IGNORED

Spence And Amougou

Lew-T

I don't think you can aportion our level of change to one or two players, every single player to a man raised their game during the run in. but if i were to pick out some players these would be them.

Prehaps a bit of a unsung hero, Woolford, who with out particularly impressing footballing wise (although he had a couple of decent games) Ran his socks off forthe cause, harrassing chasing, not giving opponents time on the ball. This went a long way to protecting McGivern, who to be fair (and i am one of his harshest critics) Had a releatively decent run as well.

Skuse, bought Energy bite and goals when most needed, he seemd to drive us.

I think the Catalyst may have been the weekend we dropped into the bottom 3, it was the final wake up call.

Amougou bought some dominating nastiness at the back, and seemed tto drive us forward from the back. Now I don't really think he is as good as people make out, he makes a lot of mistakes, he did his bit for us, but there is no way i would want him as a permenant signing. he is not the consistant performer you need at the back, he can bee Awsome or a liability. For his short period with us, he was mostly Awsome, but signs of the big bloke with the bad decision making was starting to raise its head the more he played. Good signing for what we needed to do, not a long term signing. Hope he appears at Burnley so the fans can show him some appreciation.

For me probabbly the Biggest single influence to the cause was the dropping of James, When Gerks came in, and played a blinder against Forest, you could visibly see our leaky defence gain confidence, it was no surprise then that the defence started to move further forward during the run in. When you trust what is behind you, as a defence you can relax and take care of business while not feeloing on edge.

Lets not get carried away and lumber ourselves with another player past his sell by date....I think we were successful in those games despite Amougou not because of him.

In the 4 games I saw him perform ( didnt see the latest admittedly) he was decidedly average, no better no worse than the rest of the defensive squad. Shouted a lot but so does my missus and shes better at it and can actually pass a ball as well.

Im sure if Del thought he could make a significant difference at the back for us next season a bid will be going in for him in June.

But its like having a car on test drive...if you dont like it you just dont buy it.

Lets not get carried away and lumber ourselves with another player past his sell by date....I think we were successful in those games despite Amougou not because of him.

In the 4 games I saw him perform ( didnt see the latest admittedly) he was decidedly average, no better no worse than the rest of the defensive squad. Shouted a lot but so does my missus and shes better at it and can actually pass a ball as well.

Im sure if Del thought he could make a significant difference at the back for us next season a bid will be going in for him in June.

But its like having a car on test drive...if you dont like it you just dont buy it.

If he was "decidedly average" then the rest of the defence - Fonts included - was dire then, because Amougou shone out as the only man to win headers in our half, the only person with the physical presence not to be hustled off the ball and he did actually make some telling passes from defence. Aimless hoofs are not his style.

He's played for Cameroon - one of Africa's better sides - so he's no slouch.

If he was "decidedly average" then the rest of the defence - Fonts included - was dire then, because Amougou shone out as the only man to win headers in our half, the only person with the physical presence not to be hustled off the ball and he did actually make some telling passes from defence. Aimless hoofs are not his style.

I can only comment on what I saw with my own eyes. But if he is as good as you suggest then no doubt he will command a first team place for Burnley next season and they will offer him an improved contract .... so its all academic really.

Have to agree partly with Dave. He is not as good as people have made him out to be, we were that awful before anything better than what we had would look good.

Amougou was a good stop gap. But he is not all that, not permanent signing material. He in my mind would be like that signing (can't remember his name, midfielder) looked good on loan, poor when signed, got his contract job done. He has a history of doing it.

Clearly he has a talent, but he loses concentration, makes a lot of errors and has a history of not trying once signed.

For me thanks for the help, but no thank you for a permanent signing.

I can only comment on what I saw with my own eyes. But if he is as good as you suggest then no doubt he will command a first team place for Burnley next season and they will offer him an improved contract .... so its all academic really.

If Christian Ribiero is as good as you say , he'll get improved terms. !!

It's not quite that straight forward as you well know. Or should.

.... has a history of not trying once signed.

Not sure we can draw this conclusion from the word of one Burnley fan on here. There might be a myriad reasons why he didn't prosper at Turf Moor.

All, we can say is as soon as this international player arrived the goals against us per game column started tumbling.

Whilst I appreciate Amougou has done a sterling job during his load spell I'm sure Del will be casting his eyes over other centre half's before making up his mind on Andre. There are some decent players out of contract and this along with any money SL/CS make available will no doubt influence thing. I'm not totally against signing Andre Amougou or Pearson for that matter I'd prefer Del to examine alternatives and not just plump for the easy option of signing those who have played a short time for us.

Just out of interest I've found this site that give details of those out of contract this summer, not sure how accurate it is but maybe worth a glance

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB2_2012.html

Not sure we can draw this conclusion from the word of one Burnley fan on here. There might be a myriad reasons why he didn't prosper at Turf Moor.

All, we can say is as soon as this international player arrived the goals against us per game column started tumbling.

It isn't from one Burnley fan, but, I have just noticed what he posted here, Several Reading fans I know have said the same thing. Smoke and fire springs to mind. i know i will probabalt gwet teh marvin Elliot story batted back at me from some one.

of course it is a little harsh to judge, but supporters from his last two clubs have commented. Do you take a risk with someone that will take up a big chunk of wages. i think he will be too much of an expensive risk to take. There is a very good reason he hasn't been a regular for his parent club

Personally I would rather stear clear. He may sign and prove me completely wrongof course, but there is a massive judgement call to be made here if Del is interested

Have to agree partly with Dave. He is not as good as people have made him out to be, we were that awful before anything better than what we had would look good.

Amougou was a good stop gap. But he is not all that, not permanent signing material. He in my mind would be like that signing (can't remember his name, midfielder) looked good on loan, poor when signed, got his contract job done. He has a history of doing it.

Clearly he has a talent, but he loses concentration, makes a lot of errors and has a history of not trying once signed.

How could you forget Tony Dinning TRL?

As for Amougou, he's been a colossus for us, and perhaps Del is the manager who can get the best out of him consistently.

If City do want him it will be interesting to see how much competition there is for his signature.

A good sign would be quite a bit, but that probably means he'd be offered more elsewhere.

How could you forget Tony Dinning TRL?

As for Amougou, he's been a colossus for us, and perhaps Del is the manager who can get the best out of him consistently.

If City do want him it will be interesting to see how much competition there is for his signature.

A good sign would be quite a bit, but that probably means he'd be offered more elsewhere.

Ahhhhh Dinning, I tried to blank him from my mind! I think I need a lay down now!

If Christian Ribiero is as good as you say , he'll get improved terms. !!

It's not quite that straight forward as you well know. Or should.

With respect it is that straight forward...and whats it got to do with Ribeiro ? and why do you think he wants improved terms...do you know something we dont about next years retainees..??

With respect it is that straight forward...and whats it got to do with Ribeiro ? and why do you think he wants improved terms...do you know something we dont about next years retainees..??

Just pointing out that one man's Pele is another man's Pulis.

Great determination and winning mentality. The guy helped us stay up and we undefeated with him in the team. He obviously wanted to impress but it's a bit ungrateful to knock him. Gerken, Amougou, Skuse, and Stead provided a spine to the team all of them made a decisive difference. I'd sign him if wages were not too OTT.

Amougou has the ability to be a top class player. He was excellent in the Premier League (didn't give Rooney a kick when we beat Man Utd). However, he seemed to lose interest when we were relegated, which was particularly annoying as he was obviously signed on big wages (for us). Unfortunately, his problem is his lack of commitment, which will show once he has got a new contract somewhere.

Archived