IGNORED

Spence And Amougou

Lew-T

I imagine Stead would absolutely love it. Amougou is massively overrated.

Really? He has certainly done well during his time on loan. Perhaps it's a sign of how poor some of our defenders are if Amougou can look that good yet is overrated.

I've not seen much of him and have to make a judgement on what I saw on Saturday.

IMO he gets caught out far too often, not being aware opposition players around him. Holds on to the ball too long when there is a quick simple pass on.

I did, he walked past me and my cousin next to the store. He didn't look very happy at all for some reason.

Probably because he has wasted a season of his career sitting in the stands but then again part of that is his fault for putting in poor performances when given the chance.

BCAGFC

I've not seen much of him and have to make a judgement on what I saw on Saturday.

IMO he gets caught out far too often, not being aware opposition players around him. Holds on to the ball too long when there is a quick simple pass on.

thats because he played in midfield, when he's a natural defender

His positioning wasn't always spot on as the West Ham goal showed and his passing was often dodgy at best but he definately made a difference to City's defence as the goals against column shows. He was organising the others, pointing ,shouting and getting stuck right in. I enjoyed watching him play.

He's a natural leader and City don't have many of those.

Probably because he has wasted a season of his career sitting in the stands but then again part of that is his fault for putting in poor performances when given the chance.

BCAGFC

I agree he's probably not happy at not being played second part of the season, but I always thought Spence really cared for the club and so I thought he would be celebrating with the rest of the lads.

Also saw Ephraim leave in a white range rover, he didn't look too happy either and didn't stick around to congratulate the lads.

Biggest problem with loan signings is that they don't put all their heart into it, they mostly see it as a way to get into the squad at their own club. It's not always the case though, Wood has put his heart into every game - despite his slight lack of form in recent games.

he played 7 we lost 0. That stat says it all.

Indeed. I'd love to see him here next season.

Not, probably, the brightest spark in the team, but strong and confident and - yes! - we actually won some aerial battles with him on our back line.

His positioning wasn't always spot on as the West Ham goal showed and his passing was often dodgy at best but he definately made a difference to City's defence as the goals against column shows. He was organising the others, pointing ,shouting and getting stuck right in. I enjoyed watching him play.

He's a natural leader and City don't have many of those.

His passing was awful against Birmingham also. I feel that we got lucky with him. I'm sure a scout will have enough info on him if he started to play regularly for us.

I also don't agree on the leadership statement. Unless you count throwing your arms around like a toddler as leadership. I'd much prefer McManus who did look like a leader to me.

You cant really argue with the improvement in our 'goals against' column since he came into the side though...

In fairness, I can't. My worry is that he started well but then seemed to drop his performances at an alarming rate. However, as you say, goals against were much lower when he came in. I wonder though if this was a reflection of Gerken and Cisse also having a run in the team.

Typical OTIB, this guy comes in and adds an awesome presence to our defence. He was a part of our most successful defence for a long time at an extremely pressured period.

He may not be Franz Beckenbauer with his passing, and his positioning might be off on occasions, but if he had those qualities all of the time he would not be here.

This guy has experience in spades and clearly put it to use. He also showed versatility in playing as a holding midfielder. Fair enough he had his worst game for us, but against a lowly championship side (and let's not forget he is playing for one) he proved adequate.

To the comment that a scout would work him out - he's no spring chicken and he isn't new to the English game. But apart for a couple of mistakes, we saw none of this 'working out'.

We could do FAR worse than sign this guy, and whilst there are no doubt better defenders, circumstances make him a very sensible signing.

The guy isn't the messiah, and no-one is suggesting he is. He is more physical than finesse, and more gung-ho than considered. But that compliments Fonts well.

Archived