IGNORED

This Time Next Year, We'll Be......

Aipearcey

Looks like it will be very tough next season so 21st or above will do me. No idea where this delusional idea of play Offs comes from, we are a small Club by Championship standards and need a major overhaul, think we'll do well if we can hang around in mid table.

Looks like it will be very tough next season so 21st or above will do me. No idea where this delusional idea of play Offs comes from, we are a small Club by Championship standards and need a major overhaul, think we'll do well if we can hang around in mid table.

Luckily loads of players are out of contract in the summer, so whoever Del and Doc want to get rid of, they can. Now with 4 or 5 quality signings and good crowds I don't see why we can't get top half?

Championship next year will be incredibly tough.

We could conceivably have the three relegated teams from last year and the three teams from this year to contend with as well. Birmingham, West Ham, Blackpool, Wolves, Bolton & Blackburn will all be fighting for the playoffs at least. Throw teams like Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Hull and Leeds into the mix and you have ten teams who have real top-half/playoff pedigree. Then, teams coming up have good momentum - there's always one or two surprises.

I have been very impressed with City at the end of this season, and it seems to have come together at the right time. However, there's a long way to go before we can talk about the playoffs yet. If we can battle for a finish between 10th and 14th, I'd be delighted.

On a separate note - could this season be one of the first times where all 3 relegated teams have stayed in the Championship, and all three promoted teams have stayed up in the Premier League? Can't remember any other occasions and is a real possibility this season.

The thought of the delusional idea of the playoffs as so put will come from the whole club being positive for an entire season. Perhaps you would like to come and join us Mr Chappers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good mid table position would be good if we can see where the squad is heading. I trust Del to do that. My only concern is the lack of patience and realism amongst the support. People say they are happy with 12th/13th but then expect us to win every week. Support like the last 3 home games for the whole season would be the biggest achievement.

Next season will be the biggest re-build this club has seen for a very long time and is long overdue. Bearing that in mind, consolidation should be the main objective, while keeping comfortably clear of the relegation scrap.

After a season getting some solid foundations in place with a hopefully young and hungry squad established and we can then start looking to higher things for 2013-14.

Anything better would be a massive bonus, but unlikely I think.

The thought of the delusional idea of the playoffs as so put will come from the whole club being positive for an entire season. Perhaps you would like to come and join us Mr Chappers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah but neing a pessemist, you are less likely to be disappointed. Being positive is fine, but if expectations are not met, fans become very fickle and disappointed. We have just scraped away from relegation, need a major overhaul, have to get the youth set up right, and cannot compete financially with the bigger clubs. Maybe a slow rebuilding will be better than the usual mess of chucking money at very ordinary players and expecting instant success.

Archived