IGNORED

Terry Connor

Super

yeah he looked devastated. if they were going to sack McCarthy they should have been sure they could get someone else in. Terry Connor was never going to change anything as he was part of the McCarthy set up. If he thought his coaching techniques and tactics were right when McCarthy was there then presumably he'd still think theyre right when he wasnt. May as well have kept McCarthy

I thought he was gonna burst into tears during the interview, poor git! Wasn't he appointed as a last resort aswel, after they failed to get pretty much every manager available? Ridiculous decision by the club

Yes, who on earth would get rid of a manager and promote the 2nd in command, receipe for disaster if you ask me !

He didn't have much of a choice as everyone turned wolves down no body wanted the job,

I felt for him yesterday

Steve Bruce had an interview and wanted the job which makes it an even more strange decision to give it to Terry Connor.

Thankless task for a decent man. Wolves board mightily c*cked up by firstly sacking MM and secondly not having identified his replacement. Got what they deserved; unfortunately that means we'll have to put up with the plastic Brummies' next season, with their "Big Club" attitudes. Hopefully our mascot will kick the living sh17 out of theirs this time :D

I felt for him as well. It was clear to everyone watching that interview how much the club means to him. Sacking Mick was an absolutely ridiculous decision, now they're down and there'll be a lot of uncertainty about the place. I think they'd have gone down anyway, but at least they'd have had a manager who knows how to get a team out of the second tier in place.

Ah, cannot do anything but abuse. You're one of them ar you. This forum is definitely a better place for people like you. Well done.

What you said about Terry Connor was just a bit of a harsh comment. Put yourself in his position, he is known to be an assistant manager not a Manager. He got the job because he loves the club obviously, he just wanted to give it his best shot, he didn't do very well, it's hardly his fault that the team weren't good enough in the first place. He was upset because the club he obviously loves got relegated and he felt it was all his fault, where in my eyes they were a sinking ship in the first place.

Not really much he could do. Someone's got to go down and this year, Wolves are just one of them. Getting rid of McCarthy was stupid but I still think they'd have had a hard job staying up. It's just football.

Felt for the guy during those interviews though for sure.

What you said about Terry Connor was just a bit of a harsh comment. Put yourself in his position, he is known to be an assistant manager not a Manager. He got the job because he loves the club obviously, he just wanted to give it his best shot, he didn't do very well, it's hardly his fault that the team weren't good enough in the first place. He was upset because the club he obviously loves got relegated and he felt it was all his fault, where in my eyes they were a sinking ship in the first place.

That's fine. I respect your opinion. I don't think I was being harsh but there you go.

No need for the abuse though.

People like you ruin forums .. just come on here to troll..

Forums are a place to discuss and give opinions on varying subjects.

Can't quite see how RedDave is ruining the forum, just because he has a different opinion.

I'm pretty certain Terry Connor accepted the position with eyes wide open.

Life is harsh, but I'm sure his remuneration softens his hurt.

The thing is when he got the job, under McCarthy they'd been on a shocking run- something like 3 wins since the 2nd game of the season with 0 clean sheets since the 3rd one. Clearly he was not the right choice, thought so at the time and they needed a fresh impetus- Bruce and Megson had been linked, as had Benitez. The latter was perhaps unrealistic and the first two, well their football isn't great but they're experienced battlers and they may have been able to inspire some kinda great escape.

The other myth was that Wolves under McCarthy were somehow performing miracles by scrapping 17th and maybe looking like doing so again at times under him this year. Well at the time of the sacking they were below: Swansea, Norwich, QPR, Blackburn who were hindered by Kean and continual sales of good players since 08: Friedel, Jones, Warnock, Santa Cruz amongst others yielding a transfer profit of £30m+ since summer 08. WBA had also spent less and McCarthy despite NET spending maybe £40 odd million in 2.5 seasons had made NO progress pts/games ratio etc since 1st season. Right decision to sack McCarthy, the error was getting no suitable replacement in I'd say. Both McCarthy and Connor seem genuinely nice blokes mind.

Terry Connor played for City I remember we paid quite a bit for him from Swansea and as often happens he was injured almost straight away...nothing new there then!

Yep, that was a shame.

Nearly as many appearances in the team photo as on the pitch.

Archived