IGNORED

Euro 2012

MoscowCider

With the huge relief of survival achieved, we can soon look forward to (after the Burnley game!) the relaxation of watching England under achieve in the Euro's again!!. This isn't an England bashing thread, I know a lot, like me would put City ahead of England every time. It is mearly a thread to see if any fellow City fans will be about to have a sing-along with in the Ukraine (to start with!).

With the huge relief of survival achieved, we can soon look forward to (after the Burnley game!) the relaxation of watching England under achieve in the Euro's again!!. This isn't an England bashing thread, I know a lot, like me would put City ahead of England every time. It is mearly a thread to see if any fellow City fans will be about to have a sing-along with in the Ukraine (to start with!).

Summer will be brilliant. Olympics, Euro's and seeing who City sign and sell.

Hopefully the weather is good too.

I for one would rather have Pardew over Redknapp for the Euros at least if the FA insist on having an English manager. If not they should try and get Jose IMO.

I feel Pardew has proven on merit that he's the best current English manager if things stay as they are with Newcastle finishing above Spurs. To get Newcastle into the Champions League with a smaller budget and more more unfancied side in Newcastle is a huge achievement and for me Redknapp flatters to deceive. The really great manager's teams (Sir Alex, Jose, even Wenger) don't tend to fall away in the same way Spurs have done this season. This is what divides a good manager from a great one.

IMO unfortunately we don't have any "great" English managers at the moment but Pardew is impressing me this season. I am not however expecting anything great of England this year! Cue them to surprise us all!

I for one would rather have Pardew over Redknapp for the Euros at least if the FA insist on having an English manager. If not they should try and get Jose IMO.

I feel Pardew has proven on merit that he's the best current English manager if things stay as they are with Newcastle finishing above Spurs. To get Newcastle into the Champions League with a smaller budget and more more unfancied side in Newcastle is a huge achievement and for me Redknapp flatters to deceive. The really great manager's teams (Sir Alex, Jose, even Wenger) don't tend to fall away in the same way Spurs have done this season. This is what divides a good manager from a great one.

IMO unfortunately we don't have any "great" English managers at the moment but Pardew is impressing me this season. I am not however expecting anything great of England this year! Cue them to surprise us all!

Pardew needs to prove himself over a longer period and Jose has already ruled it out. Only wants to manage Portugal at that level. I think we are stuck with Harry personally.

Pardew needs to prove himself over a longer period and Jose has already ruled it out. Only wants to manage Portugal at that level. I think we are stuck with Harry personally.

Amazing. Vast majority (although I know that may not include you) wanted Harry two months ago. Now a lot of people seem not to.

Yet another example of the short-sighted, fickle, football fan. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Amazing. Vast majority (although I know that may not include you) wanted Harry two months ago. Now a lot of people seem not to.

Yet another example of the short-sighted, fickle, football fan. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I would be all for Harry, I rate him highly. I want English and he seems to be the best we have so it has to be him.

The thought of twitchy managing England because of his boyfriends in the press is sickening.

Bit gutted though, been planning for this Euros since they won the bid, then a stork delivered a package. No risk of me doing any championships for a few years, so will watch from a Villa in Portugal while keeping an eye on flight prices from Faro and Lisbon.....

http://uk.eurosport....ip-ukraine.html

England could play their Euro 2012 matches in front of half-empty stadiums due to extortionate hotel prices in Ukraine.

According to the Daily Telegraph, a one-star hotel in Donetsk, where England face France on June 11, is asking for £1,000 a night, while even guest houses 35 miles away are looking for £240 per person per night.

Meanwhile; http://uk.eurosport.... ... 25063.html

Football hooligans looking to cause trouble at this year's Euro 2012 tournament better tread carefully if they are in Ukraine: the hosts have called in a quartet of fighter jets to help quell any disorder.

The Russian-built MiG 29s - each packing 30mm cannons and air-to-air missiles - will be deployed to the football tournament for the duration to counter any extreme troublemaking.

And just in case the 1,5000mph jets aren't enough, there will also be a pair of helicopter gunships on hand to help keep the peace.

If Redknapp wins the Euros without losing a match I will not want him.

If Redknapp wins the 2014 World Cup having conceded no goals in tournament or in qualifying I will not want him.

Can we get over this media obsessed "we all want Harry" nonsense.

If Redknapp wins the 2014 World Cup having conceded no goals in tournament or in qualifying I will not want him.

What a stupid post. If we win the world cup you will not want him. Get a grip.

Right, that's a slightly ludicrous post.

Surely the whole aim of an international manager is to win the tournaments, and in particular the world cup. So if Harry wins the world cup, surely he's done a great job & was and is the perfect man? If not, then there really is no pleasing you...

What a stupid post. If we win the world cup you will not want him. Get a grip.

Perhaps I realise there's more to life than winning? :dunno:

Redknapp is the least of our problems I guess. I don't want England to win with a thug, multiple adulterer, granny shagger and serial liar playing for us.

Most of all though I don't want England to win with a criminal fraudster with highly dubious financial dealings in charge.

Right, that's a slightly ludicrous post.

Surely the whole aim of an international manager is to win the tournaments, and in particular the world cup. So if Harry wins the world cup, surely he's done a great job & was and is the perfect man? If not, then there really is no pleasing you...

See above. Most of Harry's clubs end up bust. What a strange coincidence.

Redknapp is the least of our problems I guess. I don't want England to win with a thug, multiple adulterer, granny shagger and serial liar playing for us.

Most of all though I don't want England to win with a criminal fraudster with highly dubious financial dealings in charge.

1. In football it's all about winning 2. How is he a thug? 3. he's been cleared of his tax issues.

So your post is utter fiction.

How is he a criminal fraudster?

He only spends what he's allowed. Not his fault he has had reckless chairmen.

City as always will be well represented in Ukraine.

Kiev is a great city and the draw means we will be hopping between there and the place with the long word beginning with D till we come home.

I would be all for Harry, I rate him highly. I want English and he seems to be the best we have so it has to be him.

Agree Completely. Remember where Tottenham were before he took over .... yeah bottom of the table .... now fighting for champions league spaces each season.

Some people have short memories.

I no longer live in the UK , so perhaps I Have a less media influenced view, but I have to agree with this post, The highlighted bit anyway.

Again, how is he a criminal fraudster? Have I missed a guilty verdict I'm not aware of?

Sorry, I didn't mean "criminal fraudster" when I used those words. I can lie to OTIB. It's only the police I have to be honest with.

I meant to use the words "a character with no evidence whatsoever of taking money in illegal practices".

I'll be working in Olsztyn, Northern Poland.......but I haven't a clue where Ukraine is from there. I'll check with the Polish lads in case it's do-able

Head south, past the ring road of Warsaw, if you can call it that, keep heading south then, after about 4 hours of slow arduous driving trying to overtake loads of slow trucks head south east. if you see signs for Bilgoraj and start seeing Ukrainian trucks you know you are getting close. Be prepared for a 3 hour wait at the border so have a sleeping bag, flask of tea or coffee and some mags to read. You'll soon be in Lviv and cheap Vodka. I love Poland but it'll take another 50 years of road building before it resembles a connected territory. As for Ukraine?... its like going back another fifty years.

Archived