IGNORED

Next Seasons Captain?

Carey 6

Fontaine.

I believe he is good.

But the fact is you are so narrow minded and patronising.

I think you are a rovers fan trying to wind us up.

Has anyone met this bloke?

Can anyone be this retarded?

[FACT] >>>> Volta (18 February 1745 – 5 March 1827) was an Italian[1][2] physicist known especially for the invention of the battery in the 1800s.

Where are you going with this?

What do you notice about this whole thread......it's disagreeing with the real person in the know.

You lot dont think Fonts should be skip, fact is Del thinks he should be.....

You dont understand, from your "narrow minded" comments, to Joradan's ideal captain thoughts.....what you all say ust highlights how little you understand about the bigger picture, and how the world of football actually works.

I'm at a loss as to why Fontaine is captain.

The guy is quiet and panics under pressure which is the last thing you need as a leader on the pitch.

Looking at the team, I really can't see a captain amongst them - not one.

This for me also.

Would prefer a Shaun Taylor type who's vocal, an organiser, commands respect, warrior, yet a calming influence when necessary. So .... Any ideas for around 10k a week at under 1m notes? Me neither. Bollox.

What do you notice about this whole thread......it's disagreeing with the real person in the know.

You dont understand, from your "narrow minded" comments, to Joradan's ideal captain thoughts.....what you all say ust highlights how little you understand about the bigger picture, and how the world of football actually works.

Ok I think if you actually told us how it is you are in the know, we may believe you. Why don't you just tell us?

You dont understand, from your narrow minded comments, to Joradan's ideal captain thoughts.....what you all say ust highlights how little you understand about the bigger picture, and how the world of football actually works.

I think Fonts should be skip, so you are WRONG!

How is my comments narrow minded? I see both sides of the story. I disagree with Jordan but can see his points. You are narrow minded.

I do see the bigger picture, your picture is Fonts is captain he must be best.

So stop being a patronising little g*t and go watch Rovers .

Del picked Fontaine as captain. Correct. You say nobody can argue with that, how ironic when you've had a few posts disagreeing with team-selection.

I thought Del was the man in the know and what he thinks hes 100% spot on? Also how come you've not responded to my post about you not giving a toss what I say yet you quote me? You've got no answer for it?

That hole is getting deeper...

This for me also.

Would prefer a Shaun Taylor type who's vocal, an organiser, commands respect, warrior, yet a calming influence when necessary. So .... Any ideas for around 10k a week at under 1m notes? Me neither. Bollox.

If you disagree with Volta that is another person to add to the long list.

Volta, set up your own forum tbh.

OK Volta, let's give you the platform you crave.

No-one has denied that Fontaine is an admirable player who has had some very good performances for us.

BUT what qualities do you see in him that suggest to you that he should continue to be captain next season?

Please do not start your reply: "Because that's what Del thinks...."

If you think it's in his contract can you tell us your :source: ?

OK Volta, let's give you the platform you crave.

No-one has denied that Fontaine is an admirable player who has had some very good performances for us.

BUT what qualities do you see in him that suggest to you that he should continue to be captain next season?

Please do not start your reply: "Because that's what Del thinks...."

If you think it's in his contract can you tell us your :source: ?

Fonts is a quiet guy, he isn't one of those skips who shouts and screams.....but if you watch him closely, he DIRECTS others, and has a very cool head.....his performance at WestHam was one of his best displays where he completely commanded the side, he is very competant on the ball, very strong, and very consistant unlike the majority of our squad.

People forget that, during our darkest days this season, Fonts wasnt available......and when he was available he was immedietly linked with one of the top teams in the division.

Fonts has nothing in his contract about being captain, CS wouldn't be stupid enough to allow that and neither would Del......it was made clear to him by Del that his plans were for Fonts to lead the team, and it was clearly part of the selling process to ensure LF signed the deal

Fonts has nothing in his contract about being captain, CS wouldn't be stupid enough to allow that and neither would Del......it was made clear to him by Del that his plans were for Fonts to lead the team, and it was clearly part of the selling process to ensure LF signed the deal

This is what you dont understand. Opinion doesnt come into it. FACT is Fonts is captain, FACT is Fonts will stay captain as this was part of the deal to him signing a new deal (bet you didnt know that ey).

Bit of a contradiction there!

Fonts is a quiet guy, he isn't one of those skips who shouts and screams.....but if you watch him closely, he DIRECTS others, and has a very cool head.....his performance at WestHam was one of his best displays where he completely commanded the side, he is very competant on the ball, very strong, and very consistant unlike the majority of our squad.

People forget that, during our darkest days this season, Fonts wasnt available......and when he was available he was immedietly linked with one of the top teams in the division.

Wait, you said Del promised him the captaincy in his contract.

Volta, this hole is getting so deep.

Just give it a rest and admit you were in the wrong to state that everyone who disagrees with you is clueless.

I'm impressed he is tweeting whilst his team are playing Chelsea right?

Well with his knowledge of football he must be the Barca manager right?

Part of what deal? If it was part of the deal to get him to sign a new contract, it would be in the contract.

Duh.

Right, read what I put carefully.

Del wanted Fonts to sign a new deal, the main attraction being him as captain on the pitch. This is what Fonts was offered a new 2.5 year deal with the incentive of being Del's choice of skipper, this is a very large reason for why Fonts signed.

NO WAY was there anything in the contract stating Fonts MUST be captain, it was just made clear to him that that was the plan for Fonts and the club going forwards.

As I said, CS wouldn't allow that in a contract, and neither would Del expect it.....far too risky.

Archived