errors.

Yep. I'm with you. I feel much more confident in the team with him in it.

I think we may have Del as long as until West Brom or Rangers come calling (so they both have a new fan in me!). After that who knows, perhaps Doc may want to step up to management?

DMC has taken the trouble to really "get it" about BCFC - a "Proper Football Club" as he described us recently.

I think he and Doc are going to be with us for some years to come.

In fact I would go so far to say that after he takes us up to the Prem (probably not next season, but the one after that) he will (eventually) be as good and as well respected as his fellow Scotsman - Sir Alex.

OK, I have had a few celebratory drinks after today, but I do seriously think we are being managed by a class act who will be up there in the top level of football managers quite soon.

In case you disagree, just look at the quality of his loan signings this season and his generally very savvy substition choices and timings. I know some subs are forced through injury (e.g Skuse today) but mainly his tactics have been spot on.

Good On Yer Derek (as we say down south). A win up at Burnley would just put the icing on the cake.

Not that it matters much now.

Archived