IGNORED

Next Seasons Captain?

Carey 6

Jordan, you do not stand a chance. Sorry.

My signature just says it all really.

I'm actually gutted, before this berk came along I had it all. infamy, loathing and trolls who followed me about. Volta has already attracted some of the best posters on here into replying... I haven't been able to wind up Red-Robbo for yonks :'(

I don't think that captains are particularly important on the pitch in football anymore. Players all mouth off at the ref whenever they like and almost always get away with it anyway. We could do with one or two more leaders on the pitch really, armband or not.

A good Captain makes a huge difference.

He is traditionally the voice of the manager on the pitch, organising the team and ensuring the managers' instructions are carried out.

He will be a player who will inspire by his performances, his character, and his ability to rouse the team. He will be cajoling his team mates to give of their best right up to the final whistle whatever the circumstances.

His personal pride in his own performance will rub off on the other players to ensure they always give 100%, just like him, and woe betide any slacker - he can expect one hell of a bollocking. He will never hide in a crisis, but will be even more animated when things are going against his team, and will never quietly accept defeat

In short he is an outstanding individual and a LEADER that the other players look up to and every team will benefit from his presence and be much the worse for his absence.

Bristol City, so obviously lacking collective character for much of this season, could hardly be more desperate to unearth such an individual to lead us by example on the pitch and it's of utmost importance to improving our displays next season that Del finds him.

I'm actually gutted, before this berk came along I had it all. infamy, loathing and trolls who followed me about. Volta has already attracted some of the best posters on here into replying... I haven't been able to wind up Red-Robbo for yonks :'(

Where's Riaz ?? Did he get banned for that outburst Saturday ?

Your an old softy really Jordan..

To save me time reading all this shite, did we find out who has got the biggest knob? That was a lot of cock waving there chaps, save it for the summer......only 4 more days before we'll have nothing to talk about for ages. I'm sure we can arrange a proper cock waving tournament then.......

I must have missed that, It's been lonely without him though.

And **** off Lew-T, you ******* ****! I won't be having my good name dragged through the muck. HATE ME GOD-DAMMIT!

Alright alright..

You are a ****!

Oh dear, this is just embarrising. I fear this may fall on deaf ears but Volta, seriously, just let it go your making yourself look a prat. Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make them "clueless". You've backed yourself in to a corner and are behaving like a child.

For what it's worth, i agree with Volta. Out of the current squad i think Fonts has done a decent job. I hope (unlike Volta, which will probably make me clueless...) Carey gets an extension and should be club captain. Now depending who comes in could depend on tthe new skipper. Now whether you agree with a new man walking into the club and taking the armband is another matter. Over the years i've believe it's an honour that has to be earnt, but this club wouldnt hurt from a change in mentallity and should someone like McManus come in they would perhaps be an ideal candidate. Discuss.......(without calling me clueless preferably ;0) )

I don't think you've ever wound me up JT.

Except for confusing me with Robbored - please don't do that!!! :facepalm::redcard:

Give it a rest before we enforce one for the rest of the summer.

Forums are about differing views, but at least respect people are entitled to their own views and not belittle them for having said views.

A good Captain makes a huge difference.

He is traditionally the voice of the manager on the pitch, organising the team and ensuring the managers' instructions are carried out.

He will be a player who will inspire by his performances, his character, and his ability to rouse the team. He will be cajoling his team mates to give of their best right up to the final whistle whatever the circumstances.

His personal pride in his own performance will rub off on the other players to ensure they always give 100%, just like him, and woe betide any slacker - he can expect one hell of a bollocking. He will never hide in a crisis, but will be even more animated when things are going against his team, and will never quietly accept defeat

In short he is an outstanding individual and a LEADER that the other players look up to and every team will benefit from his presence and be much the worse for his absence.

Bristol City, so obviously lacking collective character for much of this season, could hardly be more desperate to unearth such an individual to lead us by example on the pitch and it's of utmost importance to improving our displays next season that Del finds him.

A successful team needs lots of leaders on the pitch. Players that will always be talking, encouraging and, as mentioned above, not hiding. A good team will have 3 or 4 players like this.

However, I think it's largely irrelevant who actually wears the armband.

I don't often log in these days, but had to for this, kept me entertained during my lunch hour! Although I don't think I've ever facepalmed so much during one single thread. How long until this gets moved to the classics board because of Captain Asshat/Volta?

Anyway, enough ramble, my vote would be for either Stead or Skuse. Sure, the shouts of Skuse for captain have been shot down here, but this season, particularly in the last few games, he's really stepped it up a notch. Maybe being appointed captain would give him an extra push to emulate this season's performances of his. He is local after all, so passion and drive wouldn't be hard to prove and spread.

Cisse is a great shout too, just need to know if he's sticking around or not.

Im really not bothered who ends up being captain next season, as its less and less relevant and more of prop than anything these days anyway.

Shaun Taylor was before your time then?

An inspirational Captain makes all the difference.

To save me time reading all this shite, did we find out who has got the biggest knob? That was a lot of cock waving there chaps, save it for the summer......only 4 more days before we'll have nothing to talk about for ages. I'm sure we can arrange a proper cock waving tournament then.......

Nothing to talk about Woodsy? :shocking:

The retained list, transfer rumours, next season's fixture list, new signings, pre season friendlies, new kit, squad photo, Open Day etc.

The close season is usually relaxed and good fun on here and many posters regain their sense of humour with the sun shining and no pressure filled match at the end of each week.

I'd be surprised to see any cock waving at all.

How can people even consider Cisse had a potential captain? Not only Is the bloke potentially on his way out, but next season he ain't even going to be a guaranteed starter, something fonts and Skuse will be......not that Skuse should be considered obviously he shouldn't be......

As for stead he is a fans favourite, but again not convinced he will start every game, so I would stick for fonts.

How can people even consider Cisse had a potential captain? Not only Is the bloke potentially on his way out, but next season he ain't even going to be a guaranteed starter, something fonts and Skuse will be......not that Skuse should be considered obviously he shouldn't be......

As for stead he is a fans favourite, but again not convinced he will start every game, so I would stick for fonts.

Fonts is weak as a Captain.

Archived