IGNORED

Who Do You Want To Win The Play Offs, And Why?

North London Red

Hopefully Boro sneak in at Cardiff's expense this Saturday and then go on and win them as that removes a long distance away trip and I quite like Mowbray. If that doesn't happen then I would have to go for Birmingham as I wouldn't be able to watch Blackpool (Holloway), West Ham (Maynard) or Cardiff (Cardiff) achieve promotion.

As for League 1, anybody but MK Dons for me, although ideally Stevenage as it would be a new ground to go to and you would have to expect them to struggle in this league.

Blackpool for me, only to see the dissapointment on Holloway's face again when they relegated again

Thinking about it how many teams has he been responsible for getting relegated?

I make it QPR & Gas (Same season), Plymouth, Leicester, Blackpool - Bloke is a Jona!

I want Sheff Utd and Weds to come up, proper football clubs. Both likely to bring good followings to Ashton gate. I've no time for MK Franchise, I hope they go nowhere as a club.

I want big clubs in the Championship so I would love Aston Villa to come down and I would be happy to lose Boro via the play offs. Blackpool is a good weekend, can't wish Cardiff to get promoted, Brum is local and they bring a good following and West Ham is a big match home and away to enjoy.

That would be the double whammy of goodness :fingerscrossed:

As much as I'd like to see Cardiff drop out and Boro sneak in, there's something about seeing Cardiff **** it up every year that I love, Cardiff v Brum final and Brum to go up, 'We saw you cry on the tele!'

Championship - Birmingham, by process of elimination (don't want to see Holloway or Cardiff go up, and would rather keep West Ham as one of the London away days. If Middlesbrough squeeze in past Cardiff I wouldn't mind seeing them with the play offs).

League 1 - Stevenage. Would give us a new ground to visit and without wishing to sound disrespectful, they'd probably be more likely to struggle in the Championship (and therefore fill one of the three relegation places) than the Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield or MK Dons.

forgeting for a minute who you want to go up, who do think beting wise.?

iv a feeling for blackpool,done it before, fancy mk dons look a realy good bet to me for div 1.

div2 would like to see torquay,if they dont make automatic. but southend coming strong,and sturrock took plymouth up from that league.

so for me its blackpool,mk dons, and southend,

waz reckon ?

forgeting for a minute who you want to go up, who do think beting wise.?

iv a feeling for blackpool,done it before, fancy mk dons look a realy good bet to me for div 1.

div2 would like to see torquay,if they dont make automatic. but southend coming strong,and sturrock took plymouth up from that league.

so for me its blackpool,mk dons, and southend,

waz reckon ?

Always very tough to call the play off winners but if I had to I'd go for West Ham in the Championship - they've got several 'big game' players and in recent years, 3rd place has statistically been most successful (I think it's four of the last seven seasons that the 3rd place team won the play offs). I'd put them as slight favourites ahead of Blackpool (very recent experience of winning the play offs on two separate occasions - once in L1, once in the Championship - plus they've got loads of goals in their team).

League 1 - depends on which Sheffield team finishes 3rd. If it's Wednesday I'd back them - they're unbeaten since Dave Jones took over and on a very good run of form, plus their huge support could be a big advantage. If it's Sheffield United, I wouldn't back them - consider the possible impact of recent events with the Evans case and the player being suspended for comments on Twitter, plus Danny Wilson's record in the play offs.

League 2 - agree with you, Southend probably worth a punt.

Cardiff for me. Good manager who. respects the opposition and has rebuilt the team.

I wouldn't mind Blackpool as they play good football.

Not Bham with that horrible offender King.

Definitely not fat Sam's Wham and his greedy side kick with the Bristolian accent

I would like to see Birmingham go up, Houghton has done a great job and deserves another go at the Prem after what happened at Newcastle and i would love them to beat WHAM in the final i really can't stand Gold & Sullivan.

But Gold & Sullivan owned Birmingham too, before they sold it to a man who is being done for fraud and money laundering.

I can understand your bitterness at once again having to watch the bigger clubs fight it out at the top :) Although escaping relegation must make this a successful season for you?

I think we'll probably drag ourselves over the line at Palace on Saturday with a draw. I doubt we'll get through the semis but even getting there this year will be a big achievement in view of the rebuilding job we had to do during the summer. If we manage to get to Wembley again then I wouldn't expect much so no tears from me I'm afraid, just another Wembley day out. But you never know :)

Wembley (and Millennium Stadium) 'days out' are absolutely crap unless you win.

Very expensive and excruciatingly disappointing, especially if your team don't perform on the big day.

No point in getting in to the play offs unless you end up winning them - otherwise it just extends the season and leaves you jaded for the next.

I don't wish success on any of the contenders but suspect West Ham are the most likely winners.

Disappointing at the time yes, but full of memories to savour. Don't you have any fond memories of Hull or BHA? Twice of the four times I've seen us at Wembley we were very firmly under-dogs which also makes it easier to swallow in the long-term.

I agree WHU are favourites on paper, although I am not convinced they won't just pip Soton on the last day. But I have a sneaky feeling Blackpool will do it again. Much as I'd like us to go up, I wouldn't begrudge them doing it in our place. I can understand why you might feel different obviously.

No good memories at all of Brighton or Hull. Brighton was one of the most unacceptable City performances I've ever seen, so much so it was the final straw for many City fans at the time. New Wembley was also a huge disappointment, so much so that I'm in no hurry to revisit it.

As far as I'm concerned Rovers will always be our main rivals, whichever divisions we're in. The intense dislike between City and Cardiff has died off considerably since the 70's & 80's.

I don't like Cardiff, of course, but I've certainly more reason to dislike lifelong Bristol City hater Hollowhead, and that greedy so and so Maynard, so would probably wish failure more on those 2 at the moment.

Archived