IGNORED

The Jurys In

bs3

I and many others were saying that the Jury was still out about Del a few months ago.

I have a couple of mates who are very close to what is happening at the club and have met Del on a few occasions and was telling me that he was the real deal and the players and thought that as well. I was unsure and I was only judging on what I saw on the pitch.

Well the jury is now in. And he was successful in the task he was brought in for . So well done Del.

After listen to Del interview last night I was really impressed I know it's easy to talk a good game but in modern terminology he gets IT.

What is required is for the owner to back him in summer something he didn't do with KM last year and we could start to move forward again and then who knows what can happen.

So the ball is in SL court now .

Del as proved himself ! Come on Steve back him in the summer and yours and all are dreams might just might come true.

I and many others were saying that the Jury was still out about Del a few months ago

Del as proved himself ! Come on Steve back him in the summer and yours and all are dreams might just might come true.

He's proved that he can keep a largely average bunch of players in the Championship, thats all. He's had to play a cautious game with one up front on many occaisions and he hasn't had the chance to show just how offensive he would choose to be given the right players. My fear is that he'll continue to be cautious regardless of what resources he has. We saw enough of going a goal up and then defending in the past.

The real test for McInnes is who he keeps and who he signs over the summer.

He's proved that he can keep a largely average bunch of players in the Championship, thats all.

What a moronic statement. We had 6 points out of 12 games under Millen. We then had Brum at home in his first so it's fair to write that off.

He took a squad of POOR championship players who were completely flat and demoralized (giving away a two goal home lead and then losing 5 nil) and got them safe in the Championship with a game and points to spare.

He has done nothing short of marvelous work.

He's proved that he can keep a largely average bunch of players in the Championship, thats all. He's had to play a cautious game with one up front on many occaisions and he hasn't had the chance to show just how offensive he would choose to be given the right players. My fear is that he'll continue to be cautious regardless of what resources he has. We saw enough of going a goal up and then defending in the past.

And that will be determind by the budget he given to spend by SL.

There was no money for KM last summer maybe Lansdown didn't trust his judgement ?

Lansdown must see that DM is the man to take us forward and must back him if we are to progress .

What a moronic statement. We had 6 points out of 12 games under Millen. We then had Brum at home in his first so it's fair to write that off.

He took a squad of POOR championship players who were completely flat and demoralized (giving away a two goal home lead and then losing 5 nil) and got them safe in the Championship with a game and points to spare.

He has done nothing short of marvelous work.

Thanks for the insult........ :facepalm:

Who knows whether Millen would have turned it around and done that same job as McInnes has? McInnes had a 12 game period during the season when he managed just 6 points as well so I don't see anything 'marvelous' about keeping us the Championship.

Who knows whether Millen would have turned it around and done that same job as McInnes has? McInnes had a 12 game period during the season when he managed just 6 points as well so I don't see anything 'marvelous' about keeping us the Championship.

An insult would have been to call you a prat! I insulted the post not the poster as we are told to do.

If you don't see anything marvelous about what he has done you should have a word with yourself and expectations.

He has rejuvinised the backroom staff, he has the players playing as a team, he has recruited well, and he has the backing of the players and unlike Millen, he has the backing of the fans.

Millen had his chance, he had a summer to train the squad and to build it in his image, and from the off he failed.

Del was given a very tough task in keeping us up and he has passed with flying colours.

Are you really a City fan? Or just a troll or a Rovers fan . I have been critical of some of Del team selections etc. However I must hold my hand up and congratulate Del on a job well done.

Milen was a terrible manager not help by the owner, Del came in and under very differcult circumstances done a good job.

Why are you so ungracious just be decent enough to say well done to Del the players.

An insult would have been to call you a prat! I insulted the post not the poster as we are told to do.

If you don't see anything marvelous about what he has done you should have a word with yourself and expectations.

He has rejuvinised the backroom staff, he has the players playing as a team, he has recruited well, and he has the backing of the players and unlike Millen, he has the backing of the fans.

Millen had his chance, he had a summer to train the squad and to build it in his image, and from the off he failed.

Del was given a very tough task in keeping us up and he has passed with flying colours.

But you actually called him a moron!!! To say it was a moronic statement means you think it was said by a moron. QED.

But I agree Del has done well, and I don't think Millen would have achieved anywhere near the performances we have seen in the last few weeks.

This is what I am most excited about, he seems to know when he's found a good player. Hopefully he can bring in the right numbers to make us a force.

But you actually called him a moron!!! To say it was a moronic statement means you think it was said by a moron. QED.

But I agree Del has done well, and I don't think Millen would have achieved anywhere near the performances we have seen in the last few weeks.

I think he was saying he doens't disagree with the poster, just with what he's saying.

I cannot believe the negativity of some people on here. I've always sensed that there's a few people that get out a kick out of misery and love a 12 game period with a 6 point return, I've even seen it during a game, the wrong time to get on the players' backs, on here I guess its slightly more acceptable.

Every team has to go through a period of reshuffling, the players that took us up couldn't offer the club any more so changes have been made and we've survived it.

This is why I think that this is a greater achievement than the promotion into this league.

Here's to the next 6 seasons. :city:

Why are you so ungracious just be decent enough to say well done to Del the players.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts from yesterday. You wouldn't say I was ungracious if you had.

I'm just not convinced yet that McInnes will prove to be the messiah some think he already is. He still has much to prove imo. Keeping City up is one thing, building a new side capable of becoming a serious force in the Championship is quite another.

To be honest your right, it was a (thinly) veiled shield to the predictable insult cries.

However, I honestly believe that he would have preferred us to be relegated to support his blind pro-millen stance. The fact that we have stayed up allows him to then hide behind the 'we don't know what Millen would have done' argument when the fact is Millen showed no signs of improvement or of improving the squad.

Millen had long enough at the club to identify it's issues, and even if he did identify them, he could not put them right.

Del came in and has since radically changed our backroom staff and has kept us up. He now has the chance to do the same with the playing staff, and to belittle the great work he has done so far is incomprehensible (IMO).

. Keeping City up is one thing, building a new side capable of becoming a serious force in the Championship is quite another.

Funny that, you seemed delighted Millen managed us to survival last season, and ignored that he clearly proved incapable of building a side to become a force in the Championship.

Del has shown in his short career, and in his short time here, that he can coach players to improve and to become more effective. He has also shown shrewd signs in the transfer market.

Yes true who knows whether Millen would have done it but the point was the fans were fast losing faith in him. In this league you can't afford to keep a manager most of the fans are turning against and who is failing to amass more than 6 points in 12 games. It was a risk we couldn't afford to take. We made a risk in getting rid and another risk in appointing a young manager but as of right now, it's a risk that appears to be paying off.

In my eyes he has done a fantastic job keeping us up, which was his remit, and agree with the original poster he deserves some backing in the transfer market as a result.

I also admire how Del is realistic in his expectations. No rash talk of promotion next season, just steady progressive building that will keep our squad strong and able to challenge consistently in a few years.

You can never know for sure about Millen but I think it is very doubtful he would have kept us up. With 6 points from 13 games or whatever it was, we looked doomed.

Del has done well to keep us up but the jury will be out for a while yet as stage 2 in the job starts after Burnley with so many leaving/out of contract.

I haven't been that impressed with his recruits so far to be honest but I do think he utilised the squad well in the run-in.

Just as Danny Wilson's disregard for Lita's potential cost him his job, so Millen's apparent dislike of Cisse cost him his.

Keith just couldn't see that the defence were constantly in danger of collapse because they had no-one in front of them who could hold the ball up.

Yes true who knows whether Millen would have done it but the point was the fans were fast losing faith in him. In this league you can't afford to keep a manager most of the fans are turning against and who is failing to amass more than 6 points in 12 games. It was a risk we couldn't afford to take. We made a risk in getting rid and another risk in appointing a young manager but as of right now, it's a risk that appears to be paying off.

In my eyes he has done a fantastic job keeping us up, which was his remit, and agree with the original poster he deserves some backing in the transfer market as a result.

I also admire how Del is realistic in his expectations. No rash talk of promotion next season, just steady progressive building that will keep our squad strong and able to challenge consistently in a few years.

Agree 100%.

From day one Millen never had the full support of the fans despite a decent enough first season. The poor pre-season and even worse start to the league campaign saw the knives out in full and his demise was inevitable.

McInness immediately saw that the squad wasn't balanced or strong enough and his excellent dealings in the loan market have been a large factor in City staying up.

• Admin

If we win the first game of next season, it will be progress :laugh: We've lost 3-0 on the opening day of the last 2 seasons at home. Such an awful start.

Here & now before any fixtures are announced I will snap anyones hand off for an opening day draw next season.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts from yesterday. You wouldn't say I was ungracious if you had.

I'm just not convinced yet that McInnes will prove to be the messiah some think he already is. He still has much to prove imo. Keeping City up is one thing, building a new side capable of becoming a serious force in the Championship is quite another.

But do you not think that survival this season and success the next are totally different jobs? I'm not sure that we can judge next season directly on this seasons results, more on some of the signs that are there. Del has shown glimpses of being very savvy both tactically and in the transfer market and seems to have learnt from his mistakes. What he has that we haven't seen in a City manager in a long while is a ruthless streak; too much loyalty to individuals is probably what did for Wilson, Johnson and Millen in the end and I think Del won't make that mistake. He may turn out to be more of a very naughty boy than a messiah, but I think the signs are good

It must actually be a fairly unique position for a manager to be able to shed over half a squad and rebuild almost from scratch

What is required is for the owner to back him in summer something he didn't do with KM last year

Milen was a terrible manager not help by the owner,

And that will be determind by the budget he given to spend by SL.

There was no money for KM last summer maybe Lansdown didn't trust his judgement ?

Lansdown must see that DM is the man to take us forward and must back him if we are to progress .

I think it's a bit unfair with all the digs at Lansdown.

The bloke is trying to run this club on a sensible financial footing, underwriting the considerable losses with his own money.

We don't have parachute payments like a lot of the other clubs in this division, and we aren't in the same dire finacial straits as Portsmouth, Cardiff etc.

He has backed every manager with money, be it in transfer fees or wages for loan players.

Whether the managers have spent that money wisely is another matter.

When we had a squad as big as we did, I don't think it was unreasonable to say that there needed to be a limit to the wages budget, and that players needed to be moved out before others came in.

After all the pot is not unlimited.

You can think want you want but Keith Milen was hung out to dry by Lansdown.

Who did we bring in last summer when everyone could see we needed to strengthen .

What would have been the cost to the club if we got relegated ?

Del was able to bring in new players but KM was not able to do this. Having a big squad help us stay up , after the Forest game we were able to make 4 or 5 changes for Coventry and having fresh players made a big difference during that match .

I think it's a bit unfair with all the digs at Lansdown.

The bloke is trying to run this club on a sensible financial footing, underwriting the considerable losses with his own money.

We don't have parachute payments like a lot of the other clubs in this division, and we aren't in the same dire finacial straits as Portsmouth, Cardiff etc.

He has backed every manager with money, be it in transfer fees or wages for loan players.

Whether the managers have spent that money wisely is another matter.

When we had a squad as big as we did, I don't think it was unreasonable to say that there needed to be a limit to the wages budget, and that players needed to be moved out before others came in.

After all the pot is not unlimited.

Just as well! Your track record of rating managers and your expectations of our managers is nothing short than utter shit. If you're saying you're not convinced then City fans can feel very excited about our future.

You just described your mate Millen, cautious, one up front etc. but the last sentence is the most revealing and that is where Millen was absolutely useless, he wasn't man enough to farm anyone out on loan and most of his signings were either crap or crap and not addressing the positions that needed addressing and that is almost certainly why he will never manage another league side again just like your other over rated mate Tinnion.

Who did we bring in last summer when everyone could see we needed to strengthen .

Neil Kilkenny

Ryan Taylor

Martyn Woolford

Yannick Bolasie

Ryan McGivern (Loan)

Jordan Spence (Loan)

Six more players on the wage bill.

They were Millen's choice.

Not convinced yet.

have to say,del picked some awful teams and was never sure of his team week to week ,in my mind he is confident and seems to know what he wants but took right up to the last few months to get to grips with the championship. I think it was a better standard than he was ready for after scots league. And frankley the chips were down with 6 or 7 games left and he dug in rotated very well and pulled it off cant deny it, the fact that he realised james killkenny pitts etc were just not doing it and left them out speaks volumes for him , A clean sheet to start next year and a pre season with new blood is quite exciting . i feel more confident about del now but it took the last 7 games to sway me .

To be completely fair to Del, he's already proved with St Johnstone that he has the ability to build and manage a team at the right end of the table .... albeit in Scotland.

Not only has he now taken on a club in England for the first time, he's also found himself in his first relegation battle as a manager. Fair enough he had a dodgy spell in the middle of the season, but he proved he could steady the ship and squeeze out the performances needed to haul us over the line with a game to spare.

Next season should take him into more familiar territory, when he can start building his own side, which he has already done very successfully in Scotland. He's passed his first test, so what is there to say he won't rise to this next challenge?

Archived