IGNORED

Happy St Georges Day To My Fellow Englishmen.

dafarms

Have a great St Georges Day, my fellow Bristolians

'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry God for Harry, England and St George!'.

I am off for a pub crawl with my old man, brother and a few good friends to celebrate, ( I book this day off, every year) If you can, get yourselves down the Three Lions, for another great celebration.

British by birth,

English by the grace of God.

Enjoy.

I am off for a pub crawl with my old man, brother and a few good friends to celebrate, ( I book this day off, every year) If you can, get yourselves down the Three Lions, for another great celebration.

British by birth,

Enjoy.

Enjoy mucker

British by birth,

Enjoy.

Bloody racist, how dare you celebrate your Englishness, in England.....

Have a good day, and have a cider for me bud

I flew my St George cross from my car window all the way in to work this morning......and guess what....I was the only one I saw!

Enjoy the day fellow patriots

Hooray for Henry!.....and St George!

Unfortunately most people will be completely unaware that today is anything special, until they flick the tv on etc.

Was St.George English? Shakespear's birthday today, now that definitely is a need for celebration

Happy birthday Shakespeare - as good a reason as any I can think of for a national holiday. Sadly for him, 23 April is also the the best estimate of the day he died. Unfortunately history doesn't record whether he'd opended his presents when he died.

Happy St. George's Day from your neighbours across the Irish Sea.

(And indeed happy St. George's day to everyone from Georgia, Eygpt, Bulgaria, Romania, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine and Russia who also celebrate St. George as a patron. Four of them could fly the St. George's flag at the Euro 2012 finals!!!)

Happy St. George's Day from your neighbours across the Irish Sea.

(And indeed happy St. George's day to everyone from Georgia, Eygpt, Bulgaria, Romania, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine and Russia who also celebrate St. George as a patron. Four of them could fly the St. George's flag at the Euro 2012 finals!!!)

+ 1.

From an Irishman (and proud father of three Bristolian season ticket holders) living in Bristol. You really should get that Bank Holiday sorted.

....or in Alfred's case, 'make and bake'.

ha ha, even funnier if there was any truth in the "Burning cakes" story, complete rubbish from the stuff I've read - a nice story though!

Still the Greatest Englishman that ever lived in my opinion. In fact the Welsh & Scots should be thankful also as without him their countries wouldn't even exist.

I'd luv to see it change but I'm sure our European masters would get involved and prevent it. Thinking about it, the Welsh & Scots would be able to have their say as well - Alfred would be ashamed!

Archived