IGNORED

The Planning Starts Now.

Brizzle Jordan

Congratulations and a big well done to Del, Doc and the rest of the backroom staff. Jim McIntyre and Nigel Spink look to have been very clever additions. Hopefully we can keep Jim and Nigel for another season as the backroom staff looks very good for once!

Next season it is vital we aren't in a similar situation where we are down the bottom of the league from day 1.

A good pre-season is what we haven't really had for a few years so hopefully that gets sorted to give us the chance to start the season well.

Biggest challenge facing Del will be trimming the squad down to around 23-25 players and bringing in 6 or 7 quality players to make us a force. What positions do we need to strengthen? He could do with getting Kalifa Cisse to sign a new deal aswell!

I think a goalkeeper would be a welcome addition if David James is deemed to old to play another season. Players like Jack Butland on loan (should Birmingham get promoted) would be a good bit of business imo.

A left full back is vital as we haven't had a good player in this position for a few years now. Paul Dixon of Dundee Utd is highly rated and would be a great signing, also Joe Skarz of Bury would be a shrewd addition.

The Centre Back area of recent weeks has looked very strong since the loan arrival of Amougou who is out of contract at the end of the season, but people have raised the likelihood that he will become average again once he has a permanent contract. However as he would be a free transfer I think he would be a very decent signing.

The biggest thing we lack in midfield is creativity, we all thought Kilkenny would be the answer but he most certainly hasn't, this area needs to be addressed for sure. Also a left winger would be a good addition as we look very weak in this department.

Finally we lack pace upfront with only Stead and Pitman are 'Championship' strikers. Neither of these have pace and if Del sticks with 4-4-2 next year we need a quick striker who can get in behind and benefit from Stead's flick ons.

I for one cannot wait for the summer to see what develops and who departs. I am hopeful atleast 8 of our fringe players move on to lower the wage bill that can be utilized on new blood. If we strengthen enough who's to say we couldn't challenge for the play-offs?

Football is a funny game and anything can happen! Del Boys Cider Army!!

Next season it is vital we aren't in a similar situation where we are down the bottom of the league from day 1.

Del said in his on pitch interview with Adam that he won't want to be in this situation next season

I for one cannot wait for the summer to see what develops and who departs. I am hopeful atleast 8 of our fringe players move on to lower the wage bill that can be utilized on new blood. If we strengthen enough who's to say we couldn't challenge for the play-offs?

This summer will be the most interesting one for as long as I can remember with so much movement out and in. Who McInnes brings in will tell us just how he plans to make City into a force next season. It will be a crucial time.

Archived